Team List NRL 2021 Round 4 - Roosters vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Sydney Roosters vs Warriors, 6.15pm at Sydney Cricket Ground

Roosters team: 1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Isaac Liu 9. Freddy Lussick 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley 14. Matt Ikuvalu 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Nat Butcher 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Nat Butcher 19. Benjamin Marsce 20. Joseph Suaalii 21. Tukupa Hau Tapuha

Players cut:

Early Mail: The Roosters are set for an overhaul of their spine, according to The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield. Coach Trent Robinson is expected to start Drew Hutchison at hooker, pushing Freddy Lussick back to the bench. Joey Manu will make the move from the centres to five-eighth — like he did when halves Luke Keary and Lachie Lam went off injured last week. Versatile back Brett Morris will shift to the centres with Matt Ikuvalu coming onto the wing in jersey No.14. Despite teen sensation Joseph Suaalii being named in the reserves, he won’t be making his NRL debut this week.

Warriors team: 1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. David Fusitua 3. Adam Pompey 4. Marcelo Montoya 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Sean O’Sullivan 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Bunty Afoa 11. Eliesa Katoa 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Tohu Harris 14. Jazz Tevaga 15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 16. Leeson Ah Mau 17. Jack Murchie 18. Tom Ale 20. Paul Turner 21. Kane Evans

HoRneT041

HoRneT041

I guess the chooks must read these forums aye? moving Joey Manu to 5/8, I’m guessing so we don’t run at the new guy all day.. boo 🤬

Reactions: Worried2Death
wizards rage

wizards rage

Roosters team: 1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Isaac Liu 9. Freddy Lussick 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley 14. Matt Ikuvalu 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Nat Butcher 17. Fletcher Baker
Is this the first time in years that the Roosters game day side are under the cap???

Warriors 13+

john nick

john nick

Is this the first time in years that the Roosters game day side are under the cap???

Warriors 13+
I see the Rorters have been lucky enough to get dispensation to play the underage Suaalli. Wonder if it was the Warriors who wanted this would they be granted a few hours before squads had to be finalized

Last edited:
Orifice

Orifice

Nowhere near that level ?

Coming back from 20pts down and playing helter skelter high risk high return football suggests that’s actually what we do best.

SK tried the low risk % game and dam well near killed this club and myself
Well I'm glad to see you have recovered well. I think we must throw everything at walker, he will be nervous so keep sending the big boys down there, think we are legit this week.

Tonbridge (Swanley)

Tonbridge (Swanley)

There’s a middle ground - know where you are on the field, know where you are in the set, know whether the halves are building the set to a plan that would be messed up by an offload. Know tactically whether it’s the right time. If it is, then rely on instinct as to whether it’s ‘on’
A lot of y'knows...is that you SK?

but agree, sometimes you should know how to play rugby league and not just be an athlete.....that's another one of our issues...

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Contributor
There’s a middle ground - know where you are on the field, know where you are in the set, know whether the halves are building the set to a plan that would be messed up by an offload. Know tactically whether it’s the right time. If it is, then rely on instinct as to whether it’s ‘on’
I think in many previous years we haven't had the cattle who had the smarts and could make those decisions in the right place and at the right time. No amount of coaching could fix that.

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Spent many years in Australia involved in football. Here in NZ we teach young guys how to tackle around the legs yet over there they're expected to hit under the ribs

interesting. I would say very few of our league players know how to genuinely tackle properly.

tackling is a technical art. It has many facets. if you can master it properly, David is more than capable of stopping Goliath dead in his tracks.

john nick

john nick

interesting. I would say very few of our league players know how to genuinely tackle properly.

tackling is a technical art. It has many facets. if you can master it properly, David is more than capable of stopping Goliath dead in his tracks.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

That's the Warriors worked out then, we've been tackling too low the whole time, Daniel tried to tell us but we wouldn't listen, we were too stuck in the old religion. He was like Moses when you look back at it, according to him anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: HoRneT041
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Yup way to many rugby kids, how many players in our 30 from New Zealand had grown up playing league?
Pretty much all our development players were playing league as juniors. Problem is once they get to college age they get full scholarships to 1A schools that they would be fools to decline and the school Rugby system is so far ahead of the League system that the Warriors actually encourage players to join it.

I know most our current development players still played league but not until after their 1st XV games. Its the main reason why most U17 games are played in the afternoon...

sydneywarrior92

Happy the teen sensation apparently isn't playing. On balance we should win this but we all know this is the sort of game we often end up losing. Nervous but if we have really turned a corner as a club we'll do the job on Sunday. Hope the boys bring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.