Team List NRL 2021 Round 3 - Raiders vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yowieman

Hopefully more of a plan to scoring points than putting up bombs and hoping the other team makes a mistake.

Reactions: Penpal

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I think he plays straight and direct, do you agree?
Certainly looks like it. He looks average in terms of pace for half rather than below average, without knowing the timing of his injuries and the long term prognoisis perhaps he will at least run at those speeds, which is enough when you have a half with wheels like Kodi.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Certainly looks like it. He looks average in terms of pace for half rather than below average, without knowing the timing of his injuries and the long term prognoisis perhaps he will at least run at those speeds, which is enough when you have a half with wheels like Kodi.

In a Half I am willing to lose out on top end speed, as long as his anticipation and acceleration are good. His passing seems OK and we know he has a boot. As long as he holds together.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
In a Half I am willing to lose out on top end speed, as long as his anticipation and acceleration are good. His passing seems OK and we know he has a boot. As long as he holds together.
Speed is ALMOST irrelevant for an organising half.

Kick accuracy/ depth, organising plays, setting up set plays, passing at the line, etc all rely on timing and brains. You want the players with speed and/or size running off them.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013

Kick accuracy/ depth, organising plays, setting up set plays, passing at the line, etc all rely on timing and brains. You want the players with speed and/or size running off them.

I have always agreed with this to a point.

However, Green struggled to get into position to defend, and really stunted our flow with his snail pace last year, which now has me in two minds. If SOS plays fairly direct he'll be alright. I thought Green's best games last year were when he played tight, kept his passes close to the ruck and ran with the ball instead of treading water and then floating the ball out in slow motion play after play. This of course, would suit Brown's current game plan. The Raiders are pretty bruising though.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020

However, Green struggled to get into position to defend, and really stunted our flow with his snail pace last year, which now has me in two minds. If SOS plays fairly direct he'll be alright. I thought Green's best games last year were when he played tight, kept his passes close to the ruck and ran with the ball instead of treading water and then floating the ball out in slow motion play after play. This of course, would suit Brown's current game plan. The Raiders are pretty bruising though.
He’s only 22, really hope he proves quicker than old man Green.

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton

My only issue with this is if a half is a dangerous running player they can put the defence in two minds and then play the ball. Players like Green may be able to play the ball well but they tend to be very predictable. It’s what made that right edge of Johnson, Harris, Hiku and Fusitua. The defence couldn’t take an eye off any of them and it led a lot of tries.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

Greens reactions were shot, his decision making was slow, his kicking was no longer sharp.

There was more than just being a slow runner.

Reactions: Akkerz and Fonzie

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
My only issue with this is if a half is a dangerous running player they can put the defence in two minds and then play the ball. Players like Green may be able to play the ball well but they tend to be very predictable. It’s what made that right edge of Johnson, Harris, Hiku and Fusitua. The defence couldn’t take an eye off any of them and it led a lot of tries.
Ideally you want a half (SOS) running up with an inside option an outside option and a third option from a cutout pass. If you have them moving as a group, that’s 4 people that the defence has to predict.

Speed definitely helps but get players in motion, passing late at the line, players running good lines off the ball, etc then you get a lethal attack. Short balls, long balls, players wrapping, fullback coming into the line, etc. You need a smart game managing half to build an attacking structure around.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
In the theme of pumping the tyres up on young SOS I'll add my 2 cents.

He did a short apprenticeship under Cronk at the Roosters where he became a loud mouthy halfback and picked up a few other things no doubt. Mouthy halves are obviously beneficial for Warriors sides because most of our players on the park need to be told where to go and what to do so tick the box there.

When at the Broncos he trained alongside Nikorima so expect some sort of base combination to start from going into the next 12 weeks.

I've heard he has a decent footy brain but obviously not as physically gifted as most halves in the comp. Still go back to Cronk, not a gifted athlete but a decent Nrl half who used the top 2 inches more than most.

Yep, feeling better about this now. Bring on the Raiders.
12 game winning streak confirmed, thanks, bets placed.

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 10, 2013
Auckland
Pretty excited with Bunty in the starting line up and Murch added to the bench.
We haven't seen the best of Katoa yet.
Alot of forward power still waiting to click, gotta be excited about that.
Thanks for the video Sup, CHT' form has been patchy to date probably due to his injury but I'm backing SOS to do a job once he's settled into the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly Sea Eagles Rate Match

Last Game

09 May

32 - 38
4.9 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 14 ratings