Team List NRL 2021 Round 3 - Raiders vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabkram

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 21, 2015
Wow can't believe some of the negativity here after just 2 rounds, especially considering the atrocious conditions last week we're far from conducive to open free running footy. The season is but young and you may all be proven right but my rose tinted glasses are still firmly in place and barring anymore major injuries and/or suspensions the combinations can only get better.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Old nemesis Croker back just in time to tear us a new one

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
  2. Bailey Simonsson
  3. Jarrod Croker
  4. Curtis Sc;ott
  5. Jordan Rapana
  6. Jack Wighton
  7. George Williams
  8. Josh Papalii
  9. Josh Hodgson
  10. Dunamis Lui
  11. Hudson Young
  12. Elliott Whitehead
  13. Joe Tapine
  14. Siliva Havili
  15. Ryan Sutton
  16. Sia Soliola
  17. Ryan James

Reserves:
  18. Sam Williams
  19. Tom Starling
  20. Caleb Aekins
  21. Sebastian Kris

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 1, 2015

2. Bailey Simonsson
  3. Jarrod Croker
  4. Curtis Sc;ott
  5. Jordan Rapana
  6. Jack Wighton
  7. George Williams
  8. Josh Papalii
  9. Josh Hodgson
  10. Dunamis Lui
  11. Hudson Young
  12. Elliott Whitehead
  13. Joe Tapine
  14. Siliva Havili
  15. Ryan Sutton
  16. Sia Soliola
  17. Ryan James

Reserves:
  18. Sam Williams
  19. Tom Starling
  20. Caleb Aekins
  21. Sebastian Kris
Why is it that players from any team always seem to return against the warriors? 😡

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Cecchin is the ref and his stats are:

Controlled the Warriors 46 times for 18 wins 27 losses and 1 draw - win % 40.22% compared with our overall win rate of 47.08% since Cecchin started ref’ing

Controlled Canberra 39 times for 17-0-22 results - win % 43.59% compared with 47.29%

Penalties Warriors 168 for 188 against. Canberra 136 for 135.5 against [where there were 2 refs each penalty is counted as 0.5 as the other ref may have made the call]

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
Let’s get behind SOS. He’s got first grade experience & he’s a year older. Give him an opportunity. Turner is very very young. He’s also a running half. We don’t need two running half’s out there. He’s an organiser, in the 7, much like CHT was for us. He does bring a decent short kicking game, just means kodi will need to do the bulk of the kicking.

this forum can annoy me. we should be supportive of the kid. He’s obviously under pressure. But if turner is thrust out there, has a shocker, then we all wonder why we didn’t play our more experienced player (in a very tough game btw). Cant win.

just see how he goes. He’s not going to light the house on fire, but he’ll do a job. Back him to do his role.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Against two good teams our guys have been in the game giving themselves a chance. Where we have been lacking is the occasional lapse in Defence and converting possession into points. There are three aspects here.

POSSESSION: We have had our share of possession and our completion rates in general have been good.

POSITION: This is two parts, field position where our kicking has not been what it should be but this week we have someone with an 'educated' boot. Secondly it is distribution, DH and Halves can not pick up and crab across the field shovelling the ball outwards causing a lateral attack. They need to be more direct so the defence doesn't just shuffle cross field in a drift defence.

PACE: If the attack is straightened then the outsides can run onto the ball at pace such as Maumalo's try last week. Simple basics executed at pace.

They are competing well, they need to finish these games off, they nearly did it last week, if they keep competing they will be a chance against anyone with that pack.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Cecchin is the ref and his stats are:

Controlled the Warriors 46 times for 18 wins 27 losses and 1 draw - win % 40.22% compared with our overall win rate of 47.08% since Cecchin started ref’ing

Controlled Canberra 39 times for 17-0-22 results - win % 43.59% compared with 47.29%

Penalties Warriors 168 for 188 against. Canberra 136 for 135.5 against [where there were 2 refs each penalty is counted as 0.5 as the other ref may have made the call]

Also look at the absolute clusterfucks of teams we have had in those stats. Blaming the Refs is just an excuse. Most of those losses have been deserved.

