General NRL 2021 Round 15 - General Discussion

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
this.

no one wants to watch footy on a work night.

even Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, not a day of stress.

If I had to chose a time, I’d say Sat afternoon as the most preferred time for sport. Then Fri night.

Basically social hours. No one watches tv these days anyway. Everything s either on your iPhone or tablet.
Sundays not ideal for me either but I can live with the warriors 4pm starts as I understand they have to fit in 8 games in a weekend.
Keep the 2 games on Friday as is, possibly start the first game Saturday earlier and try squeeze in 4 games leaving 2 early games for Sunday.
Sat games could start of at 330pm nz time with the last kick off at 930-10pm.

Reactions: BeastMode

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
2668.jpg
manlyfan76 - silvertails.net

Is the Qld origin team run solely by the Broncos this year or what.

Rabble

Thinking is difficult, that is why people judge. - C.Jung

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
2668.jpg

kos - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 1,979

Yeah all 3 in that photo are born in Nz.
So many kiwi s playing origin.

It's the queeNZland way.

Reactions: Big_Fattz

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
27881.jpg
ManEagle - silvertails.net

J_P - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 1,170

I don't really follow origin but out of curiosity looked it up.
What's the logic behind not being eligible if you've played for a tier 1 (Eng/NZ) nation at international level but perfectly fine if you've played for Samoa or Tonga if i understood it correctly. I know the logic from Australia's representative squads benefit but just makes no sense otherwise.

A few years back the minow country players in the NRl were choosing to play Origin rather than be available for their international team as there wasn't any benefit or opportunity to play for their country in internationals which then meant under the old rules made them ineligible to represent their own country in future.
The rules were changed so these players could play for their own country but still be eligible for origin stregnthening the minows player ranks as they would not be ruled out for selection if they played origin.

Reactions: J_P

Cowboys

Stampede
Jun 4, 2021
1133.jpg
Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

5003.jpg
jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 3,733

While NSW have their own reasons for raising the eligibility ruling, the decision has saved the NZ national team.

While we will always have passionate ones like Dallin Watene-Zelezniak wanting to represent NZ without question, we are struggling enough to field a squad as it is with the number of defections we've had in recent years. If this wasn't enforced you'd pretty much have most 14 or 15 year olds plucked out of the NZ systems by NRL scouts and whichever club you land with would determine whether you were with NSW or QLD. That's not real representation of your state.

I'm disappointed for Mulitalo, but glad sanity has prevailed.

What do you think about NZ having its choice (in league and union) of players from the other (pacific) islands?

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Scott 'Drinky' Drinkwater

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
801.jpg
SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net

62.jpg
Sup42 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 40,101

-

Part of the reason is world cups bro.

The league bosses wanted their cake and eat it too. The exemption for T2 nations means that the Island nations are more able to field more respectable line ups.

It was supposed to be a situation where NZ and Aus pillaged the Islands...and any Island players they did not want, could then bolster their Island national teams.

Tonga flipped that on its head with the new nationalism, players turning down big money and high profile benefits of Origins and Anzac test in favour of Tonga....all the while taking massive pay cuts to do it.

What Tonga have done, is what rep football is meant to be about, playing for your spiritual home colours be they state or international colours.

This will derail the thread probably but a lot of Kiwis get their noses out of joint over the Tonga movement.

Too bad. New Zealand does not own the people born here, they ain't livestock, what is in their hearts and spoken around the family table is what counts...not some colonial ownership of people.

Interesting post, sport and international contests have always been a boon for those pushing nationalist or anti-colonialist agendas. We in Aus love to beat England at cricket and rugby. In League we've done it so often I almost cheer on the Poms. (almost)
4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 17,240

No, no, no… we / I need this game

Got a ton of cash riding on NSW and want to cash in after… 😂

What odds did you get, $1.05 lol

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
801.jpg

Interesting post, sport and international contests have always been a boon for those pushing nationalist or anti-colonialist agendas. We in Aus love to beat England at cricket and rugby. In League we've done it so often I almost cheer on the Poms. (almost)

What odds did you get, $1.05 lol

$1.25 head to head

EASY $$$

Reactions: J_P

Cowboys

Stampede
Jun 4, 2021
1133.jpg

But I digress… why Ronaldo? Is he really that much better than Coates? If at all.

