• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
It's a tough one. Once Harris is permanently returns to the back row there there is only room for one of them. Unless we move Curran to 13 and Jazz to the bench.

Curran is someone who is probably better suited to starting I think. So perhaps Katoa goes to the bench. Could make our back row a bit one dimensional though. No room for Murchie in a full strength 17 unfortunately.
You are right but its a very good "problem" to have, players pushing each other for spots. Have not seen this sort of depth at the warriors for a long time.

Reactions: HoRneT041

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
His stats when you look at the winning try vs Canberra are to be taken seriously, he is a very good player for us. And young, more to come from Pompey I feel.
I said this early last year when he was just starting to come good and people on here called me stupid lol but you can see him growing in confidence. He has great footwork, good strength with a nice fend. Not too sure about his speed and would like him to work more on setting his outside into space with passes or take a leaf out of joey manus book with the fend and flick pass but he is still young and he is still growing as a player. Solid defensively as well for a youmg centre.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Great performance. Hopefully that will quiet down some of the over the top pessimists on this site. Curran had an absolute stormer of a game and Brown deserves credit for putting him in over Katoa. Pompey A+, Roger A++++. Attack may of still been a bit clunky in places but the D was solid. Hard place to win at against a side in form with a very hostile crowd. To be 3/3 considering our injuries is pretty fucking good if you ask me.
Dont worry those "fans" will be back as soon as we lose a game, calling for the coachs head, talking about how rts is the most overrated player in the nrl and not a true leader and saying things like "its been 25 years and this club still has no heart, just get rid off them already im so sick of being a fan!"

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Pleasantly surprised after expecting a loss. Boys showed heart and effort which is all I expect even in a loss. 2 standouts for me were Pompey and Curran especially after not particularly rating them. Was nice to get the rub of the green a bit with the ref at times, couple of blunders each way but felt like we came out on top- adds a bit of perspective watching it with opposition fans that most teams feel screwed by the ref at times.
Although they pissed me off with the constant booing how nice would it be to have fans that likely influence decisions real home ground advantage
I cant wait until they come home to nz i will be making the 4 hr trip to auckland to see the first game, if i can get a ticket because i feel it will be a sellout.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Dont worry those "fans" will be back as soon as we lose a game, calling for the coachs head, talking about how rts is the most overrated player in the nrl and not a true leader and saying things like "its been 25 years and this club still has no heart, just get rid off them already im so sick of being a fan!"
For sure .Everyone seems much happier after a win against the odds.No one moaning about trains & MIQ slip ups & the Govt.& slow vaccines & covid in general .Guessing that will last until about Weds. ;)

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Are showing signs of game plan instead of just completing sets for the sake of it, Clune is a midget half so they ran at him constantly, forced him into 31 tackles – something they didn’t do at all against Walker a few weeks ago.

And they seem to handle these high completion – low stoppages games quite well despite all the big warriors forwards getting tired yada, yada, they don't really get tired, or no less tired than anyone else.

No one really does rotation in the NRL, but i wonder if there is benefit in not playing your backrowers 80 every week, if we have like 5 decent edge backrowers, 6 if you count Tohu then cycling them in and out so they can really rip in has some merit?

WLWLLW is a pretty familiar pattern though. Most likely to be WLWLLWLW after the storm and then the cowboys.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Hey snake77... You obviously missed the Manly game as well... one player Tommy Turbo = one big difference!
but I hope you are right
Yeah bad writing on my part if it was unclear. I missed the Manly vs Titans game as was out getting dinner then getting the kids down to bed. Had it recorded but don't have the time to catch up and watch it.

Was expecting it to be closer the way both sides have been going. Think I checked the NRL app early on and though well Manly are up then saw later and was pretty surprised.

If we stop losing players to injury it will be a good rematch in a few weeks.

Reactions: Raw Power

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013

Kodi had been told by Brown to run more. RTS said in the pregame that he has been given the message from Brown (I presume) that he needs to be looking to do more with the ball in proactive situations rather than busy work. Two different ways to lead from the front. A coach that has identified an area for improvement and passed the message on. If RTS can improve that side of his game he will go to the next level and be a big loss, but it is not a part of his game that he has been consistently strong in the last few years so discussion about it is valid on a 'fan' forum.

You think a coach sits back after a good win and pats everyone on the back and says 'you made it, the dawn has arisen? Nah, Bellamy, Sticky etc will always find weaknesses to improve on. I bet Kearney was a back slapper. "Woah, 200m Roger, you're this team's messiah!" We are a team that often wins after a loss, and then loses after a win. Urgency versus complacency.

I find your comments antagonistic and arrogant. If you don't like the way other people frame their arguments then move on. Calling anyone that doesn't immediately shower everyone and everything with praise at every moment "fans" is a dick move. Most of the guys (and girls) on this forum have been with the club through 25 years of ups and many downs and your incessant need to police this is annoying. The people on this forum are not bandwagon fans. It is true that the bipolar swings are pretty massive between some guys, but that is the fun of being in a place with a cross-section of people.

If we could just stick to discussion (constructive criticism included) without the veiled personal stuff it would be great. For example a lot of people are lamenting RTS's loss. He was phenomenal yesterday for sure. However, if Walsh is indeed a future star and we get him plus a very good half for RTS's money, does his loss become a positive transaction? I'm open to both sides of the argument.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Ahem.

First win in Townsville was 2002.

But whatever - certainly good to break the Kogarah drought...

I wonder what Miss Stormborn, First of Her Name, Breaker of Chains, ..., Micromanager Queen made of the Dragons yesterday?
I meant that was our first win at Kogarah since 2003 which was mentioned in the commentary.

A few years ago under Elliott we broke a long drought in Townsville I didn't list the year but a lot was made of it at the time. Elliott mentioned jokingly that the side seemed to have hoodoo or some record at each ground as it was brought up about another one for that weeks game.

We have won in Townsville since than and now have a good recent record against the Dragons. Hopefully we win there more often now.

Reactions: Worried2Death

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 10, 2013
Auckland
Hats off to Maumalo , exactly what I was talking about a couple weeks ago about needing more grunt in his hitups / returns
Just gotta show that same grunt his line defence in his corner, I think thats the second one he's failed to bundle over the sideline.

Far out Pompey, I think there is more to give from this boy who seems to be settling into his role with more game time.
Montoya showed glimpses last week we may have a couple of good ones in this pair.
A few surprising results just goes to show how open the early rounds have been apart from the obvious 2 or 3 teams.

Warriors could turn the points table on its head with a win over the high flying Storm
I know we've been in similar form before and come away with a hiding to nothing against the Storm but come on guys, turn back 2011!

Awesome win, f**k you red V (remembering that dragons supporters video aimed at the Warriors a few season ago)

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
For sure .Everyone seems much happier after a win against the odds.No one moaning about trains & MIQ slip ups & the Govt.& slow vaccines & covid in general .Guessing that will last until about Weds. ;)
Don’t let the Warriors roller coaster affect real life. The world is good! Sounds like the slow trains and slow vaccines are getting to you but our boys aren’t slow on the field this year 👍

Ohgeelowk

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 24, 2020
You would really drop Ken? I thought he had an awesome game apart from the tackle (especially in the second half) and we are seriously down on troops in the backline. Ken is miles better than the likes of Montoya. Who would you put in his place?
Probably a slight overreaction on my part. I don’t think there is anyone to replace him at the moment, and his hit ups coming out of our own 20 are great. But other than his hit ups he’s a limited winger, not great under the high ball, his effort defensively is poor also. Highlighted by his effort against Brett Morris and mika ravalawa. But should he dropped with our current stocks? Probably not

Reactions: Louim8

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Pompey looks skinny and doesn't really break out of second gear but is our best tackle buster - how does this work?

Why has Fusitua become so ineffective? Apart from the obvious one of not having trys on a platter he should still be more effective. Like jink or move or do something man. Ken this week was good because he ran hard but also had that little movement right before going into a defender - always beats a cu** when he does that.

Could Ken ever play in the forwards? I'm not a big League tactician that why I ask so sorry if it sounds stupid. He's not fast for a winger but very mobile and strong plus he wouldn't have to think too much on defence - just tackle. Imagine him running at tired forwards.

Is Turner capable of playing fullback? Reece Walsh into the halves next year? Kodi to solve our hooking ranks - wasn't he a beast in that position coming of the bench for the broncos?

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Kodi had been told by Brown to run more. RTS said in the pregame that he has been given the message from Brown (I presume) that he needs to be looking to do more with the ball in proactive situations rather than busy work. Two different ways to lead from the front. A coach that has identified an area for improvement and passed the message on. If RTS can improve that side of his game he will go to the next level and be a big loss, but it is not a part of his game that he has been consistently strong in the last few years so discussion about it is valid on a 'fan' forum.

You think a coach sits back after a good win and pats everyone on the back and says 'you made it, the dawn has arisen? Nah, Bellamy, Sticky etc will always find weaknesses to improve on. I bet Kearney was a back slapper. "Woah, 200m Roger, you're this team's messiah!" We are a team that often wins after a loss, and then loses after a win. Urgency versus complacency.

I find your comments antagonistic and arrogant. If you don't like the way other people frame their arguments then move on. Calling anyone that doesn't immediately shower everyone and everything with praise at every moment "fans" is a dick move. Most of the guys (and girls) on this forum have been with the club through 25 years of ups and many downs and your incessant need to police this is annoying. The people on this forum are not bandwagon fans. It is true that the bipolar swings are pretty massive between some guys, but that is the fun of being in a place with a cross-section of people.

If we could just stick to discussion (constructive criticism included) without the veiled personal stuff it would be great. For example a lot of people are lamenting RTS's loss. He was phenomenal yesterday for sure. However, if Walsh is indeed a future star and we get him plus a very good half for RTS's money, does his loss become a positive transaction? I'm open to both sides of the argument.
Fair enough, stop being anoying. Noted.

Edit : it erks me that people jump to huge conclusions after certain things happen, without taking into account variables like the way that different teams match up. I understand that people who join fan forums are the most passionate 'fans' and sometimes those feelings come out in different ways when the team they are supporting performs good or bad.

I like to remind people of what they say though and i hope that it makes them think about what they say more.

For instance i cant tell you how many times last season i heard on this forum how bad Jazz is and how Heatherington is so much better than him without taking into account the roles that both players were trying to fill. Fast foward a season and look at the 2 players now, 1 is getting even better than he was and approaching his form from his season he won the award as interchange of the year while the other is looking at another lengthy suspension yet i have not heard a peep from the people bayying for Jazzs head.

The same thing has been erking me about the RTS slander this season and it is ridiculous.

Also as a "fan" of this great club i can feel free to post my thoughts on whatever i feel like regarding the state of the team and players, there is a like or hate button to press if you feel inclined.

Last edited:

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
Pompey looks skinny and doesn't really break out of second gear but is our best tackle buster - how does this work?

Why has Fusitua become so ineffective? Apart from the obvious one of not having trys on a platter he should still be more effective. Like jink or move or do something man. Ken this week was good because he ran hard but also had that little movement right before going into a defender - always beats a cu** when he does that.

Could Ken ever play in the forwards? I'm not a big League tactician that why I ask so sorry if it sounds stupid. He's not fast for a winger but very mobile and strong plus he wouldn't have to think too much on defence - just tackle. Imagine him running at tired forwards.

Is Turner capable of playing fullback? Reece Walsh into the halves next year? Kodi to solve our hooking ranks - wasn't he a beast in that position coming of the bench for the broncos?
Pompey seems great at positioning i.e running between defenders instead of the barge over, as well as good footwork. His fend is coming along too.
I lamented our players lack of ability to beat their oppo 1v1 but Pompey consistently beat the first tackler on Sunday. Very promising signs

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth

Nothing is getting to me. Just enjoying the peace ✌
Sorry JN, been away. Back now and just watched the game. Will deal with your favourite threads later.

Great result and some standout performances principally Curran, Pompey and Tohu.

Whole side reeked attitude and took out an unbeaten side with good form. Backs looked less clunky this week and had some shape. Still work to do but the coach seems onto it. Enjoyed his presser with the discussion around the young players.

Also thought Turner did the right thing with his kick through the line on tackle 2. The move was on and if he hadn't been taken out, would have scored. Can't fault him for playing heads up.

Attachments

• 1618783959877.gif
    1618783959877.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 23

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Fair enough, stop being anoying. Noted.

Edit : it erks me that people jump to huge conclusions after certain things happen, without taking into account variables like the way that different teams match up. I understand that people who join fan forums are the most passionate 'fans' and sometimes those feelings come out in different ways when the team they are supporting performs good or bad.

I like to remind people of what they say though and i hope that it makes them think about what they say more.

For instance i cant tell you how many times last season i heard on this forum how bad Jazz is and how Heatherington is so much better than him without taking into account the roles that both players were trying to fill. Fast foward a season and look at the 2 players now, 1 is getting even better than he was and approaching his form from his season he won the award as interchange of the year while the other is looking at another lengthy suspension yet i have not heard a peep from the people bayying for Jazzs head.

The same thing has been erking me about the RTS slander this season and it is ridiculous.

Also as a "fan" of this great club i can feel free to post my thoughts on whatever i feel like regarding the state of the team and players, there is a like or hate button to press if you feel inclined.

Yep black or white views on things that are invariably grey can be annoying, but as long as people are supporting their argument without throwing stones at others then it is just discourse that adds life to the forum.

I haven't heard any RTS slander?

Jazz hasn't had much heat this year as he has played great football. He and the coaching staff can take credit for that. He is playing 50 mins, and not making silly errors under fatigue. He has heaps of energy, good footwork, great defence, a good offload and is not giving away stupid penalties. The last few games are a small sample size, but his game seems to be progressing like we hope to see from all of our players. This doesn't mean that some of the comments about his negatives last year didn't warrant discussion, and won't warrant discussion if they start creeping back. However, I think we can see the excellent role he can provide. To be fair most of us were already pointing out that he was a player that needed a forward platform and he has that this year. Getting shafted up front and having him on a midget bench only highlighted our issues. That is the grey - situation, game plan, player, team strengths and weaknesses, opposition etc.

I don't feel the need to hate on you as you have suggested, I'd just rather discuss the grey, rather than reacting to our differences.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga

Sorry JN, been away. Back now and just watched the game. Will deal with your favourite threads later.

Great result and some standout performances principally Curran, Pompey and Tohu.

Whole side reeked attitude and took out an unbeaten side with good form. Backs looked less clunky this week and had some shape. Still work to do but the coach seems onto it. Enjoyed his presser with the discussion around the young players.

Also thought Turner did the right thing with his kick through the line on tackle 2. The move was on and if he hadn't been taken out, would have scored. Can't fault him for playing heads up.

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings