15 D.Klemmer L.Ah Mau 15
16 S.Sue K.Evans 17
17 J.Johns E.Kosi 18
18 J.King A.Pompey 21
19 T.Hoy T.Otukolo 22

Warriors4eva95

Last edited:

TheSultan

Your comparison of Sean O'Sullivan to cronk is as stupid to Chanel Harris-Tavita to cronk. There should be no discussion like that!
I think it was me who brought up Cronk a while back in regards to Chanel Harris-Tavita. All I was saying was, in pre-season I remember reading Chanel Harris-Tavita had said somewhere that he quickly realised that he was never going to be an Shaun Johnson type of half and that instead he wanted to model his game on a Cooper Cronk type player. Definitely not comparing the two or saying Chanel Harris-Tavita is in the ballpark of where Cronk ended up...no where close!

Reactions: 2 users
Lance155

Lance155

I think it was me who brought up Cronk a while back in regards to Chanel Harris-Tavita. All I was saying was, in pre-season I remember reading Chanel Harris-Tavita had said somewhere that he quickly realised that he was never going to be an Shaun Johnson type of half and that instead he wanted to model his game on a Cooper Cronk type player. Definitely not comparing the two or saying Chanel Harris-Tavita is in the ballpark of where Cronk ended up...no where close!
Yea I remember that story as well which people don't understand. Not only his he learning first grade but he has had to completely change the type of player he is

Lance155

Lance155

Reckon line up will look more like this come game day

1. Walsh 2. Montoya 3. Berry 4. Aitken 5. Kosi/Pompey 6. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 7. Nikorima 8. Fonua Blake 9. Tevaga 10. Ben Murdoch-Masila 11. Sironen 12. Harris 13. Curran

14. Otukolo 15. Ah Mau 16. Afoa 17. Evans. O’Sullivan been named qcup don’t think he’ll play also can’t see Tevaga playing the full 80 at hooker he can but probably not the best idea, Kosi and Pompey to fight it out for Wing
I can't see them not playing Sean O'Sullivan. Our kicking game has been a big weakness. I would like to see walsh come into the line for the big boots. Seems crazy we only use his kicking game when he plays 6

Reactions: 2 users

flying coconut

Yea I remember that story as well which people don't understand. Not only his he learning first grade but he has had to completely change the type of player he is

Oh for crying out loud stop making excuses, some of you guys sound absolutely ridiculous

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
jonesy101

jonesy101

Oh for crying out loud stop making excuses, some of you guys sound absolutely ridiculous
Third person here that remembers the article, was on a website like Stuff or the Herald. And that's exactly what he said. Nothing wrong with aspiring to model your game on a player who had a very successful career, but not the natural breakneck speed and agility of someone like a Shaun Johnson which Chanel Harris-Tavita realises he doesn't have. The article does exist somewhere so worth having a read.

I often seeing emerging players getting written off, saying they are average after a handful of games and will never be first grade material. That's happened so much to our juniors this year. Chanel Harris-Tavita needs more work and he's admitted that. He has an awesome attitude and there is just something about him that just says "do not write him off". I hope he makes a good recovery from his latest setback.

Remember when the pitchforks were out when Nathan Cleary was having an average patch just 2 years ago? Seems hard to believe now.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ary-overcomes-poor-form-to-keep-nsw-spot.html

Reactions: 5 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

I'm not a fan of Sironen. I would have had Murchie in place of him myself
Sironen has been disappointing to me after looking forward to him in the off season
He was supposed to be a great ball distributor but have never really seen him pass
Also is a scary player to have on the field in the last 20 protecting a lead as he has chronic issues with rushing the play of the ball and giving away needless penalties

very frustrating as he could be good

Reactions: 6 users