Post Match NRL 2021 - Round 4 - Roosters vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Brave man having a re look...

But that is the game I saw...none of this bullshit about being crap, we were well in it till the lack of ball caught up with us.

I know people do not like to blame the Reffs....however the six again is entirely subjective, the Roosters look fast because they are being aided by the Ref to get fast ptbs.

The Warriors on the other hand were being slowed in the ptb, hands on the player when they got up to play it....entirely subjective....you are talking a two second decision between Cummins deciding it is two seconds too long....or the Warriors can cop an extra two five seconds.

Total bullshit.

We looked great till we ran out of gas....then we were awful...like any team out of juice...like Canberra last week...no gas no chance.
Whenever possible I watch the replay win or lose, because my live takes and shortly after are usually far too emotional to be rational.

Always good to watch the game with a clear head the next day.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
A comment on RTS.

2019 - 72% tackles made
2020 - 77% tackles made
2021 - 38% (5 from 13) and 0/3 on the weekend

Yes he puts 100% effort in; yes he had a great second half last week against the Raiders; but the errors and poor defence seems to indicate to me his heads not in it, even though his heart is.

With the Broncos releasing Reece Walsh over the weekend, it will be interesting how this plays out...

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019

But that is the game I saw...none of this bullshit about being crap, we were well in it till the lack of ball caught up with us.

I know people do not like to blame the Reffs....however the six again is entirely subjective, the Roosters look fast because they are being aided by the Ref to get fast ptbs.

The Warriors on the other hand were being slowed in the ptb, hands on the player when they got up to play it....entirely subjective....you are talking a two second decision between Cummins deciding it is two seconds too long....or the Warriors can cop an extra two five seconds.

Total bullshit.

We looked great till we ran out of gas....then we were awful...like any team out of juice...like Canberra last week...no gas no chance.
Man I must ban myself from the forum when we lose, you guys are totally right but the frustration of us falling away from the contest is infuriating. We just are not organized enough in the redzone to get it done, and we are looking too one dimensional.

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017

Total bullshit.

Agree with the 6 again call & slowing the ball down . From memory our first 6 again was at 50 mins (after they had racked up 5). I also thought we didn’t play too bad either. 2 of their tries were defence brain farts & the other a miscommunication with a straight through run. Niko & big Ken get over the line & we could be talking about a different result (I know that’s not saying much)

for me the bigger problem is the Fusitua, the guy doesn’t want to be there! He’s got more skill then Kenny but seems to be coasting & his defence is shocking. I’d be keen so see if brownie mixes it up this week but I’m not expecting anything!

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
A comment on RTS.

2019 - 72% tackles made
2020 - 77% tackles made
2021 - 38% (5 from 13) and 0/3 on the weekend

Yes he puts 100% effort in; yes he had a great second half last week against the Raiders; but the errors and poor defence seems to indicate to me his heads not in it, even though his heart is.

With the Broncos releasing Reece Walsh over the weekend, it will be interesting how this plays out...
I’ve been quite vocal on RTS for some time and nothing I’m seeing this season is changing my mind. He’s an average fullback at best and light years away from the Teddy’s, Pappy’s etc. Not sure whether Walsh is ready to play fullback, probably not, however I’d happily throw RTS onto the wing if there was a better option. Looking forward to the day he isn’t taking north of $1m of our cap.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I’ve been quite vocal on RTS for some time and nothing I’m seeing this season is changing my mind. He’s an average fullback at best and light years away from the Teddy’s, Pappy’s etc. Not sure whether Walsh is ready to play fullback, probably not, however I’d happily throw RTS onto the wing if there was a better option. Looking forward to the day he isn’t taking north of $1m of our cap.

Lol, literally won them they game on his own last week, one week later wants him gone.

You must really desire the taste of wooden spoons – as that is what this warriors side would have been competing for the last couple of years without him.

Not a perfect player, but who is.

Throw literally anyone into that warriors backline (starting 3 players no one else wanted, 2 who are underperforming and 1 nikorima) and see how they get on. We don’t have any backs even as good as Justin Olam who was setting up tries for little papi, why do you think RTS spends so much time next to the ruck, the hooker won’t get the ball any wider and the only players likely to break a tackle are all in the forwards.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Lol, literally won them they game on his own last week, one week later wants him gone.

You must really desire the taste of wooden spoons – as that is what this warriors side would have been competing for the last couple of years without him.

Not a perfect player, but who is.

Throw literally anyone into that warriors backline (starting 3 players no one else wanted, 2 who are underperforming and 1 nikorima) and see how they get on. We don’t have any backs even as good as Justin Olam who was setting up tries for little papi, why do you think RTS spends so much time next to the ruck, the hooker won’t get the ball any wider and the only players likely to break a tackle are all in the forwards.
He’s had one good game in how long? And required a severely depleted Raiders side to do it. I’m over him and have been for a long time. He did fuck all last year and this whole ‘carrying the Warriors’ shit that some spout is a myth.

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
We had our chances, if Nikorima scores from the RTS break early on I think we are a good chance but when they kept repelling us our confidence dropped I reckon.
Just on that RTS break and pass to Nikorima... After Kodi receives the ball in space, RTS is pointing at him to run straight for the hole which he does and in turn gets himself run down by Morris... I thought Kodi was about to sum up the defence that was scrambling and was about to use his footwork to step and weave through the opposition towards the try line...

Any thoughts on this, is RTS trying to micro manage our younger guys too much and not trust their natural instincts?
A small thing... but it was something that did jump to mind when watching live.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
He’s had one good game in how long? And required a severely depleted Raiders side to do it. I’m over him and have been for a long time. He did fuck all last year and this whole ‘carrying the Warriors’ shit that some spout is a myth.
Nobody “carries” a team week to week anymore, that stuff retired with Thurston, if not earlier, its too fast and too physical you need 15 or so players able to carry their own weight, we have about half that at the moment.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Nobody “carries” a team week to week anymore, that stuff retired with Thurston, if not earlier, its too fast and too physical you need 15 or so players able to carry their own weight, we have about half that at the moment.
Yeah I agree with that. To rephrase it - I don’t think he comes even close to delivering what is required week to week to justify his salary. I’m genuinely happy to see him go.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Only thing I don't like about sheck is his pay packet, he's not a million dollar fullback but I totally can see why a the warriors payed him such, so I disagree with some on here and say I'm happy he's here, but hope the warriors in the future be more careful about who they pay 1 mill plus a season.
I’ve got a foot in both camps, very hard to justify a Salary $1.2-1.3 million for a player with the slightest limitation in his game. The moment’s in his play that seem to ignite the media hyperbole and generate glowing praise I see as Roger doing his job and earning his pay, those things while impressive are what he’s paid to deliver.

The other side is his leadership on and off the park and the example he provides to his teammates which is harder to quantify.

Comes back to what you place value on, on balance I’d sooner pay that money to a complete elite level fullback and place the captaincy on someone like Tohu but understand many won’t agree with that.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Just on that RTS break and pass to Nikorima... After Kodi receives the ball in space, RTS is pointing at him to run straight for the hole which he does and in turn gets himself run down by Morris... I thought Kodi was about to sum up the defence that was scrambling and was about to use his footwork to step and weave through the opposition towards the try line...

Any thoughts on this, is RTS trying to micro manage our younger guys too much and not trust their natural instincts?
A small thing... but it was something that did jump to mind when watching live.
Thought the point could've been for a kick.
Even if it was just run straight i don't think we expected the ball to get caught up in the ground and come loose.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I’ve got a foot in both camps, very hard to justify a Salary $1.2-1.3 million for a player with the slightest limitation in his game. The moment’s in his play that seem to ignite the media hyperbole and generate glowing praise I see as Roger doing his job and earning his pay, those things while impressive are what he’s paid to deliver.

The other side is his leadership on and off the park and the example he provides to his teammates which is harder to quantify.

Comes back to what you place value on, on balance I’d sooner pay that money to a complete elite level fullback and place the captaincy on someone like Tohu but understand many won’t agree with that.
Can't argue with that, I think sheck deliver's off the field in his preparation, as for his leadership he's okay, not sure if he wasnthe right choice to lead but understand was there really anyone else that could do the job?

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Thought the point could've been for a kick.
Even if it was just run straight i don't think we expected the ball to get caught up in the ground and come loose.
My point being with a player with the attacking prowess of Kodi, does he really need to be told which direction to run or if so, where to kick?
Rodge may have been trying to help but to me it looked like a distraction/hesitation he didn't need at the time in the heat of the moment.

Last edited:

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Yeap, they got the offload or got to the ground quicker and played the ball quicker too.

3 in to slow everything down makes sense, but you now have that trigger happy ref just waiting to call 6Again..... :)

Almost every play they were standing up with hands still on the ball after the held call too. No coincidence our best run of form in recent times was the start of 2018 when they were cracking down on this sort of thing. If our players did it though it'd be "6 again, hands on ball!"

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
My point being with a player with the attacking prowess of Kodi, does he really need to be told which direction to run or if so, where to kick?
Rodge may have been trying to help but to me it looked like a distraction/hesitation he didn't need at the time in the heat of the moment.
Kodi looked like he was in 2 minds... i could tell he was thinking of a step or cut back inside to the corner...

RTS was telling him to just pin his ears back and go for the line.. I was thinking the same actually... he might have made it too if there wasnt the hesitation.... who knows... just unlucky he lost the dam ball!

I'm all for RTS giving feedback and talking . .he's our captain and should be doing more of that during the game...

JBmurc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2013
Central Otago
Fusitua- surely for the amount of money he is on there is either a better winger or a winger who can do the same for less cash.
Egan- really not living up to the hype.
maumolo- heading down the same track as fusitua

Fusitua was great two seasons ago but since then he has dropped his game to NSW cup levels ... Ken was good last season but same again what is it with these WAR players they put in a solid season we all hope they continue to build their game but instead they drop it back to "Its all good bro we on contract easy money"

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9
    Peta Hiku

Compiled from 19 ratings