Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00

# Player Player #

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Looking at the Fox league ‘expert‘ tips for this weekend…

Cowboys: Lara Pitt, Gordon Tallis, Steve Roach, Corey Parker, Jess Yates, Cooper Cronk, Ben Ikin, Greg Alexander

Warriors: Braith Anasta, Hannah Hollis, Marty Johns, Yvonne Sampson, Andrew Voss
On NRL.com 11 Kents are tipping cowboys and 5 tipping warriors.
Surprisingly Soward who has been spruiking us all year and listed us higher than the cowboys, iirc, in his power rankings has plugged for the cows too.

However the guys at sportsbet have us at $1.77 and cows at $2.05 FWIW

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
On NRL.com 11 Kents are tipping cowboys and 5 tipping warriors.
Surprisingly Soward who has been spruiking us all year and listed us higher than the cowboys, iirc, in his power rankings has plugged for the cows too.

However the guys at sportsbet have us at $1.77 and cows at $2.05 FWIW
There's only 3 things that are certain in life..

Death, taxes, and losing money betting on the Warriors as favourites.

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Looking at the Fox league ‘expert‘ tips for this weekend…

Cowboys: Lara Pitt, Gordon Tallis, Steve Roach, Corey Parker, Jess Yates, Cooper Cronk, Ben Ikin, Greg Alexander

Warriors: Braith Anasta, Hannah Hollis, Marty Johns, Yvonne Sampson, Andrew Voss
We might be in the minority, but we definitely have all the cool people in our corner.. including the lovely Yvonne Sampson, wow what a woman! 🥰

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

Tallis, Roach, Parker, Alexander - one eyed pro Aussie teams so their view is biased

Ikin - smart analyst but links to the cows so bias
Cronk is the only balanced analyst going for the cows

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
In all honesty I think the Cowboys should be favourites with the team playing at home and showing good signs of buying in with Tod Payton's coaching plans... Also they are playing without their best forward in Taumalolo, which can also be a curse with the Warriors...
But that doesn't mean I won't be barracking hard for our team. It is just my opinion, Bonus is that I'm usually a bad tipster!

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I think a key to the match and a key to our season is the coaching staff arranging an enforcer to ride shotgun over Reece.
In a number of the games so far people have come after him and no Warrior has stood up for him. Someone needs to go to the bin in this game for fighting to protect Walsh. If it doesn't happen this game Walsh will be taken out very soon by a cheap shot. He needs protection. This a tough league with some tough hombre's. Leilluia in the last match tried to lay out Walsh on a number of occassions once he realised the threat Reece posed. Guys are going to come after him and the Warriors need to send a message in this match that we are happy to go to the sin bin for ten minutes for clocking someone in the face for messing with our star 18 year old.

When Wayne Gretzky started playing for the Edmonton Oilers they put a good called Dave Semenko (sp?) on his line to ride shotgun over Wayne. After Dave laid out one or two kents no one took a run at Wayne and Wayne had a lot more space to operate in to create scoring opportunites.

Am not saying anything other guys haven't said already on this message board as have read similar opinions.
Some player needs to be tapped on the shoulder to be Reece's bodyguard.
Candidates are:
1) Jazz - he might not win the scraps but he has the mongrel to get into people's faces
2) Katoa - No too friendly and nice
3) Murchie - Too well raised by his family. His manners are too nice.
4) Tohu - Too gentle and kind
5) JTB - too shy and reserved
6) Afoa - probably against his religion
7) LAM - too senior and past that carry on
8) Curran - would be useful but not playing this week
9) Ben Murdoch-Masila - YES!!! That would be glorious. He would be terrify anyone if he came after them.
10) Kane Evans - maybe - he would be a dark horse to be an enforcer. He is a nice guy but could be mean if he needed to be.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I think a key to the match and a key to our season is the coaching staff arranging an enforcer to ride shotgun over Reece.
In a number of the games so far people have come after him and no Warrior has stood up for him. Someone needs to go to the bin in this game for fighting to protect Walsh. If it doesn't happen this game Walsh will be taken out very soon by a cheap shot. He needs protection. This a tough league with some tough hombre's. Leilluia in the last match tried to lay out Walsh on a number of occassions once he realised the threat Reece posed. Guys are going to come after him and the Warriors need to send a message in this match that we are happy to go to the sin bin for ten minutes for clocking someone in the face for messing with our star 18 year old.

When Wayne Gretzky started playing for the Edmonton Oilers they put a good called Dave Semenko (sp?) on his line to ride shotgun over Wayne. After Dave laid out one or two kents no one took a run at Wayne and Wayne had a lot more space to operate in to create scoring opportunites.

Am not saying anything other guys haven't said already on this message board as have read similar opinions.
Candidates are:
1) Jazz - he might not win the scraps but he has the mongrel to get into people's faces
9) Ben Murdoch-Masila - YES!!! That would be glorious. He would be terrify anyone if he came after them.
10) Kane Evans - maybe - he would be a dark horse to be an enforcer. He is a nice guy but could be mean if he needed to be.
Glad your not the coach if your game plan is to get one of our star fowards to punch someone and get sent off...

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
In all honesty I think the Cowboys should be favourites with the team playing at home and showing good signs of buying in with Tod Payton's coaching plans... Also they are playing without their best forward in Taumalolo, which can also be a curse with the Warriors...
But that doesn't mean I won't be barracking hard for our team. It is just my opinion, Bonus is that I'm usually a bad tipster!
Regardless of who's in or out for them, this is definitely a 50/50 game. They're at home and playing reasonably well, and we havn't won back to back all year. Anyone's game really.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Really can’t see this as anything but a tight game, teams look evenly matched and both sides will be desperate to go into the bye week with good vibes.

We may just have one or two more game breakers than them, hopefully that’s enough to jag the 2 points.

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
Cowboys vs warriors Team Lists (No Taumalolo)

1 Val Holmes 1 Reece Walsh
2 Kyle Feldt 2 Montoya
3 Javid Bowen 3 Pompey
4 Tabuai Fidow 4 Euan Aitken
5 Tualagi 5 RTS
6 Drinkwater 6 Kodi
7 Clifford 7 CHT

8 Gilbert 8 JTB
9 Robson 9 Egan
10 Mcleam 10 Evans

11 Shane Wright 11 Murchie
12 Mitchell Dunn 12 Katoa
13 Coen Hess 13 Harris

14 Jake Granville 14 Tevaga
15 Peter Hola 15 LAM
16 Jensen 16 Afoa
17 Luki 17 Ben Murdoch-Masila

Wrighty's team comparison

Fullback. Incredibly despite how great Val Holmes is will call this to advantage warriors despite Reece Walsh having only 5 games under his belt. WARRIORS
Wings Kyle Feldt must be in the top 5 wings in the league in terms of consistency. Will call this a Tie as we have RTS. TIE
Centres - they have Tabuai Fidow, but I like Euan Aitken. Pompey has been a bit off the boil last two games compared to his earlier outings this season. Give this to cowboys by a nose. COWBOYS.
Halves - They have Drinkwater who is one my favourite players, however, Clifford is not great in my books. Will give this to Drinkwater factor however noted that the Warriors halves are clicking well. COWBOYS
Props - Both teams have pretty weak, by NRL standards starting props, JTB being the worst of the starting four listed. He ran for a whopping nine metres in total last week. Therefore Peytons team gets the nod. COWBOYS
2nd Row - Our young bucks Murchie and Katoa get the nod here - WARRIORS
Lock - Coen Hess was a pay cheque player last year and at the beginning of this year. Shied away from heavy contact and went through the motions. I think the coach has spoken to him as he has perked up a notch or two in recent weeks. However give this to Tohu Harris who last week ran for 157 metres. WARRIORS
Hooker - Egan is figuring out the rhythm of the NRL. And looking really good, WARRIORS

Bench

Give a triple advantage to Warriors for the bench. Jake Granville has been poor and a real liability this year. The defensive structure dissapears when he comes on. Should retire. LAM and Ben Murdoch-Masila also are advantages on the bench. WARRIORS times 3

Overall Warriors 7 Cowboys 3

This game will be close in the first 20 and warriors to assert themselves as the bench begins to get involved for both sides.

At least that is how it plays out on paper IMHO.

Please note don't take this analysis seriously, just my view for conversation and reading material as we get ready for and look forward to the game.

Cheers
Agree with them all except Hooker, Robsons takes the cake easy thee

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021

Candidates are:
I’ve played against Murch through out high school, he’s a mad dog

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Bugger, was really hoping he would play for Montoya
It’s about this time of the week I start getting the pre match butterflies, in fact I have been following this team for so long I get them even when we have a bye! 🤦🏽‍♂️

Came down with Flu, late morning thought I was dying, by late afternoon I hoped I was dying. My Wife has it too, but of course we all know men are affected worse than Women.

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings