Pricey

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 2, 2016
Smart move by the Dolphins with another team opening up in Queensland to be in the NRL comp in 2023 they are good odds of being the team. By using a lot of first-grade warrior players or players on the cusp they may be able to poach them later(The new Brisbane team will need to start looking at a roster this year. It should also improve the quality of the games they play with so many first graders in the team.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

great to see Pompey in the centres

have they given up with Fus in that position ? I hope so!!

I thought it was a stupid move last year given Fus strengths was the high ball and finishing off tries

playing at centre completely negates those strengths

a typical classic dumbarse illogical thought process from the coach that shall not be named “um, you know”

First five rounds play a no frills style of league. Keep it simple bash and grind

we don’t have the enough talent in the halves for razzle dazzle just yet

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
I see a lot of people are not happy with Montoya in the 21 Obviously Perham is the fullback cover for sheck, look Montoya on his trial wasn't flash at all, but if this guy gets to put the jersey on game day, then I hope he kills it because if the warriors are to go deep this year you need the whole 30 to aim up. He's had over 50 nrl games so should be able to handle himself on the wing/centre?

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
For those interested the Redcliffe Intrust Cup side for this weekend has 8-9 Warriors squad players in the 13.
1 H. Perham
3. R Berry
4. V. Vailea
5. E. Kosi
7 P Turner
8 J Frei
10 K Evans
11 J Curran
13 P Pettersen Robati

I think Vailea is a development player and maybe Kosi also.
Some players cut from last years squad e.g. Pulu and Beale, are named in other teams.

You can see full details at
Thanks for that.Some interesting names listed there .Cherrington ,K.Hunt etc.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Packs:

8 D Klemmer 6 foot 6 116 kg
10 D Saifiti 6 foot 5 121 kg
11 Frizell 6 foot 105 kg
12 M Barnett 6 foot 2 105 kg
13 S Sue 6 foot 2 105 kg

15 J Saifiti Prop 6 foot 5 114 kg
16 J King Prop 6 foot 2 105kg
17 B Jones 2nd row 6 foot 102 Kg

WARRIORS
8 A Fonua Blake 6 foot 2 118 Kg
10 JTB 6 foot 4 114 kg
11 K Katoa 6 foot 4 110 kg
12 B Sironen 6 foot 1 95 kg
13 Tohu 6 foot 4 112 kg

15 Ben Murdoch-Masila 6 foot 1 114 kg
16 LAM 6 foot 1 111 kg
17 B Afoa 6 foot 2 111 kg

As big as we are, the Knights are huge as well. It’s going to be an even matchup and they will be stronger in the forwards than the Titans.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I see a lot of people are not happy with Montoya in the 21 Obviously Perham is the fullback cover for sheck, look Montoya on his trial wasn't flash at all, but if this guy gets to put the jersey on game day, then I hope he kills it because if the warriors are to go deep this year you need the whole 30 to aim up. He's had over 50 nrl games so should be able to handle himself on the wing/centre?

On that Hayze and others are getting game time with the Dolphins which to me is batter than sitting on his arse in Terrigal.

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Cant wait to see hoe this game plays out, see how our pack goes against a quality Knights team.

If we can get some direction and consistency out of our halves, we will be a top 4 team this year because we have a great pack and strike power all thoughout the back line with possibly the best back 3 in the game.

Reactions: Worried2Death

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
It’s great that Perham is the guy to replace RTS! I’m happy with that! Being in the Warriors system for a while now and also used as a 6, Wing and Centre I’m glad he’s getting some time at FB. Touch wood RTS doesn’t get injured I hope he gets some time there this year.

Also the knights will be tougher than the Titans though they similar back 5 to the Titans bar Bradman Best. So same formula make them tired and suffocate them and play patient footy!

Usually I would be concerned about players like Daniel Saifiti who was incredible but it’s more the experience half in Pearce.

Also the Knights suck! They have sucked since Joey so they can eat a fat one.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Packs:

11 Frizell 6 foot 105 kg
13 S Sue 6 foot 2 105 kg

WARRIORS
10 JTB 6 foot 4 114 kg
13 Tohu 6 foot 4 112 kg

16 LAM 6 foot 1 111 kg

As big as we are, the Knights are huge as well. It’s going to be an even matchup and they will be stronger in the forwards than the Titans.
Massive pack hey.

Knights fans have every right to feel confident, that was a solid win over a weak Dogs side, they did the business well.

They are suckers if they think it will be easy.

The team that holds the ball will win. The team that gives away free possession will wilter and die with those two monster packs under the new rules.

I am just thrilled that we will not be getting bashed over from the kick off for a change by one of the NRLs biggest forward packs.

Everything after that this season is a bonus.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Massive pack hey.

Knights fans have every right to feel confident, that was a solid win over a weak Dogs side, they did the business well.

They are suckers if they think it will be easy.

The team that holds the ball will win. The team that gives away free possession will wilter and die with those two monster packs under the new rules.

I am just thrilled that we will not be getting bashed over from the kick off for a change by one of the NRLs biggest forward packs.

Everything after that this season is a bonus.
Yes 👍 Sup I was very impressed by Sironen. Seems very tuff alround footy player

Reactions: Swanley and Sup42

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
North Shore
No, you're not wrong and there was also the fact that the NRL get a revenue stream - however comparatively small - from NRL Fantasy, where you can pay - I think it's AUD$20.00 for a season - to use Super Coach or whatever it's called (I'll probably use it when I'm 0 from 2 after this weekend! :) ). It was pointed out, using your Thurston example, that it was bloody annoying when Mr NRL Fantasy Player would sell Thurston because he was apparantly injured so wouldn't play this weekend so that's a waste of - say - $950k salary cap so Mr NRL Fantasy player would sell Thurston and spend $850k to buy Johnson and then, holy cow, Thurston gets confirmed to play one hour before the Cowboys game and by then, Mr NRL Fantasy Player's at the pub with the boys, can't access his NRL Fantasy team and Johnson has a naff game and scores 20 while Thurston has a blinder and scores 95 etc etc.

I don't think the 21 system is perfect (for instance, I'm not sure if clubs are barred from moving Player 13 out to 21 and then subsequently claim "well, we did list him as an outside chance! Look at our website article dated 4PM Friday!") but I suspect it's as close as we're going to get.
I agree that this is why it has been put in place.
I think i also heard it stemmed from a printing requirement for the Big League Week magazine back in the day, so that they could be printed before the weekend. But it's now 2021. Everything is on the internet.
And the requirement for it being a fantasy/gambling thing is ridiculous.
EPL. NBA. Int'l Cricket. All announce their teams on the day of the match. They are all without a doubt bigger gambling/fantasy wise.

This scenario reminds me of going into a new job role and asking why a certain task or process is done this way. And the answer is "I dunno, it's just the way we've always done it"

Reactions: eudebrito

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Packs:

11 Frizell 6 foot 105 kg
13 S Sue 6 foot 2 105 kg

WARRIORS
10 JTB 6 foot 4 114 kg
13 Tohu 6 foot 4 112 kg

16 LAM 6 foot 1 111 kg

Gosh, Monsters indeed! I didn’t think Kong vs Godzilla started till end of the month? haha

Those forwards are like a mirror image, massive but athletic at the same time. Brown aka Frankenstein being the mad scientist, would love nothing better than to stick it to his old mob lol

I’m happy to take the underdog tag in this one, while quietly gaining the respect of each club grinding them down physically one by one.
I would love a win though just to confirm we could hold 6th all year?

Should be a great match. They will be dirty we stuffed up their momentum last encounter. If it pisses down like their last game, we might gain a small advantage in that we’ll play it tight anyway and just blame the weather 👍

fizurg

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
hamilton
I agree that this is why it has been put in place.
I think i also heard it stemmed from a printing requirement for the Big League Week magazine back in the day, so that they could be printed before the weekend. But it's now 2021. Everything is on the internet.
And the requirement for it being a fantasy/gambling thing is ridiculous.
EPL. NBA. Int'l Cricket. All announce their teams on the day of the match. They are all without a doubt bigger gambling/fantasy wise.

This scenario reminds me of going into a new job role and asking why a certain task or process is done this way. And the answer is "I dunno, it's just the way we've always done it"

Fans bitched and moaned about the team lists meaning nothing so they changed the system. As usual, once the system changed the fans started to bitch and moan again.
My favourite being fans complaining about the video refs taking too long and then complaining about the refs and video refs getting calls wrong. Can’t have it both ways and either way someone will be complaining about it.

Last Game

09 May

32 - 38
4.9 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 15 ratings