General NRL 2021 Round 3 - General Discussion

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
For moine, ( (c) and (t) Australian Sports Commentators 2000s ), the Cowboys have never given any serious longterm planning to who's going to do JT The Elder's job when he's not there. There's certainly more issues in Townsville than the fact that they hadn't sufficiently planned for JT The Elder's retirement, but that's a big issue.

I certainly wouldn't write off Todd on the basis of three games. He might need a season to decide who's really worth keeping and who should be told their future isn't in Townsville. Of the coaches who are in the first season in their new club, I'd suggest Todd is probably the safest. Not that even the least safest is particularly close to being shown the door, given contract payments, coaches available, coaches interested etc etc.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Our side became instantly better when he took over. The difference was startling. He's a capable coach IMO.

His coaching style is all about accountability and to go in as a rookie coach that's new to an organisation that approach is always going to rock the boat.

Once he gets his team together you'll be able to judge him fairly but he's 2 years away from achieving that. If he can assemble a crew that believe in him as much as the Warriors did last year he'll go well.

Reading Cowboy fans sentiments they are ready for the team to be gutted and know it needs to be done...
Or was it that he coached by encouraging freedom and SK was the opposite so the players embraced it

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
For moine, ( (c) and (t) Australian Sports Commentators 2000s ), the Cowboys have never given any serious longterm planning to who's going to do JT The Elder's job when he's not there. There's certainly more issues in Townsville than the fact that they hadn't sufficiently planned for JT The Elder's retirement, but that's a big issue.

I certainly wouldn't write off Todd on the basis of three games. He might need a season to decide who's really worth keeping and who should be told their future isn't in Townsville. Of the coaches who are in the first season in their new club, I'd suggest Todd is probably the safest. Not that even the least safest is particularly close to being shown the door, given contract payments, coaches available, coaches interested etc etc.
I think probably all coaches are safe this year. Even the ones you'd be worried about have inherrited such basket cases, that you'd imagine they will last the season.

I guess John Morris if I had to really throw a name on the fire. Not that I personally believe he should go, think he's done well considering the horrid cap situation he inherited. The wagons just seem to be circling for whatever reason.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I think probably all coaches are safe this year. Even the ones you'd be worried about have inherrited such basket cases, that you'd imagine they will last the season.

I guess John Morris if I had to really throw a name on the fire. Not that I personally believe he should go, think he's done well considering the horrid cap situation he inherited. The wagons just seem to be circling for whatever reason.
Hasler - did resign a contract but conditional on Manly making the 8.

The ain’t making the 8!

With half a dozen round to go and the spoons locked up...

Reactions: Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Hasler - did resign a contract but conditional on Manly making the 8.

The ain’t making the 8!

With half a dozen round to go and the spoons locked up...
Oh gotcha, well yea that would be some sort of season if that squad made the 8.

Is the spoon really that clear cut though? Once Tom comes back fit(big if), surely they jag some wins against some of the other plodders.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

The truth is JT hung around one year too long. They lost Kalyn Ponga because of it and he was the next player they should have built their team around...

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Damn that’s a lot of firepower!! But probably not as bad as West Tigers lol

Tedesco, Ado-Carr, Korobete, Woods, Fifita, Moses, Murdoch-Masila probably more that’s off the top my head.

and kept Luke Brooks lol

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings