• D

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • E

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
The consensus from Raiders fans is we got away with a heap of forward passes.
Has a little merit- particularly from Egan, but it’s no worse than you see in pretty much every game. Raiders and Cowboys in particular tend to be a bit like us in feeling dudded by the refs on a consistent basis
Pretty much every pass of Cam Smith's career was forward. Greatest player of all time.

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
I liked your reasoned argument, but in reality the lack of hookers in the market means we are making the best of a bad situation.

Our third try against the Raiders is almost all Egan. He sets the play to move closer to the posts and then on the next, he sends Murchie over...

Are we really getting a better attacking AND defending hooker for reasonable coin?
According to NRL.com he’s tackling at 95% and averages 40 tackles a game including the one where he went off injured. Egan’s defence is underrated.

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
I think posters are getting confused between the forward pass and the actual performance.

I don't care about the forward pass, we've been duded many many times before...

My issue is the performance, greatest comeback etc etc who cares. What concerns me most is the 25-6.

If Canberra didn't have the injuries issues, we would've been looking at a hiding. The fact they did is not our problem, and I doubt a Warriors team of old would've won that game.

Glad to have a valuable 2 points, but it won't brush over the fact in the first half we were easily getting pumped by a top 4 team.

KiwiinJapan

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 3, 2016
KNs forward pass or not, there was no way that the Canberra Raiders were going to stop Ben MM from that far out. Given how many times the Warriors have been on the receiving end for bad decisions, it is only fair. Another point from the press conference today is I think we dodged a bullet in this game because Matt Cecchin was supposed to be the ref, but got sick. The win was supposed to happen I think

Reactions: Sup42 and john nick

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
I think posters are getting confused between the forward pass and the actual performance.

I don't care about the forward pass, we've been duded many many times before...

My issue is the performance, greatest comeback etc etc who cares. What concerns me most is the 25-6.

If Canberra didn't have the injuries issues, we would've been looking at a hiding. The fact they did is not our problem, and I doubt a Warriors team of old would've won that game.

Glad to have a valuable 2 points, but it won't brush over the fact in the first half we were easily getting pumped by a top 4 team.

Not to mention the manner in which those tries were scored and breaks were made. Very ordinary.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
The amount of pessimistic people on this site is depressing. Players are slow, this player cant tackle, this guy is useless, this guy sucks. Geez take the win and enjoy it. We are far from the finished product and the list of fixes is still longer than the list of positives but we're bloody 2/3 (should be 3/3)... enjoy the start to the season.
I totally enjoyed the win, however i still stand by the statement that it was one of the most brain dead performances i have ever seen the warriors deliver. And i have missed 3 full games since they started playing.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Which bring me to Jazz. I know he's a polarising figure on here, but honestly, I love the guy. He's Kevin Campion MK2. Or at least, he will be once he's more seasoned and battle scarred. So he gives away a few penalties, and is prone to a dumb mistake or 3. But heck, the guy wears his heart on his sleeve. He's a tough sonofabitch, a scrapper, he hates losing, he'll stand up to anyone and for anyone, he never stops tackling and I believe he'd be one of the few Warriors that would walk into the starting 17 at the Storm, Roosters, and co. He might be an angry nutter, but he's our angry nutter and we need that fighting spirit desperately in this team.
I love Jazz. He has intangibles you just cant train into players. Give him another 3 years and he is going to be an absolute weapon.

He's being moved on by the club from what I've heard. Im hoping his form can convince them otherwise but a move over the ditch will take his game to that next level that this club can never do with its juniors...

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
An old golf saying, 'it is not how, it is how many', we scored more points, we won learn and move on. There are work ons after every game, this team is a long way from complete. Having our top Half injured, his replacement organising the team well and strong kicking game. That is a big bonus, celebrate it, no one is saying he is the Messiah, but that was a good debut, be happy you sad bunch of pricks.

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
An old golf saying, 'it is not how, it is how many', we scored more points, we won learn and move on. There are work ons after every game, this team is a long way from complete. Having our top Half injured, his replacement organising the team well and strong kicking game. That is a big bonus, celebrate it, no one is saying he is the Messiah, but that was a good debut, be happy you sad bunch of pricks.
Look a top 4 team would have never let the Raiders pull away, and a bottom 4 team wouldn’t have come back. That’s where we are right now. But fluck it was a magic game to watch

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
I love Jazz. He has intangibles you just cant train into players. Give him another 3 years and he is going to be an absolute weapon.

He's being moved on by the club from what I've heard. Im hoping his form can convince them otherwise but a move over the ditch will take his game to that next level that this club can never do with its juniors...
Do you know the logic behind that? Is it due to Tohu being the first choice 13?

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020

Gutted to hear that, doesn’t make a lot of sense to offload him apart from the fact he’s probably due a decent upgrade.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
No idea sorry. Person I spoke to last week at the NZRL U20 games was a player agent and knew that he was being shopped around.

Probably because of Tohu being an 80 minute player and the club liking Katoa and Murchie ahead of any other 2nd rower. When I had lunch with Papali'i before he left he told me the club were heavily invested in developing those two for the future which is why Papali'i left to seek more game time and challenge himself.

They may look to get those two more game time over the upcoming seasons and just use cheap fillins on the bench. We have a couple good 2nd rowers in our juniors who might kick on.

Anyones guess really...

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
That's my logic.

If Tevaga can't prove himself as a good enough 9 (I don't anybody on here has ever rated him above "Play Him at Hooker If Lawton and Egan/Whoever Go Down During A Game But Gawd It's Not Ideal" level) that fits in with the club's plan then certainly the club already have a very capable 13 in Harris and maybe already have a backup 13 lined up whether or not Tevaga doesn't make the grade at 9 and a 9's what they go looking for. Whether the club give him that opportunity/time or Redcliffe do, who knows?

Dont get too in love with SOS. He could turn into Thurston in the next few games and he will still go back to the Dolphins as soon as CHT is fit. CHT is the player the club have identified as the future by everyone including POS...

So by that, you're saying the club are still sold on a CHT/KN first choice halves combo? No chance of SOS/CHT?

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
That's my logic.

If Tevaga can't prove himself as a good enough 9 (I don't anybody on here has ever rated him above "Play Him at Hooker If Lawton and Egan/Whoever Go Down During A Game But Gawd It's Not Ideal" level) that fits in with the club's plan then certainly the club already have a very capable 13 in Harris and maybe already have a backup 13 lined up whether or not Tevaga doesn't make the grade at 9 and a 9's what they go looking for. Whether the club give him that opportunity/time or Redcliffe do, who knows?

So by that, you're saying the club are still sold on a CHT/KN first choice halves combo? No chance of SOS/CHT?

From what I've seen/read it seems to be....

CHT/SOS
Kodi/Turner

Each pair is similar and expected to provide the same role.

Reactions: Swanny and Fonzie

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Just watched the Bunty chase down.

Yes, great effort but what I liked most was the vision. As the break away started, he could see RTS had the winger covered and the ball was going to go to CNK who was following in support. He targeted CNK from about 30m behind before he even had the ball and was hunting him down in anticipation. You see him actually looking at CNK as his target well before he’s in place for the pass. He changed speed, timing his run to get himself on CNK as he got the ball.

Footy brains AND effort.

DallyM

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2016
Just watched the Bunty chase down.

Yes, great effort but what I liked most was the vision. As the break away started, he could see RTS had the winger covered and the ball was going to go to CNK who was following in support. He targeted CNK from about 30m behind before he even had the ball and was hunting him down in anticipation. You see him actually looking at CNK as his target well before he’s in place for the pass. He changed speed, timing his run to get himself on CNK as he got the ball.

Footy brains AND effort.
I hope we resign him before someone else does.... sure he wants to stay in Aucks.... C'mon warriors do it

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9
    Peta Hiku

Compiled from 19 ratings