Post Match NRL 2021 - Round 4 - Roosters vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Didn’t hear it myself but this strategy of only committing 2 players to the tackle is just bizarre. No control of the ruck, no control over the speed of the game. What I saw was too many Roosters standing in the tackle and dishing the ball off - net result, our legs go as time compounds the issue.

Yeap, they got the offload or got to the ground quicker and played the ball quicker too.

3 in to slow everything down makes sense, but you now have that trigger happy ref just waiting to call 6Again..... :)

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Funnily enough, I’d actually like Kearney to come back as a defensive coach.

Unfortunately that’s out of the question because the ego tripping owner called him out for being too boring.

And how crazy is it that we threw a long-term chequebook at Fusitua and Maumalo? Madness
Both were resigned to 4 year contract extensions under Kearney. In Fusitua's case, his contract was not even due for nearly 2 years, but they gave him a new 4 year contract extension ontop and with a higher contract value making him one of the highest paid wingers in the game.

If Kearney was still coach we would continue to be paying overs for average local players because thats all we would be able to get.

How was the owner ego tripping? This club has only gone forward since cutting the ties of isaac moses and his puppet.

People have very unrealistic opinions of this team, could see it all of offseason with fans saying 'this could be our year'. Please. We are far from it. Lets start making the top 8 consistently before even thinking we are actual challengers for the title.

Interested to see how they revamp the backline. Wouldnt be upset if we see a totally new 1-7 next year. Roger leaving, and none of the others are 'must haves'.

Last edited:

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Yeap, they got the offload or got to the ground quicker and played the ball quicker too.

3 in to slow everything down makes sense, but you now have that trigger happy ref just waiting to call 6Again..... :)
Yeah, up against it with Cummins weren’t we. Calls more 6 agains than any ref in the comp.

We were milking though, Roosters basically perfect 😂

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
To be fair though this Forum is insanely bipolar when it comes to wins and losses. Sometimes I wonder if it is a different group or people who post depending on the result. I struggle to believe the same person can have such different views in a week
I've been consistent on my stance this season and have avoided praising them. There were some parts to like about the Titans win, but I haven't seen anything this season that tells me we're close to being a top 8 team. Even in the Raiders win, I thought we were pretty bad overall and got extremely lucky i.e. them losing 3 players early, few lucky calls and RTS turning in arguably best performance of his career.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Both were resigned to 4 year contract extensions under Kearney. In Fusitua's case, his contract was not even due for nearly 2 years, but they gave him a new 4 year contract extension ontop and with a higher contract value making him one of the highest paid wingers in the game.

If Kearney was still coach we would continue to be paying overs for average local players because thats all we would be able to get.

How was the owner ego tripping? This club has only gone forward since cutting the ties of isaac moses and his puppet.

People have very unrealistic opinions of this team, could see it all of offseason with fans saying 'this could be our year'. Please. We are far from it. Lets start making the top 8 consistently before even thinking we are actual challengers for the title.

Interested to see how they revamp the backline. Wouldnt be upset if we see a totally new 1-7 next year. Roger leaving, and none of the others are 'must haves'.
I'm all for a new 1-7. I personally think CHT is worth persevering with however, he's still on a rookie contract so will be good value for money next year imo.

As hard as it will be i think we need to go a different direction with Nikorima. Good player but I just can't see us being successful with him there. Fusitua and Maumalo need to be gone.

Looking at the off contract list, I'm not sure that theres anyone there that would make a massive difference. Or if there are any realistic early release targets.

I think they are banking on internal development with:
1. Walsh 2. Ratuva 3. Berry 4. Aitken/Pompey 5. Vailea 6. Turner 7. CHT
But realistically we need to make a big signing.

Last edited:

Flaco

Warriors Bench Player
Jan 7, 2020
A general question (although it became infuriating during this game): when the ref calls Six again, do the players at least know what it was for? This viewer sure doesn't. And Fox does not put the reason for the call on the screen. Unless the referee says what for, no one is the wiser: not the players, not the coaches, not the fans. Worse, it can lead to conspiracy theories that the ref is doing it for illegitimate reasons.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
No secret that I'm all for a complete revamp of our 1-7. All depends on who is available, who we can get and which of our juniors develop.

I have no doubt we're aware of these issues at the club. Just a question of how soon we can fix it.

There's some talent off contract but would consider a lot of them either too expensive or unrealistic.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
A general question (although it became infuriating during this game): when the ref calls Six again, do the players at least know what it was for? This viewer sure doesn't. And Fox does not put the reason for the call on the screen. Unless the referee says what for, no one is the wiser: not the players, not the coaches, not the fans. Worse, it can lead to conspiracy theories that the ref is doing it for illegitimate reasons.

I usually hear the ref call out the player or infringement. It can be hard to pick up sometimes though.

Reactions: BeastMode

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I definitely hear the ref say markers not square or offside after it. I think many llayers wouldn't hear it though and viewers don't hear the ref 100% of the time either.
One thing it does is it forces us to move on quickly and therefore less criticism of the actual call.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
I guess it's fortunate we're at a stage in the game where contracts can be pretty meaningless.

The messaging out of the club is that we have a talented crop of junior outside backs. Have been hearing this from Brown since he first came in as coach.

When he decides to pull the trigger will be interesting.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I guess it's fortunate we're at a stage in the game where contracts can be pretty meaningless.

The messaging out of the club is that we have a talented crop of junior outside backs. Have been hearing this from Brown since he first came in as coach.

Yea it definitely feels like one will get pushed out and surely it has to be Fusitua. Ken is better than him in almost every way. Is Fusitua even faster these days?

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013

Any names in particular?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
After watching the replay it was really anyones game with 30mins to go. We spent 5mins down on their line, set after set taking hitups off the ruck. That just doesn't get it done against a well drilled quality defensive side like the Roosters. They flipped the switch, went 100m and scored.
That was really the straw that broke the camels back, and we unraveled from there.

Our middles are doing a lot of good work and keeping us in games. Our spine and outside backs are really letting their middles down.

Oh well on to next week, hopefully a more complete performance against Manly.
Brave man having a re look...

But that is the game I saw...none of this bullshit about being crap, we were well in it till the lack of ball caught up with us.

I know people do not like to blame the Reffs....however the six again is entirely subjective, the Roosters look fast because they are being aided by the Ref to get fast ptbs.

The Warriors on the other hand were being slowed in the ptb, hands on the player when they got up to play it....entirely subjective....you are talking a two second decision between Cummins deciding it is two seconds too long....or the Warriors can cop an extra two five seconds.

Total bullshit.

We looked great till we ran out of gas....then we were awful...like any team out of juice...like Canberra last week...no gas no chance.

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9
    Peta Hiku

Compiled from 18 ratings