Panther

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
One of the arguments that Michael Jordan is the GOAT is he made his teammates better. I am hoping SOS can come in, read the game and direct play not just follow a process.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Thrilled for young O'Sullivan.

People here have determined he is completely shit after one trial game. His long kicking game will be sorely needed.

Kodi holds the key to having a running half in this team, he is as good as anyone when he takes on the line, I expect him to pick it up after playing with another half that cannot kick, he can concentrate on his running now.

SOS might have his flaws, but his strengths are exactly what we need. He put some massive boots downtown in that trial and they were overlooked.

Murchie is a great call. He is fit, they need more defence, and he will rip in against Canberra.

We will have four good running backrowers in this game, Kodi needs to get busy and take on the line and put them into gaps.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Got the Roosters next week, cant wait for the getting rid of the coach thread to heat up 🤣

Hey, look, when Mr Kearney was named as the new coach at the end of 2016 I thought, "I'll get things sorted NOW, start a 'Sack Coach Mooks' thread, save the mods some work in later 2017." It did not end well - for me. Best you let things be until oh, I dunno, next round week, mebbe? :)

I always had the Warriors being at best Win 2 Lose 2 after Rd 4. Win 1 Lose 3 is obviously less than ideal, but we were 1-3 in 2011, look how that ended up....

Reactions: jsmooove and kurgal

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
  2. Bailey Simonsson
  3. Jarrod Croker
  4. Curtis Scott
  5. Jordan Rapana
  6. Jack Wighton
Let me guess.. 2 mins to go with us 4 points in front, Croker scores and just needs to convert his own try from right out in front to win? ffs

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
In the theme of pumping the tyres up on young SOS I'll add my 2 cents.

He did a short apprenticeship under Cronk at the Roosters where he became a loud mouthy halfback and picked up a few other things no doubt. Mouthy halves are obviously beneficial for Warriors sides because most of our players on the park need to be told where to go and what to do so tick the box there.

When at the Broncos he trained alongside Nikorima so expect some sort of base combination to start from going into the next 12 weeks.

I've heard he has a decent footy brain but obviously not as physically gifted as most halves in the comp. Still go back to Cronk, not a gifted athlete but a decent Nrl half who used the top 2 inches more than most.

Yep, feeling better about this now. Bring on the Raiders.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Let me guess.. 2 mins to go with us 4 points in front, Croker scores and just needs to convert his own try from right out in front to win? ffs
Nah that's the old script bro, we didn't have Sean O'Cronk back then to ensure Crocker never gets near the ball. I bet Jarrod doesn't even know Stacey told us to stop being shit, he better bring his tissues for the presser, he'll need a couple of boxes going by his post match performances in 2014.

Last edited:

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Thrilled for young O'Sullivan.

People here have determined he is completely shit after one trial game. His long kicking game will be sorely needed.

Kodi holds the key to having a running half in this team, he is as good as anyone when he takes on the line, I expect him to pick it up after playing with another half that cannot kick, he can concentrate on his running now.

SOS might have his flaws, but his strengths are exactly what we need. He put some massive boots downtown in that trial and they were overlooked.

Murchie is a great call. He is fit, they need more defence, and he will rip in against Canberra.

We will have four good running backrowers in this game, Kodi needs to get busy and take on the line and put them into gaps.
Really wish we didnt seperate Kodi and Katoa.

Kodi unlocked him really well last year, particulary close to the line. Inexplicably they shifted them after Katoa's cracking start.....noticeably his line breaks started to dry up.

As for SOS he looks limited in a few areas but at least he should improve what's been a pretty woeful kicking game thus far......probably not the answer for unlocking our attack but as many have said Brown's plan seems to be early season shelve the expansive game and play to our strenght's which is undoubtedly the power forwards we now have and probably fair enough.

While id like to see more creativity (especially attacking the line) i take heart from Maumalo's try against Newcastle which was about as perfect an executed 2nd man play you could hope to see.....thought Newcastle did a good job of slowing our ptb down in the red zone which for the most part rendered our 1 out oompa's charging at the line ineffective......lets hope they have the nous to go to the change up a bit more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly Sea Eagles Rate Match

Last Game

09 May

32 - 38
4.9 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 14 ratings