16 B.Afoa D.Ieremia 18
17 B.Murdoch-Masila T.Eisenhuth 19
18 J.Tevaga M.Seve 20
21 K.Maumalo C.Lewis 21
23 A.Fonua-Blake T.Loiero 22

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Ive had to go into a week of feeling like 30 years of sticking behind a losing team, and losing by 2or less 4 times this year.

Storm is a must win, we will lose touch with the 8 if we are beaten. 5/7 is recoverable, first half of the season, but 5/8, 11 rounds left we would need 8/11 to have a chance of the 8.

I know our team has injuries. But we better pull out the magic win this round with the good players returning.

With money for a quality 6 to let go of Kodi and a quality 9 in the kitty, we just need to get the offensive delivery sorted out fast. We also need 1 speed winger and most importantly, we need to show some intent on defense, ie moving up 5m every play the ball, not waiting for them to get to us. And just flapp watch out for their 9s and if Papenhausen is playing watching him backing those 2 up most runs. That would shut down 70% f their offence, then just have to watch out for elite players like the "Fox:.

I was so gutted last weekend. 4 of our losses being by less than 2 points. It just hurts so much more watching this team from the start, supporting them financially and in person at home and away, not knowing if the light bulb will ever switch on in my lifetime or if this is a worse version of the sharks history.

This game is turning point in our season, period.

Reactions: Mr Dragon and bruce

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Ive had to go into a week of feeling like 30 years of sticking behind a losing team, and losing by 2or less 4 times this year.

Storm is a must win, we will lose touch with the 8 if we are beaten. 5/7 is recoverable, first half of the season, but 5/8, 11 rounds left we would need 8/11 to have a chance of the 8.

I know our team has injuries. But we better pull out the magic win this round with the good players returning.

With money for a quality 6 to let go of Kodi and a quality 9 in the kitty, we just need to get the offensive delivery sorted out fast. We also need 1 speed winger and most importantly, we need to show some intent on defense, ie moving up 5m every play the ball, not waiting for them to get to us. And just flapp watch out for their 9s and if Papenhausen is playing watching him backing those 2 up most runs. That would shut down 70% f their offence, then just have to watch out for elite players like the "Fox:.

I was so gutted last weekend. 4 of our losses being by less than 2 points. It just hurts so much more watching this team from the start, supporting them financially and in person at home and away, not knowing if the light bulb will ever switch on in my lifetime or if this is a worse version of the sharks history.

This game is turning point in our season, period.
Agree exactly. This historically is our best chance through SOO to upset a good team or two

Reactions: bruce

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Speaking of, Lawton just scores a dummy half try for Manly, while our 9 has 1% of his intensity. Oh hes in it again..

What is wrong with the player management at the Warriors.

It was clear Lawton was the go to choice with his speed and intent, but we went egan. We just have no concept on how to build and retain a team.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
We are 7th on the ladder already this weekend!!!!!!
I dont think we will make 7th if we win. But 8 posibly. More important, staying with a remote chance of making the 8. If only we could reverse those 4 ultra close games. The team is clearly better than the results are showing. Just need the halves, hooker and some defensive work and we could quite easily be a top 4 team, heck any good NRL coaches in Aus with this team would be top 4.

But Im short of faith on us producing a miracle game/

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
I dont think we will make 7th if we win. But 8 posibly. More important, staying with a remote chance of making the 8. If only we could reverse those 4 ultra close games. The team is clearly better than the results are showing. Just need the halves, hooker and some defensive work and we could quite easily be a top 4 team, heck any good NRL coaches in Aus with this team would be top 4.

ABF missing has been a problem for us

Reactions: francis and bruce

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
ABF missing has been a problem for us
Addin Fonua-Blake? Yep, but despite this our forwards have done a good job abd have provided so much red zone, which Kodi kept flapping up and Walsh since joining has cleaned up with so much redzone. Addin Fonua-Blake will just make that even easier.

We are so close to having a sensational team. I say take the 6 at $800k no matter about this beat up about older warriors not keen. Id like to know how these players are, I call bs. I think its still on the cards.

Then just get a solid 9 and our offense via backs and forwards will be very well balanced.

I cant wait. I think our future is potentially very good.

Ohgeelowk

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 24, 2020
Interesting to see they’ve named Ben in the front row in the fox sports late mail..I’ll be very interested to see how that goes!!

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I dont want to sound negative, but Im concerned about Kosi vs Addo-Carr eeeeeek. Foxy.
You are not being negative.

Lets face it, it is a terrible miss match.

At this stage of his career, Kosi could not match up fairly against anyone in the NRL.

Kosi has had the worst preparation to play NRL ever. From NZ club footy, no Juniors experience, straight to the QLD cup and then NRL before he was meant to.

He will be like Ken when Ken first came in....clueless and totally outclassed.

Which is why I am glad he is playing. The only way we find out who all these fringe players are is to play them.

It is time for the Warriors to cycle through these boys and give them a real path to be regular first graders....let them play, don't expect too much, and get behind them.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
It does mention that he failed a fitness test in the late mail, not saying that he wasn’t dropped but he may have picked up an injury or may have a few niggles
Injuries are infectious at the Warriors.

Must be the bubble.

Ohgeelowk

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 24, 2020
You are not being negative.

Lets face it, it is a terrible miss match.

At this stage of his career, Kosi could not match up fairly against anyone in the NRL.

Kosi has had the worst preparation to play NRL ever. From NZ club footy, no Juniors experience, straight to the QLD cup and then NRL before he was meant to.

He will be like Ken when Ken first came in....clueless and totally outclassed.

Which is why I am glad he is playing. The only way we find out who all these fringe players are is to play them.

It is time for the Warriors to cycle through these boys and give them a real path to be regular first graders....let them play, don't expect too much, and get behind them.
Well said mate, I’m also glad the young fellas are getting a run. You can see the likes of berry, kosi and even Sean going to another level in qcup after their runs in first grade. We’d come close to having one of the youngest 1-7s in the comp. As you said let the young fellas play and don’t expect a Reece Walsh straight away.

Leaguefirst

U20's Player
Sep 18, 2019

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
It does mention that he failed a fitness test in the late mail, not saying that he wasn’t dropped but he may have picked up an injury or may have a few niggles
At this time in the season nearly all NRL players will be carrying some sort of knock or niggling injury.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Sportsbet have given us 5:1.18 odds haha, cant blame them given the storms dominance and our lack of any defensive dominance.

I look at our team list and even without some key players we have a pretty damn decent forward pack (outside Egan).

With no Walsh, will we crack 6 points? :)

Reactions: Sup42

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings