Votes: 31 31.0%
  • C

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • F-

Votes: 9 9.0%

• Total voters
Fonzie

Fonzie

I thought I must have got it wrong so had another good look. It sure as hell was a head clash unless there is a different camera angle out there that shows something different?

Anyone shed anything further on it.?
Nope, straight BS call

Reactions: 5 users

Uster101

The match review committee concurring with the bunker re Curran looks like face-saving the bunker. Watching the replay many times it just looks like an accidental head clash. Vilisanti’s one in the GF (which was also legal) was slightly worse. But still legal
You have to realize the only reason it was a sin bin and now the review and charge was because Curran is a Warriors player. If it was one of the Warriors players forced off by a storm player (or any Australian based side) in the exact same situation (A head Clash) nothing would have been done about it. Happens every season to the Warriors, and also leading up to a Kiwi Kangaroo test match where you can guarantee there will always be a potential Kiwi player banned but a Kangaroo player is always let off for a similar or worse infringement. It's just how it is, The Warriors are the only team in the comp that will have a player sin binned for an accidental head clash. Last nights game you could be sure that even if a storm player knocked one of the Warriors players out with a shoulder charge, or flying deliberate stiff arm to the head, the storm player would have received no put on report notice or punishment. It is just how the NRL is towards the Warriors......... More Corrupt than the Zimbabwe government under Mugabe :)

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Aman

Aman

Id say up there as the worst call I've ever seen. The sport is just in such a strange place right now with how to deal with physicality. It's a brutal game and shit happens but if its not intentional, reckless or dangerous than fucking play on.

Reactions: 4 users
Aman

Aman

Id say up there as the worst call I've ever seen. The sport is just in such a strange place right now with how to deal with physicality. It's a brutal game and shit happens but if its not intentional, reckless or dangerous than fucking play on
You have to realize the only reason it was a sin bin and now the review and charge was because Curran is a Warriors player. If it was one of the Warriors players forced off by a storm player (or any Australian based side) in the exact same situation (A head Clash) nothing would have been done about it. Happens every season to the Warriors, and also leading up to a Kiwi Kangaroo test match where you can guarantee there will always be a potential Kiwi player banned but a Kangaroo player is always let off for a similar or worse infringement. It's just how it is, The Warriors are the only team in the comp that will have a player sin binned for an accidental head clash. Last nights game you could be sure that even if a storm player knocked one of the Warriors players out with a shoulder charge, or flying deliberate stiff arm to the head, the storm player would have received no put on report notice or punishment. It is just how the NRL is towards the Warriors......... More Corrupt than the Zimbabwe government under Mugabe :)

Why doesn't someone say or do anything about it? It's not like we live in Zimbabwe. Every other captain blows up way more for shit calls, why not ours? Every other coach gives it to them in the presser and cops the fine but why not ours? Why aren't management saying something? Where's Phil gould ?

Reactions: 3 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

The screen capture I've taken is not the best quality sorry, but they only need to show this frame to prove he is not guilty:

Capture

They should fight the charge. Pleading guilty to lessen a ban for something you are not guilty of just doesn't sit right.

Reactions: 14 users
Raw Power

Raw Power

Id say up there as the worst call I've ever seen. The sport is just in such a strange place right now with how to deal with physicality. It's a brutal game and shit happens but if its not intentional, reckless or dangerous than fucking play on.
except if you have a Warriors jersey on!

Reactions: 1 user

Uster101

I can't recall Curran having any prior issues with the judiciary.

Even if he had to go up on that shot you would think he'd be a good chance to get off. I though Maumalo hit the Storm player in the head not Curran.

The judiciary also have the shot in the Roosters game which was worse and the shoulder charge in the Sharks game.

At first I thought they were trying to get Curran for a shoulder charge. But he had enough arm work in there. It was basically that he was going to fast at the point of impact.
Curran has had no prior issues mainly because he has hardly played :)

Reactions: 1 users
Raw Power

Raw Power

Another thing that got me was the Fricken Storm retained their Captains Challenge even after video review proving they were wrong.

I am not sure but is this the first time this has happened?..
Bloody Blantant Cheat that Chitty C...

Reactions: 2 users
Lance155

Lance155

Another thing that got me was the Fricken Storm retained their Captains Challenge even after video review proving they were wrong.

I am not sure but is this the first time this has happened?..
Bloody Blantant Cheat that Chitty C...
You should seen when curran got called offside on the charge down. He was back 10 but the ref was back 12 metres!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Uster101

There were a couple of things that happened last night that are very dangerous for the game if they are allowed to continue.

The 18th man concussion replacement for foul play is a very good introduction to the game in principle, however we saw the ugly side of it last night. Clearly Jennings was showing he was in no condition to continue (hope he's ok by the way), however there is now huge pressure for the match officials to make a call on a sin binning/send off to initiate the replacement. Last night any clear judgement on the actual cause of the concussion was lost and it almost seemed like a way of evading any perceived fall out from the Storm being disadvantaged by losing a player. That was completely wrong and I hope the referrees boss comes out this week with an explanation on how they are going to mitigate this now 'grey area'.

The continued holding down of a player after a six again is called early in the tackle count to reset your defensive line has been getting worse each round, but the Storm took it to
a new level last night. It has become farcical. The easy fix is to blow a penalty if a team is coming out of its own half, or deem it a professional foul if its on your goalline.
That should stop it pretty quickly.
I actually thought the 18th man was only allowed to be brought into the game as a replacement for a player put out of the game by foul play. That's what gets me? He should not have been allowed to be brought into the game as an accidental head clash is not foul play? Well I always thought a head clash was not foul play. Anyway bringing the storm 18th man into the game was an incorrect call by the officials and kind a makes you think the Officials and the Storm have not read or do not understand the 18th man replacement rules. For this reason the Storm should be stripped of the 2 points right? should the Warriors contest this and hope the Storm are disqualified in this game hence giving us the 2 points? Just a thought

• Haha
Raw Power

Raw Power

I always write an email when these blatant bias against the Warriors/Kiwi's happens.
If you want to as well their email is:
they usually reply each time with the usual blurb about the high integrity of the game etc etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Uster101

Id say up there as the worst call I've ever seen. The sport is just in such a strange place right now with how to deal with physicality. It's a brutal game and shit happens but if its not intentional, reckless or dangerous than fucking play on

Why doesn't someone say or do anything about it? It's not like we live in Zimbabwe. Every other captain blows up way more for shit calls, why not ours? Every other coach gives it to them in the presser and cops the fine but why not ours? Why aren't management saying something? Where's Phil gould ?
Roger was constantly complaining the bad decisions but that got no where with the Officials. Might as well start calling the refs 'Steve Smiths or David Warners"......... Cheats

Makasene

Makasene

I actually thought the 18th man was only allowed to be brought into the game as a replacement for a player put out of the game by foul play. That's what gets me? He should not have been allowed to be brought into the game as an accidental head clash is not foul play? Well I always thought a head clash was not foul play. Anyway bringing the storm 18th man into the game was an incorrect call by the officials and kind a makes you think the Officials and the Storm have not read or do not understand the 18th man replacement rules. For this reason the Storm should be stripped of the 2 points right? should the Warriors contest this and hope the Storm are disqualified in this game hence giving us the 2 points? Just a thought

The fact is he was penalised which makes it foul play.

jonesy101

jonesy101

The Storm exercised their right to use the 18th man which is automatically granted as soon as the opposition player is sin-binned so they are free of any blame in the matter.

What is scary though is that while this incorrect call pretty much destroyed the contest there was still most of the game to play. Just think of the fallout if it happens in a semi-final in the 75th minute and the 18th man scores the match winning try.

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
If you have a look at the stats from the game you wonder how we lost by so many but the standout for me is the PTB speed where our average time was 4.08 secs against their 3.46 sec

Stats

Reactions: 5 users

Uster101

The Storm exercised their right to use the 18th man which is automatically granted as soon as the opposition player is sin-binned so they are free of any blame in the matter.

What is scary though is that while this incorrect call pretty much destroyed the contest there was still most of the game to play. Just think of the fallout if it happened in the 75th minute and the 18th man scored the match winning try.
My point is it was not foul play. So clearly he should not have been allowed to be brought into the game. The officials are the ones to blame for this and my point is they got it wrong hence the 18th man was brought into the game wrongly because of the Officials error. Makes it kind of scary really and why the 18th man rule is a bad idea. It is down to the officials and when they get it wrong like they did just shows this rule has issues

Nangsy

Nangsy

Didnwe get carved up in the middle? I thought we were ok there and got dominated out wide the full 80
We were only making 30 metres most sets, that’s got to do with our ruck speed. Don’t know how we fix that it’s like everything’s slow motion when we get the ball.

Uster101

If you have a look at the stats from the game you wonder how we lost by so many but the standout for me is the PTB speed where our average time was 4.08 secs against their 3.46 sec

Stats
Thats the problem - they got on a role easily and our players struggles to slow them down hence they caused us too many problems with quick ruck speed etc. they won the wrestle on the ground and have done so for years against most opposition

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
We were only making 30 metres most sets, that’s got to do with our ruck speed. Don’t know how we fix that it’s like everything’s slow motion when we get the ball.
Their average set distance was 39m to our 34.9m

Reactions: 2 users