• A

• B

• C

• D

• F----

Results are only viewable after voting.
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
By Australian commentary I think you mean Brandy & Blocka? Those two are bloody painful pointing out our faults over and over ad-nauseam. Especially on kicks and last play options or those ‘jazz’ brain fart moments..

Really annoying but at the same time a reflection of the things we REALLY need to work on that have carried over from past few seasons like a rash that won’t go away!
What about calling CTH jazz cause he was wearing a strapping around his head, there was another thing he was calling but I can't remember right now what it was, but it was passing me off during the game. Like if you don't know shit shut the F up.

I normally hate COC€ blocker but last night he was better then brandy

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

Did anyone on here go to the game????

2 reason's why I'm asking.
1 when jazz did the knee thing Chanel Harris-Tavita and JAZZ both said there was an elbow thrown.

2 it sounded through the telly like it was a knights home game, all I heard was the knights chant.

Interesting. All I heard through the telly were the drums. So obviously the Mt Smart Drumming Crew are over there or they've found a local equivalent. Certainly there was never any "Warriors! Warriors!" chanting going on, though.

Reactions: 1 users
wellyboy

wellyboy

Contributor
Did anyone on here go to the game????

2 reason's why I'm asking.
1 when jazz did the knee thing Chanel Harris-Tavita and JAZZ both said there was an elbow thrown.

2 it sounded through the telly like it was a knights home game, all I heard was the knights chant.
Yes i was at the game. There were more knights fans. Remember newcastle is just up the rd from central coast.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Makasene

Makasene

if we held on for 5 more mins the narrative in this thread would be so much different
I'm not so sure.

Holding on for a win would not mask the issues we have seen with the halves.

Would have been grateful for 2 points for sure but with a lot to work on

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Yes i was at the game. There were more knights fans. Remember newcastle is just up the rd from central coast.
Was just asking cause against the Titans I remember hearing the Warrior's chant.

Nangsy

Nangsy

I'm not so sure.

Holding on for a win would not mask the issues we have seen with the halves.

Would have been grateful for 2 points for sure but with a lot to work on
The Game plan seems to be half the problem, when the spine linked up in good ball it looked good, but they do lack control

Reactions: 1 user
Bluecat again

Bluecat again

I got the feeling that we were cooked when we couldn't score with all the possesion we had earlier in the first half. If we had put 4 or 8 points on the Knights when we had the momentum the game would have been totally different. But they defended until we gave the ball back to them and they got the lift not us
Like most I'm enjoying our forward pack. Apart from Tevega. I had hoped that he would be moved on or down over the break. And the same with Maumalo and Fusitua. They weren't missed when they went home last year. Do we not have any promising (or even just competent) wings coming through?
Our backs are not consistent top 8 standard but I guess that they are what we have for the season.
Chanel Harris-Tavita tries but I'm not seeing a half that can direct players around and create opportunities. The Broncos sucked last year and they still didn't want to keep Nikorima. Pretty much says it all for me
It will be interesting to see how Nathan Brown deals with it
I guess we keep the faith for a bit longer. And maybe trust Browns process?

Reactions: 2 users
Tragic

Tragic

I was bagging Roger too but if I remember rightly he was last passer for 2 if the tries, so he does have skills to be the link man if the plays are right.
The pass to Fusitua where he got bundled out was just dum play and he wasnt his usual safe self under the high ball. Still agree he is overpaid but something to work with.

RiceOwl

RiceOwl

Although disappointed with a loss, I don’t think it was quite as bad as others have made it out to be. I actually thought it was a relatively high quality game considering it was also a heavy track and had some rain which would’ve played a part in keeping it played in the middle. Completions were high and from what I saw it was quite end to end (could be proven wrong with metreage stats mind you) with some solid D from both sides. Agree we will be battling it out for those final top 8 spots with Knights and Titans, but considering where we have been and the trajectory we are on I’m comfortable with that at this point.

As much as I am pulling for the kid and definitely see some good qualities, I am also beginning to wonder about Chanel Harris-Tavita. I’ll stay patient but would hope for more of from an attacking POV than what has been shown in the last 2 weeks.

It’s early days yet team and although a late loss is hard to take let’s keep them pitchforks under the bed just yet.

Reactions: 6 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
I got the feeling that we were cooked when we couldn't score with all the possesion we had earlier in the first half. If we had put 4 or 8 points on the Knights when we had the momentum the game would have been totally different. But they defended until we gave the ball back to them and they got the lift not us
Like most I'm enjoying our forward pack. Apart from Tevega. I had hoped that he would be moved on or down over the break. And the same with Maumalo and Fusitua. They weren't missed when they went home last year. Do we not have any promising (or even just competent) wings coming through?
Our backs are not consistent top 8 standard but I guess that they are what we have for the season.
Chanel Harris-Tavita tries but I'm not seeing a half that can direct players around and create opportunities. The Broncos sucked last year and they still didn't want to keep Nikorima. Pretty much says it all for me
It will be interesting to see how Nathan Brown deals with it
I guess we keep the faith for a bit longer. And maybe trust Browns process?

It will be interesting to see as the season progresses what isfany changes are made

Going into the season, we all knew our forward pack was formidable, our halves not top 8 and the rest of our backline too similar in skill set and therefore predictable.

For me, that is why last year was so good, because our backs and forwards had a really good mix of players.

Some small and fast, some big and agile. Now, our back 3 are all big and 1-dimenstional again. Pompey at centre is just another Fusitua and Maumalo type. Aiken brings variety, but thats it.

Hetherington, Jennings, and even Payton was so good for this club last year because they brought to the table sometime different. We need that variety to be competitive and we will not win with our current backline.

I hope Brown and Gould are smart enough to realise the obvious.

6Again

Are we still dropping Jazz for several games to think about his actions?? - I ask because he hasn’t been charged by the match review committee, nothing in it apparently.

A lot of outrage overall after just 2 games, the Jazz reaction is evidence alone of that.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
jonesy101

jonesy101

Interesting to see in the game just played that Dallin Watene-Zelezniak was put on report and sent to the bin for a high shot on Cleary. Had Kodi stayed down last night we possibly would have been playing against 12 for the final 10 min. I'm not a fan of players staying down but that was a bad and late tackle. Kodi even had the mark across his face to prove it.

Reactions: 3 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

Jamayne Tounua-Brown charged for the crusher. Facing 3 weeks out or 4 if he fights it and is found guilty.

Didn't think there was anything in it at the time but with his patchy form and Evans in waiting, I think he will be sitting out.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Regardless of the disallowed try I don't feel cheated. Our forward performance was not as good as theirs all through the game.

We had more possession and had way less tackles to make than them, and they finished it off regardless.

I guess the coaching staff will know who the shirkers were, lots of missed tackles. If I had gone to MSS, to buy shite food, and go home after that loss I would have been pissed off to high hell.

Just saying like.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users