• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Wtf bro? You're a glutton for punishment, I dont think I could do it, it's not good for you once let alone twice.

100%

Why on earth would anyone want to torture themselves by watching a replay...?

If you never got a chance to watch the game. Be thankful.

• Haha
Reactions: Raw Power

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 1, 2015
Given that post got a lot of likes and others said it, clearly its not just me.

So the question is, if we are going to play, what for the last 8 minutes was an extremely effective spine and from 15 minutes stopped Manly's dominance via Turbo creating havoc in our broken defensive line. The question is, how do we get Kodi on board, we know he hates the idea of being a utility or hooker, but the reality is, Broncos had it right and for $250k less. But hes here for another 1 and 2/3 seasons, how do we get his head around that everybody thinks he would make a damn good dummy half runner and surprisingly he provided extremely good service (aside from the chilidish not passing to walsh for 7 minutes thing).

Clearly 9 Kodi 7 Chanel Harris-Tavita 6 Walsh 1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a dynamic spine dripping with X factor, especially if Kodi does his 0-100 in 0.1sec out of dummy half and we catch the opposition in broken defense offside with all the pros like Walsh and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck backing up his run for him to offload Walsh into a gapping hole, zillions of line break and try assists and plenty of oppurtunities to try for dummy half tries with his speed and footwork. Im not sure why he is so anti the role. Well I do know why, he has always seen himself as a marquee half back and clearly thats not reality. Perhaps starting him there will give him more time to realise how brilliant he could be in dummy half.

Either way, Brown better bloody well play that spine from the start next game. He admitted he underplayed Walsh, who was warming himself up 15mins into the first half. And clearly we went from 6 unanswered tries in a row to Walsh scoring one and nearly setting up Ken in the corner (but was too slow) for a conversion kick in extra time to level it. If we play like that from the start for 80m with key players returning, we are going to be flappn handful to deal with, Kodi dummy half short ball to big Ben MnM on a diagonal route back the other way at full speed into half a hole 2m out from the line, garunteed try every time. Cant wait.
Given that post got a lot of likes and others said it, clearly its not just me.

So the question is, if we are going to play, what for the last 8 minutes was an extremely effective spine and from 15 minutes stopped Manly's dominance via Turbo creating havoc in our broken defensive line. The question is, how do we get Kodi on board, we know he hates the idea of being a utility or hooker, but the reality is, Broncos had it right and for $250k less. But hes here for another 1 and 2/3 seasons, how do we get his head around that everybody thinks he would make a damn good dummy half runner and surprisingly he provided extremely good service (aside from the chilidish not passing to walsh for 7 minutes thing).

Clearly 9 Kodi 7 Chanel Harris-Tavita 6 Walsh 1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a dynamic spine dripping with X factor, especially if Kodi does his 0-100 in 0.1sec out of dummy half and we catch the opposition in broken defense offside with all the pros like Walsh and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck backing up his run for him to offload Walsh into a gapping hole, zillions of line break and try assists and plenty of oppurtunities to try for dummy half tries with his speed and footwork. Im not sure why he is so anti the role. Well I do know why, he has always seen himself as a marquee half back and clearly thats not reality. Perhaps starting him there will give him more time to realise how brilliant he could be in dummy half.

Either way, Brown better bloody well play that spine from the start next game. He admitted he underplayed Walsh, who was warming himself up 15mins into the first half. And clearly we went from 6 unanswered tries in a row to Walsh scoring one and nearly setting up Ken in the corner (but was too slow) for a conversion kick in extra time to level it. If we play like that from the start for 80m with key players returning, we are going to be flappn handful to deal with, Kodi dummy half short ball to big Ben MnM on a diagonal route back the other way at full speed into half a hole 2m out from the line, garunteed try every time. Cant wait.
Freaking amen 👏👏👏

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Wtf bro? You're a glutton for punishment, I dont think I could do it, it's not good for you once let alone twice.

I struggle to watch games live man. Im usually on the forum just so I can be distracted because I feel like I already know whats coming lol. So I feel more calm watching the replays and I can actually pick up and see stuff which I normally miss because I'm too emotionally vested when it's live.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Gets in the way
100%

Why on earth would anyone want to torture themselves by watching a replay...?

If you never got a chance to watch the game. Be thankful.
Gets in the way of my social life sometimes so I try and not prioritise the warriors because I've been disappointed more often than not. I just do my life and then watch the replay later. Trying anyway but im still a tragic.

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
I struggle to watch games live man. Im usually on the forum just so I can be distracted because I feel like I already know whats coming lol. So I feel more calm watching the replays and I can actually pick up and see stuff which I normally miss because I'm too emotionally vested when it's live.
How good was Walsh setting up Ken in the last minute of the game, Ken came too far in, should of been on the sideline, anyway what Walsh did to draw in the centre and wing was beautiful.

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
They cut us to bits and ran through us out wide and from a long way out for one of them. We scored a couple of lucky ones from kicks.

Walsh has to play 6. It's a lot to lump on an 18 year old but unfortunately I would say if he doesn't play we don't make the 8.
100%. Kodi needs to be 14 from the start of the match.

I'd be rotating him, with Walsh and Egan, giving Egan a rest and protecting Walsh from harm as much as possible.

NewZealish

U20's Player
Feb 7, 2018
Perth
My take on this week -

It took a once in a season kind of performance to bet us from Turbo, credit where credit is due.

If Walsh will be starting next week he needs to have more experienced defenders either side of him. Turbo identified him as a weak link and busted through him quickly, he did chase back and made a tackle but the damage was done. He needs a Harris or Ben Murdoch-Masila beside him to direct him and slide and cover him a bit.

Aiken is going to be a big in for us next week, he will be able to keep up with Walsh if he makes a break and should shore up his side of defence a bit too.

Last week and this week showed us up with attitude in defence in the second half when things weren’t going our way. Also a lack of vision/direction to know when to play up and in and when to go to a slide defence.

But let’s be honest how many games do you score 30+ points and lose? So I take our more expansive attack as a big positive. Small improvements over a extended period make for lasting change, we can all see it’s in the boys to make a real go of it this season, would be nice to see a couple wins in a row I do admit though.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

NRL: New Zealand Warriors coach Nathan Brown rues momentum swings against Sea Eagles, admits confusion over use of gun teenager Reece Walsh

Warriors coach Nathan Brown has lamented his team's inability to withstand momentum shifts within games, in the wake of Sunday's 38-32 defeat to Manly.

After holding a promising 20-12 halftime lead, the visitors shipped five tries without reply in the space of 17 brutal minutes, to hand the Sea Eagles a match-winning lead.

The contest swung massively in a crucial 10-minute period after halftime.

The Warriors bombed a great chance to extend their eight-point lead – with an errant Kodi Nikorima pass wasting a three-on-one overlap – but what came next was even more damaging.

The Warriors compounded the error by allowing Manly to cross in the next set, after the Sea Eagles rumbled more than 90 metres up field.

From there the Warriors lost their shape, making errors in possession and poor defensive decisions, which allowed Manly guns Daly Cherry-Evans and Tom Trbojevic the freedom of Brookvale.

"At 20-12 we should have walked over the line," said Brown of the second-half flashpoint.

"The error didn't cost us the game but it's how we struggle when momentum and things don't go our way and momentum goes against us.

"You are going have opportunities in games when you put sides in a situation where the scoreboard suggests they are a fair way away, and you don't take them, that happens and it's how you respond to them that makes you a good team.

"Our response to that wasn't great. And then we never touched the ball for a while again."

There was a similar period last week, when the Cowboys came home strong, and several other matches this year. It's not an issue unique to the Warriors, especially with the increased pace of the NRL this season.

It's partly game management, partly inexperience and partly mentality, but needs to be addressed to retain any hope of September football.

"We have got to do that far, far better and respond more positively with our defence when we come up with [things] like the error when we should have scored," said Brown.

The left-edge defence was targeted ruthlessly by Manly on Sunday, with wing Jason Saab grabbing a hat-trick, though the Warriors were also exposed up the middle, when Trbojevic scored a quick first-half double.

Brown also questioned his own decision-making around the spine, with Reece Walsh brought on in the 53rd minute for Wayde Egan, with Nikorima switching to dummy half.

It was a difficult introduction for Walsh on the left edge, as Manly were rampant down the right flank, though the teenager helped to spark the late comeback, with several dynamic plays and his first NRL try.

"I don't know if I am using Reece properly, he's only been with us for three weeks and obviously Manly had a plan for when he was on the field," said Brown.

"I've probably got to take some responsibility, because we came up against a smart coach with some blokes that can think on their feet [like] Cherry-Evans and Tommy [Trbojevic].

"Sometimes the coach needs to look at how he does things, and it will be something I will have to learn with our personnel.

"I'm not sure I'm using them properly. We've got some good, young talented players there and trying to get your best players on the field is what the coach has got to do but did I do it right? I'm not sure I did."

Brown added that powerful second rower Ben Murdoch-Masila, who was sorely missed, is likely to be back for Sunday's clash with the Eels, while experienced centre Euan Aitken will also be in contention.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
100%. Kodi needs to be 14 from the start of the match.

I'd be rotating him, with Walsh and Egan, giving Egan a rest and protecting Walsh from harm as much as possible.
I'm actually not a fan of Kodi in the 14 role. For a number of reasons.

It upsets the makeup of our bench. I dont believe we can carry Jazz and Kodi on the bench. we need 3 forwards there - similarly we cant carry Jazz + Chanel Harris-Tavita or Walsh on the bench IMO

I actually think Kodi is better than Chanel Harris-Tavita by quite a margin

If Egan needs a rest then Jazz needs to do it, however I don't believe Egan is the problem - certainly not with our defence getting cut to bits out wide.

Walsh plays 80 minutes - if he is good enough he is old enough :)

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
I agree with that. One difference between Ken and Manu was that Manu always had a bit of mongrel, Ken has the talent but I don't now about the mongrel. I don't know that he is a liability as much as wasted on the wing. He isn't fast, winger have to be fast before anything else. I guess he is too expensive to play in the forwards.

You are right. I hope if Ken does move into the forwards he starts developing a bit of mongrel and aggression as that is what his role would be in the back row. He won't be a tackle bot back rower.

I remember in rugby union when Jerome Kaino started out in the back row he didn't have that aggression and toughness either but he developed it over time. Hopefully Ken could do the same.

Reactions: bruce

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
There is no way we should be upsetting the make up of our bench to accomodate Chanel Harris-Tavita who offers absolutely zero.

He has had 3 years in first grade and has shown nothing.

Walsh showed more in 2 games than Chanel Harris-Tavita did in his whole career, it is time to stop believing your own delusional hype and admit Chanel Harris-Tavita is average at best and he should not be in the team at the moment

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 1, 2015
Stop this bring walsh up slowly, dont risk him early. F*ck it put him in and let him play 80mins. Theres something about him that just makes the team play actual footy. Walsh doesnt hold back. He sees an opportunity he will take it. No backward step, no second guessing with this guy. I think he knows his abilities and hes not afraid to use it.

leaguepunk66

Waterboy
May 2, 2016
Ken blows some but makes some too.

It his slow turn around that bothers me. He is a relic of the old Warriors without go forward in the pack so he is there for his metres.

He reminds me sort of anyway of Kevin Iro, Tony's brother. The guy was brilliance personified and could do things nobody else could. The main problem was he didn't do it al the time, and the rest he was pretty ordinary.

Maybe a trifle harsh.
I would take K.Iro at his worst over Ken anyday.Iro was a superstar and Ken has a long way to go to even be in the same ballpark.Like comparing a ferrari to a humber 80!

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
I would take K.Iro at his worst over Ken anyday.Iro was a superstar and Ken has a long way to go to even be in the same ballpark.Like comparing a ferrari to a humber 80!

Maumalo is rubbish, he doesn't use his size to finish and he doesn't even run hard anymore.

He is a total liability on defence with very little upside, would rather see Montoya on the wing

nakiproud

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 29, 2016
Have to wonder if everyone would be shitting on Chanel Harris-Tavita if Walsh wasn't playing in the halves. Walshy is an absolute top tier player in the making. He would make most clubs hate their current halves in comparison
It's about what's best for the warriors not Chanel Harris-Tavita... Walsh is special... As I've said before only argument is how much we should expose Walsh as he's a kid. Chanel Harris-Tavita great defender - which we need 100%- but where do we fit him in (if at all) for the benefit of the warriors??? Personally I like nikorimas attack and egans smarts... But I get the everyone has a different opinion!!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings