Team List NRL 2021 Round 4 - Roosters vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely loving how the entire population of Australia is claiming Walker is the new messiah.

The Roosters love him 'cos he stood up in front of the team and told them "This is how we are going to play...".

I admire that. He is the halfback and needs to take control of the team so I can see the validity of it all. However the German military had a phrase something along the lines of "No plan survives contact with the enemy." I imagine a bit part of our game plan will be testing out their new halves and hooker combo.

Either way, we are flying under the radar and they are expecting miracles.

I cannot wait.

I am absolutely loving how the entire population of Australia is claiming Walker is the new messiah.

The Roosters love him 'cos he stood up in front of the team and told them "This is how we are going to play...".

I admire that. He is the halfback and needs to take control of the team so I can see the validity of it all. However the German military had a phrase something along the lines of "No plan survives contact with the enemy." I imagine a bit part of our game plan will be testing out their new halves and hooker combo.

I cannot wait.
The Allies had a phrase, "Let's see how the plan goes with Addin Fonua-Blake and Ben Murdoch-Masila stampeding over the top of you." Can't wait for this one.

I cannot wait.
Yea we need to over target him early and just knock any confidence he has coming in to the game

I cannot wait.

To carry on the military theme 'I have a cunning plan, so cunning you can pin a tail on it and call it a weasel'.

I have to say that I have been sucked down the Rabbit hole.

Following team reports, watching non Warriors NRL games, missing the NRL from Monday. Anxious to see our team play on the weekend.

Crazy, after safely disengaging and only watching the weekly game, to being as keen as years ago.....

Most of the excitement is to do with seeing how ex Hooker Nathan Brown understands how to use a bench when you have a monster pack.

Ben Murdoch-Masila is gradually getting more minutes as he catches up, he got stuck in England due to covid, he seems to be getting fit rappidly.

Big Ben did say that the fittest players at the Warriors are in the forwards....he is pretty happy about that, he also mentioned that the forwards are acutely self aware that they have size and mobility and they are keen to use it.

What a difference a year makes.

Bunty playing so well that he is holding Kane Evans out of a game day spot.....who would have seen that coming....

Good times....

Saw enough last week to know that if we get Sully to pick off repeat sets that this pack will roll through anyone....and to think they are only going to get fitter.

Can't read it as it is a premium article but there's an article on the Herald that the reason Ken is been off is he's playing through a sternum injury.
Saw it mentioned in an Aus article. He has had to wear extra padding but said it is slowly improving. Could well be tbe reason for his bit ups not being as powerful

Reactions: HoRneT041
Is he though?? or is Evans coming back from injury - those team reports can be confusing lol.
Yeah bro, an assumption on my part, I thought Evans had a Dolphins run the other day?

He is an international and a regular first grader, if re introduction is through reggies I am cool with that, I guess I am used to ranked guys getting rebooted in the NRL directly.

Reactions: 6Again
Yeah bro, an assumption on my part, I thought Evans had a Dolphins run the other day?

He is an international and a regular first grader, if re introduction is through reggies I am cool with that, I guess I am used to ranked guys getting rebooted in the NRL directly.
Yep, understandable. Warriors players got called back after a mini outbreak here in Queensland so none of them played against the Devils on the weekend unfortunately.

Reactions: john nick and Sup42

Not only Evans, you also have Murchie, Ale, Curren and Frei pushing for a spot as well. Good problem to have in such an attritional comp. I am more worried about backline spots.

Daniel Anderson is the only coach that managed to get the balance right IMO

I always liked how he talked about "earning the right to throw the ball around." That right isn't earned when you're cleaning up a grubber into the in-goal. It is when you've made 20-30 metres in two tackles and the opposition are back-peddling. Taking it too far in either direction - offloads being either compulsory or banned as the ultimate extremes at either end of the spectrum -
obviously doesn't work.

As to Fonzie's point about "know where you are in the set." If I'm coach and you die with the ball because you didn't know it was the 6th tackle rather than because that's the plan to kill time wherever the set ends, that's an automatic $200 fine for you and a LOUD SUGGESTION YOU GET YOUR EFFING HEARING CHECKED! The ref's bloody doing your job for you by yelling out the tackle number.

interesting. I would say very few of our league players know how to genuinely tackle properly.

tackling is a technical art. It has many facets. if you can master it properly, David is more than capable of stopping Goliath dead in his tracks.

Would a New Zealand trained player have been able to do to Todd Byrne what Scott Sattler was able to do him in the 2003 GF because he'd been trained properly? Obviously, there was a fair bit of luck in that tackle, but can you imagine a New Zealand trained player knowing not to dive early, when there's no chance in hell of stopping Byrne, but it looks good. Instead, virtually plotting the point where he's going to be close enough to grab Byrne and just running that line...

Reactions: Inruin
Status
Not open for further replies.