kbazi

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 18, 2014
I think Chanel probably misses out this week. He may only be in the 21 in case one of Walsh, Nikorima or RTS comes down with injury, in which case he'd be straight into the halves if that was to happen.
Agreed. There's no case to be made to drop Kodi or Walsh after last week's performance.

It's going to be hard for CHT to come into the team at all unless it's at 14 where Jazz is already.

I'd say you could possibly throw him in the middle in the last 20, similar to somewhat of a Benji role or McInnes but we'd simply have too many chefs in the kitchen. It would be a cluster F*ck. And apart from those big shots we've seen him put on, not actually sure if he's defensively sound.

Last edited:

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I would be putting Pompey on the right wing and slotting Aitken in at left centre — if he's good to go. Pompey's knack for breaking tackles could be pretty useful on the kick return, and Manly's edges are really vulnerable. Having seen them this past weekend, if we play like we did against the Cowboys and get early ball out wide, I think we can really hurt them. I could see Aitken running off Walsh turning out to be a pretty threatening combination.

Would be tempted to move CHT to 7 and Kodi to 14 but I'm pretty sure that Chanel's injury was meant to set him back further? Might be too soon for him and Kodi doesn't deserve to be dropped anyway. Also, if the combination is going to be CHT and Walsh, then they need time to work on how that's gonna function. Two left footers in a team halves combination is pretty uncommon.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Ia Chanel is truly 100% fit he plays imo. At a minimum on the bench but I would rather he start and Kodi on the bench. Yes Kodi had a good game (or half?) last week but that doesn't make him an auto selection for me.

Reactions: Swanley

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Welcome back Krackatoa.

With big benny out was always the logical replacement.......geez if he can get back to his best how much stronger would that make us.

Suspect Chanel isnt quite ready yet but its going to be interesting what they do once he is 100....especially if Walsh and Kodi have another strong performance.

Odds on giraffe neck putting another early kick in behind Ken for Saab to leave him for dead?.......surely not again

kbazi

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 18, 2014
Ia Chanel is truly 100% fit he plays imo. At a minimum on the bench but I would rather he start and Kodi on the bench. Yes Kodi had a good game (or half?) last week but that doesn't make him an auto selection for me.
It would be for Jazz at best. Even though Jazz makes a lot of mistakes, and has cost us some games.. there are plenty of moments he's come on and gotten some momentum rolling with his offloads, etc.

I'd be worried if our bench was

14. Jazz
15. Ah Mau
16. Afoa
17. CHT

I guess we do have an 11 and 12 capable of playing 80 🤷‍♂️

Still a weak bench, we need to capitalise on Taupau and Aloai being out.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Cces

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Seems weird they would rush Katoa back, especially since Murch is a right edge player to cover Murds and is solid.
Seems like Brown thinks Katoa is capable on the right. He spent half his game there vs Roosters then started there vs Manly last time out. Looks better on the left so far in his short career & that's where he ran out for Redcliffe a few weeks back

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
It would be for Jazz at best. Even though Jazz makes a lot of mistakes, and has cost us some games.. there are plenty of moments he's come on and gotten some momentum rolling with his offloads, etc.

I'd be worried if our bench was

14. Jazz
15. Ah Mau
16. Afoa
17. CHT

I guess we do have an 11 and 12 capable of playing 80 🤷‍♂️

Still a weak bench, we need to capitalise on Taupau and Aloai being out.
Yea I am a Jazz fan, I think the bench is better than it looks when you factor in Tohu playing any position so you can manipulate your pack however you like without weakening it

Reactions: francis

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
North Shore
Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

02 May

24 - 20
6.5 Total Avg Rating
7.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player