Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Brown reported it as a niggly injury (not serious) and he’s been heathy for over a month now regardless (played in the Titans trial), plenty of time to get match fitness back.

Revolving door? That’s just professional sports. If you’re not performing well enough, you get dropped. Injury or no injury.

Tbh i don’t really give a fuck if he’s an international or newly signed player. How many times have we seen a newly signed player drop form after they’ve just collected a cheque.

I agree that Evans deserves his chance, but not if he’s putting together performances like his last one for the Dolphins. He needs to show some form first.

I would be interested to know Minutes played by Evans in that trial, how many carries, how often the Dolphins were in possession while Evans was on the field.

Otherwise getting upset by 55 meters is meaningless.

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Like the sound of that with how Fusitua keeps coming infield.
Fusitua has always had a tendency to come in defensively, this season is definitely the worst case of it. Having Hiku and Niko inside him exacerbates this issue.

In attack if he could stop running directly at defenders that would be great also, has been an issue with him for some time now.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I would be interested to know Minutes played by Evans in that trial, how many carries, how often the Dolphins were in possession while Evans was on the field.

Agreed.

Bunty only ran for 53 metres against the Raiders but generally agreed he had a good game.

Peeps really need to look at things in context.

Big Bunty fan btw.

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
I'm not confident that we will win this one
I'm hoping we will and I'm enjoying the new forward pack and the signs of an upswing in the club but we are playing a consistent top 4 side with all the experience and expectation that they will win that comes with that. The Roosters have a system that works and they can fill gaps with quality replacements. Keary is a big loss but they will have a plan and I'm guessing that the rest of the team will go that bit harder to show that the team is more than one star player. Good teams don't drop their lip.
We came so close to losing against 14 men last week. We got the win but it took some luck and a last minute miracle save to get it
We are building and I can see us being confident of winning these games in time to come but not yet
Please prove me wrong on Sunday guys

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Agreed.

Bunty only ran for 53 metres against the Raiders but generally agreed he had a good game.

Peeps really need to look at things in context.

Big Bunty fan btw.

I really love Bunty

Huge fan and just love the energy he brings on the field.

I remember watching him with my kids a few years back at MSS. When Bunty came on I was telling them, " watch Bunty! watch Bunty!" and he didnt disappoint with his crash style hit ups.... so good.... literally the highlight of the night given it was cold miserable and we were losing big time to the Storm...

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I really love Bunty

Huge fan and just love the energy he brings on the field.

I remember watching him with my kids a few years back at MSS. When Bunty came on I was telling them, " watch Bunty! watch Bunty!" and he didnt disappoint with his crash style hit ups.... so good.... literally the highlight of the night given it was cold miserable and we were losing big time to the Storm...
Yeah never really understood this supposed "slump" in form last year.

To me Bunty was playing as he always had.

Every run like he's coming off the back fence and general urgency in evrything he did. Ah well, just glad to have him back and firing.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Yeah the context is
7 runs for Evans vs 4 runs for Bunty
Reserve grade vs First grade
Look u may be right and Kane played shit.....i dunno havent watched it.

For mine tho i cant pass judgement based on 1 stat without getting a picture of the whole.

I mean on the surface just 4 runs in a whole match doesnt sound that impressive does it.....but we know Bunty pulled his weight.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014

Particularly considering Bunty is only averaging 61 metres this season. Fusitua on the other hand is averaging 150 metres and no one wants him at the club.

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
Yeah just going off the stats and highlight reels from QLD cup and being named more often in the 22, I think Ale gets a shot before Evans.

I get that he had injury niggles and missed preseason time, but 50 odd meters in reserve grade is pretty embarrasing for an established first grade prop.

For context, our 18 year old junior Lingi Kepu (prop for our SG ball team last year) ran for double those meters on the weekend for the Dolphins in QLD cup.

Bunty has well and truly moved past him. I hope that Evans can get some match fitness and put together some good form for the Dolphins, because we need some competition for jerseys.
I’d have Ale ahead of Jamayne Tounua-Brown as well

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Particularly considering Bunty is only averaging 61 metres this season. Fusitua on the other hand is averaging 150 metres and no one wants him at the club.
He's signed as a prop wing, might be time to move him to the forwards, he'll have to work on his speed to keep up with Bunty and the boys but bomb to the front row and Kenny will out-jump them every time.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Roosters will try to get it wide to the twin centers as fast as possible, they could destroy us if our D isn't totally synched out wide.

I expect us to keep it very tight up the middle and grind out a bullying win up front, we're a chance against the rookie halves, Kodi has the edge there.

Could be a memorable win if we can pull it off, and a huge shot of confidence.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Roosters will try to get it wide to the twin centers as fast as possible, they could destroy us if our D isn't totally synched out wide.

I expect us to keep it very tight up the middle and grind out a bullying win up front, we're a chance against the rookie halves, Kodi has the edge there.

Could be a memorable win if we can pull it off, and a huge shot of confidence.

Their right edge played very poorly last week with 3 Rabbitohs tries coming down that flank.

IMO the game will be won or lost on the edges. I'm guessing Manu will defend inside his usual partner Brett Morris and Sam Walker will be hidden out on the other edge just inside Josh Morris. I'd be playing early ball to both to test them out and wear them down. I'm talking 3rd play in our first set if we get the ball first. Send the big fellas down there playing short ball inside then spread to our edge. When they over compensate their edges we take the big boys back through the middle with a support cast.

Ikuvalo one and only job will be to stay on his wing. All game.

Same way we can exploit their rookies we have Montoya and Pompey out there with their respective wingers still coming to grips with Justin Morgans new defensive strategy. That rush tactic has fallen to bits and left players in no mans land more often than its paid off.

Roosters still a lot of strike across the park. Their forwards wont want to back down to our pack and won't. What they lack in size they will make up for in fitness. The Morris brothers and Teddy will keep our boys on their toes.

Their weakness is that right edge and rookies. That has to be exploited fully...

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Their right edge played very poorly last week with 3 Rabbitohs tries coming down that flank.

IMO the game will be won or lost on the edges. I'm guessing Manu will defend inside his usual partner Brett Morris and Sam Walker will be hidden out on the other edge just inside Josh Morris. I'd be playing early ball to both to test them out and wear them down. I'm talking 3rd play in our first set if we get the ball first. Send the big fellas down there playing short ball inside then spread to our edge. When they over compensate their edges we take the big boys back through the middle with a support cast.

Ikuvalo one and only job will be to stay on his wing. All game.

Same way we can exploit their rookies we have Montoya and Pompey out there with their respective wingers still coming to grips with Justin Morgans new defensive strategy. That rush tactic has fallen to bits and left players in no mans land more often than its paid off.

Roosters still a lot of strike across the park. Their forwards wont want to back down to our pack and won't. What they lack in size they will make up for in fitness. The Morris brothers and Teddy will keep our boys on their toes.

Their weakness is that right edge and rookies. That has to be exploited fully...
Might be a good ploy to get Ben Murdoch-Masila on early and have him running wide

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium

Last Game

18 Jul

16 - 30
6.4 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings