Post Match NRL 2021 - Round 14 - Warriors vs Storm Post Match Discussion [Round 14, 2021]

Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Storm
16 Central Coast Stadium
13 Jun 2021 16:00
80th minute

Rate the game?

• A+

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • C

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • F-

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters

Nambawan

Waterboy
Sep 12, 2016
Is it a coincidence that our attack improved as Chanel Harris-Tavita left the field?
To me Chanel Harris-Tavita has always seemed to lack pace off the mark and therefore penetration. Perhaps dummy-half maybe his slot - similar to Croker at Manly. Furthermore I had the impression that the Warriors looked a bit better when Sironen went into dummy-half. Egan all game becomes all to predictable (and risky).

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Sorry if I am being critical and ranting again, but I was watching a replay of yesterday’s game focusing on Chanel Harris-Tavita and Kodi. I’m in the mood for a rant.

Their passing game is really slow. I’d go as far as saying bog average. It’s really more like a chuck of the ball rather than a spinning crisp pass. Even Kodi’s pass to Ken for his second, was an ugly looking lob ball. As a halve your ability to make pinpoint and fast passes iscritical. This is another feature of their game which makes them so weak.

You compare this to Shaun Johnson’s passing which is usually very smooth and on point.

Especially the skip passes which he use to do so efficiently when setting up Ken and Fusitua for tries back in the day….

Someone please teach them the art of passing a rugby ball.

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
My guess is the brains trust must have thought about that
"Brains trust" - Warriors Management
"Brain fart" - Brains trust decision that goes awry, e.g. cutting a marquee half and having no plan B. Or signing two wingers at overs for 4 & 5 years. Or writing "1 year player option" at the bottom of a contract. Or entering a frantic bidding contest with yourself.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Sorry if I am being critical and ranting again, but I was watching a replay of yesterday’s game focusing on Chanel Harris-Tavita and Kodi. I’m in the mood for a rant.

Their passing game is really slow. I’d go as far as saying bog average. It’s really more like a chuck of the ball rather than a spinning crisp pass. Even Kodi’s pass to Ken for his second, was an ugly looking lob ball. As a halve your ability to make pinpoint and fast passes iscritical. This is another feature of their game which makes them so weak.

You compare this to Shaun Johnson’s passing which is usually very smooth and on point.

Especially the skip passes which he use to do so efficiently when setting up Ken and Fusitua for tries back in the day….

Someone please teach them the art of passing a rugby ball.
I’ll be honest not your best rant but on the money, dead set Watermelons some of those long balls from Kodi. Like watching a midget passing a beach ball, the ball floating out into space, must be accounting for the speed of his outside backs.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
My guess is the brains trust must have thought about that. I don't know if I believe that story that the senior payers didn't want him. Since when did players run the club?
Well, if player agents can have clubs over a barrel, why shouldn't the players try their luck?

I don't have a problem with the players being asked their opinion, but it should always be "Those who do the paying do the saying."

Of course, the players are also - as I suspect they may be here - a handy diversion from a real, frankly less professional reason ie CG simply doesn't want Shaun Johnson here.

Reactions: Akkerz and bruce

Louim8

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2020
Don’t mean to be a hater, but are we all that surprised Chanel Harris-Tavita has injured himself with a tackle?

His kamikaze style, while looks good for the “wow” , it’s an awfully dangerous way to tackle…
The way he got injured though was not from his style of tackling, just a freak accident. I know what you mean though but his hits are more in the mould of a steve matai, where his timing is perfect and hits the player from the side while their head is turned.

Reactions: bruce and jsmooove

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
If I was going to replace Ken i would have done so with a lightning fast, tough built winger like Regan Grace from the UK. One of the few uk wingers that could hack the NRL, I think he will end up in the NRL as hes only taken a 1 yr extension, at age 24 that spells he is shopping around.
Ok I’m sold! This kids our “Addo-Carr”.. Sean O'Sullivan to POS make it happen!!

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Reactions: Louim8

bringmethehorizon

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale
Ok I’m sold! This kids our “Addo-Carr”.. Sean O'Sullivan to POS make it happen!!

Grace! Grace! Grace!

Someone said he extended his contract with St Helens
Until the end of 2022..
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak rumored to be coming here on a 1.5 year contract......
Until the end of 2022..............
Because we're signing REGAN GRACE WITH THE PACE for 2023!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Akkerz and Wrighty

gpred

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 23, 2016
Just watching Dogs v Dragons now and their seems to be warnings and then binnings for multiple set restarts.

Didn't we get multiple set restarts in a row against the Storm, with zero consequences for the Storm?

Perhaps they were warned and I missed something? Or perhaps this is just another example of a different set of rules for the Warriors?

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
After watching Brownie’s press conference I’m at a bit of a loss around where the fault lies. He generally gave a summary of what he wanted & what they didn’t do. It wasn’t the old SK presser, where he talked about winning the arm wrestle. The plan seemed straight foward, no one out running, play football & go around the jamming defence. Is it our team lacks creativity?

South Sydney Rabbitohs Sunshine Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

24 Jul

3.8 Total Avg Rating
4.6 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 12 ratings