• C

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • F-

Votes: 9 9.0%

• Total voters

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
He won't need him. It would take me 20mins to find footage setting a precedent as to why that is not even a one week ban.

They'll fight the charge and get off comfortably.

He's only been charged to save face for the referees and justify the sin binning.
I am worried they won't challenge it as early guilty plea is no time missed. I hope they fight it purely out of principle. Nrl360 not talking about it either, crazy

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
They were doing this a lot when we were in their 20. Give away a set restart early usually on the first tackle. The play that resulted in that infringement would result in a tackle that would be some of the slowest in the game with our player held down while they fully get their line set which it wasn't before seeing as they didn't get back the 10 or had to race out of the line.

There is a lot to like about Melbourne. How they are always organised, do the little things like diving on loose balls or support plays. All things I wish we could get away with. They also are the team that leads the way with all of the negative things that come into the game.
honestly ive seen every team in the comp do this more and more every week, its obviously a practised strategy.

the shitiest part during the game was watching the storm give the penalty for 6 again and then still not get off. it was a professional foul and should have been 10 in the bin. but u could see the ref had no idea what to do about it, he had already awarded 6 again and couldnt see what to do next

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
Hard watch & we didn’t look like we’d win at any point but really pissed off yet again that all that’s being discussed was the referring. The sin bin was awful but what got me more was the ruck speed & defensive line deference’s. The storm pushed it all game. Lying on the tackler (the storm) vs us hitting tackle contract & being told to move. It was like watching touch vs rugby union. Glad it’s over but shame that an important occasion is overshadowed by bullshit talking points......again!

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Looool Curran charged with grade 2 facing 5 weeks!!! Haha fuck me dead what a scam!! Fuck you dirty dog cu** media pricks not saying one word about this but carrying on like a bunch of monkeys when Mitchell was charged and found guilty for something that was 50/50
50/50 is far to generous, that was one of the most blatant cheap shots I have ever seen!

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
Wtf no way, shouldn't of even been a penalty ! This is non sense.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Just wanted to relate the best thing i heard while at the game.

A Beautiful young Maori lady sitting just in front of me, was really into the game. Big fan of the warriors. She knew the players was aware of Walsh coming in before the start of the game, really with it in every way. Rode ever play, jumping out of her seat if anything was happening.

Just before i walked out, i heard her say "Fuck I hate you Warriors!" Score at this time was 30 - 10 (or thereabouts)

But that comment summed up the night.

Last edited:

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Right....

Negatives:
Injuries are killing us
Egan, got showed up badly on the weekend, I don't rate him so am a bit biased. His tackling was terrible, his delivery from dummy half is average and dare I say it, I think even Jazz played better at dummy half than Egan. He showed us against the Dragons what he can do, just play like that!
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - How can an elite player look so out of sorts defending on the wing considering that's where he started. Still trying to figure that one out.
Sin Bin - that was not a Sin bin....

Positives:
Walsh - enough' s been said, but he is our fullback from now on. Roger can play on the wing or centre.
Rocco - I thought he went really well considering he's played a handful of games. He's a keeper, never looked out place.
Ben Murdoch-Masila - He's really warming to the task, he's fast approaching one of our best.
We never dropped our bundle.

If we keep playing like this, we are a good chance of making the 8. Looking forward to the cowboys next week, hopefully we get some troops back.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Devils advocate. Brown didn’t care about the result. We had 0 chance so it was an opportunity to try things.

Tohu Harris and possibly a few others, sat out when he could have played to give his body a rest because we had no chance.

We played with switching players out of position disrupting our defence - Kodi, Berry, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, etc because of injury, the future and because the result was irrelevant. This cost us plenty of points.

Sean O'Sullivan was sat out and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck played on the wing to trial Walsh. We don’t do that against a team when we were desperate for a win. Walsh slots in at centre or on the wing. Will be interesting next week...

Established players had been told to tone back the physicality to prevent injury hence we were not trying to dominate the tackle and slowing down the ruck. Hence Kodi, Egan, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Walsh, etc didn’t try to hard to tackle (at least that’s my justification and I’m sticking with it 🤣). Ben Murdoch-Masila and Curran didn’t get the message!

Brown and the coaches looked pretty relaxed in the box - almost like they weren’t to fussed we had 40 points put on us. Roll on next week and a completely different attitude. Cowboys have won 3 in a row and gone from a certain 2 points to a real challenge.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
If Curran gets any sideline time for that I think I will finally stop watching. The sinbin call was ridiculous and completely changed the game.
The NRL is broken. You just have to read the circle jerk defending Lattrell Mitchell finally getting what he has deserved for a while to see just how full of its own bullshit it is.
Here's hoping Walsh continues to be as good as he showed yesterday and we don't destroy him.
Play him at FB, play him at 6, just play him.

We didn't throw enough money at Hughes, Imagine what could have been with Hughes and Walsh.

This side at full strength has some future in it. Keep your heads up lads.

According to Gould the sin binning was driven by the Bunker, the charge came out of nowhere. Are they basing their decisions on injury or intent. To get a concussion there has to be a collision, so every tackle can in theory means the tackler is in jeopardy. What happens if a player collides with a goal post, like Kevin Locke, does the Groundsman get suspended?l

nakiproud

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 29, 2016
According to Gould the sin binning was driven by the Bunker, the charge came out of nowhere. Are they basing their decisions on injury or intent. To get a concussion there has to be a collision, so every tackle can in theory means the tackler is in jeopardy. What happens if a player collides with a goal post, like Kevin Locke, does the Groundsman get suspended?l
They obviously see Curren as a threat to the competitions desire for the warriors to NOT make the 8......

Reactions: Old Sid

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
It’s a hard game to gauge for us really. Storm played with a speed that we couldn’t match and took the pedal off in the 2nd half with the game in the bag.

Brown experimented and would have learnt a lot more about his squad than if we’d just played for damage control. Like the fact that he’s prepared to make tactical changes during a game. We saw absolutely none of that with Kearney in charge. Early days but I’m pretty happy with what I’ve seen of Brown so far.

Walsh looks an absolute gem, probably most happy with his kicking. Fullbacks who can kick, run and playmake are rare so delighted we’ve got one for the next three seasons.

Flaco

Warriors Bench Player
Jan 7, 2020
Looool Curran charged with grade 2 facing 5 weeks!!! Haha fuck me dead what a scam!! Fuck you dirty dog cu** media pricks not saying one word about this but carrying on like a bunch of monkeys when Mitchell was charged and found guilty for something that was 50/50
That's terrible news, for the NRL and Curran. I saw a chest high hit followed by an inadvertent head clash. He did not attack the head.
Imagine the same tackle but this time, instead of a head clash with an opponent , it was with a teammate. (It could easily have happened in this case.) By this logic, we would have the ridiculous situation where he would be penalised, sinbinned and banned for five weeks for hurting his teammate. I hope they fight the charge.

Reactions: Ever Hopeful

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016

It's not 5 weeks. It's 1 week with an early guilty plea, or 2 weeks if he contests and is found guilty.

The media has also been fairly vocal about it - e.g. the Sterlo clip posted on this forum - so I don't think it's fair to say they've been silent on it.

I agree that it's bollocks that he's been charged at all, but let's not make it sound worse than it really is.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings