Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
There is another way to look at the two in the tackle idea.

It is innovative, I like that the Warriors were thinking outside the box about adaptation to the new rules.

Lord knows they need innovative and flexible minds at the Warriors.

You cannot claim we need to slow the ptb down after we get absolutely reemed by the refs for slowing the ptb down, think about it, the logic is not compatible with reality.

What it shows, without a doubt, is that we get screwed by the Refs.

I have no issue however, if they go back to three man tackles, because the two man defence is too easy to bend the line it seems.

Swings and roundabouts.

The Warriors are dammed every time they try something legit....like the driving offensive defence under Cappy that we are not allowed to do....while teams like the Roosters do it to this day.

When we get a fair cop things like two man tackles show potential....in a way...it is a shame this idea will probably get shelved before they really thrashed out its teething problems and tested it to its full.

But I guess if we are going to get penalised with two anyway we might as well get penalised with thee.

Last edited:

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
There is another way to look at the two in the tackle idea.

It is innovative, I like that the Warriors were thinking outside the box about adaptation to the new rules.

Lord knows they need innovative and flexible minds at the Warriors.

You cannot claim we need to slow the ptb down after we get absolutely reemed by the refs for slowing the ptb down, think about it, the logic is not compatible with reality.

What it shows, without a doubt, is that we get screwed by the Refs.

I have no issue however, if they go back to three man tackles, because the two man defence is too easy to bend the line it seems.

Swings and roundabouts.

The Warriors are dammed every time they try something legit....like the driving offensive defence under Cappy that we are not allowed to do....while teams like the Roosters do it to this day.

When we get a fair cop things like two man tackles show potential....in a way...it is a shame this idea will probably get shelved before they really thrashed out its teething problems and tested it to its full.

But I guess if we are going to get penalised with two anyway we might as well get penalised with thee.
Illogical that we get reffed out of the contest on 6 agains for being to slow in the tackle, when the Roosters statistically slowed our slower play the ball more 🙄.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Illogical that we get reffed out of the contest on 6 agains for being to slow in the tackle, when the Roosters statistically slowed our slower play the ball more 🙄.
It depends who is winning the tackle though. They were very good at putting a guy like Chricton or Butcher into a half gap so that they would split the defence and be back on their feet straight away to play the ball, not allowing us to slow it down. It’s interesting that people are not impressed with Katoa this year because I feel he would have the most dominant tackles for us. He has been very good at hitting with aggression and controlling the attacking player.

Conversely when we were hitting the ball up we weren’t finding any space and only a guy like Tohu was able to use some late footwork to earn the right to get up quickly.

Barty

Warriors Bench Player
Sep 29, 2020
What I would like to see in the Manly game is better use of Ben Murdoch-Masila. The last two games we have played, he has come on around ten minutes before halftime. In both games we were playing awful and all we were doing was defending. We hardly had the ball at the time!! When the guy has had the ball in his hands he has been a handful for the opposition. We must use him better - especially with Addin Fonua-Blake out injured for a lengthy period. Surely his fitness is better and he can play more minutes. We are a far better team with him contributing.

JP_576

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
Just got a question, would all these 6 again calls previously been penalties (As i understand that's why the rule was brought out, to decrease stoppages etc) ? It feels like there are way more 6 again calls then there would ever be penalties and like a few posters mentioned with the speed of them and the game continuing straight away they receive much less scrutiny then an incorrect penalty would get.
Also was there a change in rules behind what warrants a 6 again call from the last couple years to this year. I do remember reading something about it but can't remember off the top of my head

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
North Shore
Redcliffe Dolphins are saying Bayley Sironen is playing for them this weekend. No warriors are in the official team list due to Covid.
Was he dropped? Or dolphins media mix up?

Screenshot_2021-04-08-17-23-51-62.jpg

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
North Shore
Gotta be a mix up, he’s out with a knee injury and hasn’t been named in the official team list with QRL.
No Warriors have been named due to the Covid issues. My take from the post is that Warriors players will be late inclusions. Berry would be one who would likely play.

Reactions: Sup42

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
No Warriors have been named due to the Covid issues. My take from the post is that Warriors players will be late inclusions. Berry would be one who would likely play.
Updated list

Berry, Frei, Vailea, Robertson-Robati, Kosi in the side

Reactions: Penpal and 6Again

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Updated list

Berry, Frei, Vailea, Robertson-Robati, Kosi in the side
Was just about to post that tonight is the most interesting scenario to see who the two players cut are but your post pretty much answers that question with Frei and Berry playing for Redcliffe

Reactions: eudebrito

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Redcliffe Dolphins are saying Bayley Sironen is playing for them this weekend. No warriors are in the official team list due to Covid.
Was he dropped? Or dolphins media mix up?

View attachment 44049

He has an injury.

When the first grade side was named it said in the notes that Sironen had been overlooked. This is changed now, but it seems they got it wrong in two places!

Reactions: bringmethehorizon

francis

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 19, 2020
didnt know where to post this..cant do my tips..souths my 1st pick because i cant get in to do my tips & storm for my knockout

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
What position? Are they doing this to make sure he is playing the position we want?
He is listed on the bench in jumper 17, so doesn’t appear to be a positional priority. Nate Roache again on the bench for them too so good to see him staying healthy

Reactions: BA-AD Luck

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
5.0 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 22 ratings