His name is Ronaldo.

“I believe I’m the best six at this club. I’m just doing my best week-in week-out to play No.6. That’s where I want to play.”

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
1667.jpg
wombatgc - silvertails.net

62.jpg
Sup42 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 40,118

Dam Teddesco is one ugly dude, short, block head, all teeth. Face like a Parrot fish.

They’re are a good tasting fish though, gotta give him that.

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
skull61 - silvertails.net

Was that Nate Myles in the Qld shed. No wonder they are crap

• Haha
Reactions: Penpal

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
skull61 - silvertails.net

5433.jpg
PullinTeeth - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,826

**** me, had a look at who qualifies for Queensland, good luck.

Yeah so they will change the rules again to even it up

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
2668.jpg

The press was a little early when they said it was the worst Qld team ever.

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
1667.jpg
wombatgc - silvertails.net

4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 17,270

DCE with the water works

He shouldn’t feel upset

He should feel embarrassed…

What for. Being the only one that had a go and showed plenty of fight. Blame the cocksucker next to him. He’s only good when he’s kicking blokes on the ground.

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
27881.jpg
ManEagle - silvertails.net

A few years back the minow country players in the NRl were choosing to play Origin rather than be available for their international team as there wasn't any benefit or opportunity to play for their country in internationals which then meant under the old rules made them ineligible to represent their own country in future.
The rules were changed so these players could play for their own country but still be eligible for origin stregnthening the minows player ranks as they would not be ruled out for selection if they played origin.

Thanks mate that makes sense. So its for the benefit of the tier 2 teams and not Australia trying to lock down players to play for them.

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
Will on the hill. - silvertails.net

4979.jpg
Warrior#214 - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 1,407

Serious question.
Pound for pound. Man for man.
Is there a single QLD player who you’d pick in an Australian side tomorrow based on form or reputation?
Maybe Munster over Luai?
Could you pick Val Holmes over anyone of the NSW back 5?
Maybe Papailli as a senior bench prop? He ain’t rolling with any form but maybe he’s an old head?

Grant, when fit over Cook. I'd also like to see how Fafita goes in a good side.

40 nil 40 nil 40 nil

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
1133.jpg

What do you think about NZ having its choice (in league and union) of players from the other (pacific) islands?

League is a bit of a joke with eligibility Origin muddies many a National allegiance due to high match payments , the Kangaroos can’t really comment on picking “Islanders” and origin eligibility is grey as it is.

The Union one is a tired myth Auckland has the highest Polynesian population in the world, majority Generational NZers. NZ supplies the most players to other nations (the Samoan and Tongan teams for example are majority2nd/3rd generation NZers with pacific heritage) only been a handful of all blacks in over a century not born in NZ- again Wallaby’s can’t throw stones here.

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
3558.jpg
globaleagle - silvertails.net

Has sCam smith actually changed his name to 'future immortal cam smith' because the Aust media constantly use that moniker to describe him?

'current d-bag sCam smith' - there ya go Daily telegraph, you're welcome.

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
3558.jpg
globaleagle - silvertails.net

It's interesting when one team (and the state) start yelling for sackings and reviews and scape-goats because it's like there's an expectation that the teams are 50-50 when games start.

Sometimes you just run into the irresistible force. The All Blacks win pretty much everything and have done so for years. So I doubt whether too many teams are on par with them.
You play them, you do your best, you try to limit the margin to under 20 points (esp if you're the aussie team...)

Qld had a pretty good run (8 straight mate), Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes, Canada and plaid shirt wearing... they've all had great teams at some stage.

And even though NSW (media) are strutting around talking about dynasties and the like, didn't Qld lose the ball 4 times over the tryline last night? 26-24 isn't too bad.

I know you can't gauge games like that (murray also dropped the ball and wasn't onside) but I dunno, no Pongo, no grant, late injuries...

I don't think it's panic stations quite yet.....

that's for after game 3 (lol)

Silvertails

Silvertails.net
May 19, 2021
801.jpg

Grant, when fit over Cook. I'd also like to see how Fafita goes in a good side.
He'd probably score a couple of tries. Early this year he looked brilliant but lately he's been doing very little for Titans and Qld. I thought at the time that his massive deal was a huge gamble. He's got the physical attributes so the key to his success must lie elsewhere!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings