Votes: 39 45.9%
  • F-

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
To be honest, having had nearly two days to think about it and having seen the Raiders be fucked even worse by a shitty video ref call than we were, I can't say I'm devestated.

We effectively got beaten by an arsey try that happens 1 time in 50 maybe. Between that and the video ref choosing to over-rule the on-field ref for some weird reason, it was destined to not be our night.

Sharks look ready for the taking next Sunday.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Can anyone ( bruce bruce) post the herald article:

Rugby league: Warriors search for answers from referees' boss following loss

NRL referees' boss Bernard Sutton could soon find himself as a means of catharsis for the Warriors coaching staff, who were left with a lot of questions following their side's loss to the Gold Coast Titans on Friday night.

The Warriors were on the wrong side of a 5-0 penalty count and had what appeared to be a clear try disallowed after being referred to the bunker in the 16-12 defeat. Speaking after the match, assistant coach Justin Morgan said the coaching staff had a "long list of questions" to put to the referees following the game.

"That's more therapeutic for us than anything else," Morgan said. "They're not going to turn around and change their decisions. We'll ask some questions; we need to keep people honest and accountable for what's going on.

"To be fair, the new six-again rule and so forth, clubs are getting used to it, coaches are getting used to it and no doubt referees are getting used to it. There are some inconsistencies in that at the moment and that makes it a little bit harder to swallow, but we just have to wait it out.

"We have a long list of questions for the referees' boss. He might turn around and say 'we got that one wrong and we got that one wrong' but it doesn't change anything."

After a flying start saw the Warriors run out to a 12-0 lead in the opening nine minutes, they struggled to back up their attack and failed to put any more points on the board despite spending plenty of time in Titans territory. The Titans hung around and were able to fight back, ultimately stealing the win with a 74th minute try through rookie Beau Fermor.

When asked about the lopsided penalty count after the match, Warriors interim head coach Todd Payten questioned the officiating around the ruck.

"I thought there was a difference in the ruck from them to us in terms of second effort and the tempo of the ruck," Payten said. "We got a couple of ruck infringements but we didn't get any penalties so it's frustrating, but I'm a coach on the losing end of a game so of course I'm going to say that."
It's rare that an NRL side can go a full match without being awarded a penalty, however Payten wasn't using that as an excuse for his team's demise.

After the way they started, the Warriors should have been able to go on with the job. Instead, in Payten's summation, they "softened a bit" instead.

"Some guys were missing their assignments defensively and that's something we need to improve no doubt.

"I thought for large parts of it we did show some defensive resolve, where a month ago we would've leaked plenty of points. So, I'm pleased with the improvements we've made there particularly in our defensive structures, but at the end of the day we lost the game on some big plays we should have made.

"When we are where we are and fighting like we're fighting, we just have to keep fighting until it turns."

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
To be fair there was a point where we tried to blatantly milk lots of restarts - no better way to get a ref offside than treat him like he’s stupid.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
To be fair there was a point where we tried to blatantly milk lots of restarts - no better way to get a ref offside than treat him like he’s stupid.
The only straight killing was Egans pass. Which still should have been a penalty. Every other time we were justified, the ref just ignored it.
Egan was tackled by an offside player on the line, didn't even get a penalty, let alone a sin bin.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
In cricket you appeal .
We don't appeal there is no pointing out to the ref
He's given us 5 penalties an we are due
I honestly wish we had a clue .some clue any clue
But no we got rog

Reactions: Fearmuss

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
Sad how Roger seems to be going backwards.
This is a fallacy and it brasses me off when people claim it.
RTS is a grouse player but still overrated! When at the Roosters he benefited from playing alongside stacked side and with the Warriors he looked far better with SJ alongside.
But Tommy Turbo and Teddy are better and don't forget Ponga or Gutherson..
If he'd just caught that kick..

Last edited:

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
listening to Payten talk. He starts with after leading 12 nil we softened - that was when Jazz came on.

The reason i originally thought Jazz would be good this year is his energy would carry the warriors down the park and into the 20 for attacking play. However this year that has not been an issue and now he is a solution to a problem that the warriors no longer have.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
i cant understand how the bunker can get it wrong? They put a player in there to oversee it, so that it would be run as the players would expect and they got it wrong. Now we have referees in there by themselves and they get it wrong. The commentators usually have the right answer on limited views and limited replays but the bunker still gets it wrong.

I have said this before the reffing system is broken when the guy in the back is looking for reasons to deny the onfield call. He should review whats infront of him and call it without bias. Paint black over all the shirts and dont let him watch any of the rest of the fucken game if thats what it takes. The refs have admitted to planning their calls against players in the past based on historical games. This has to stop. Refs should never try and predict a players actions before the game. Ref whats in front of you each and every time, act and think like you support neither team, not like you have bets on at the TAB.

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
Just watched the Annesley video, standing on the fence on the call.
Made me laugh when he said “it was a 50/50 call. Some people see it as a try some don’t”.....What I find funny is that if you never get a call it’s hard to call them 50/50. Whilst we played average it’s hard to swallow that one as there were a lot of decisions that didn’t go our way. Even a couple of minutes from the end: Fusitua legs being taken in the air & Don knocking it into a player in front. That’s 2 easy penalties 5 minutes from the end when we’re winning. I honestly can’t understand why referring in the NRL is so inconsistent! If cam smith did what Egan did 100% that’s a penalty.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Made me laugh when he said “it was a 50/50 call. Some people see it as a try some don’t”.....What I find funny is that if you never get a call it’s hard to call them 50/50. Whilst we played average it’s hard to swallow that one as there were a lot of decisions that didn’t go our way. Even a couple of minutes from the end: Fusitua legs being taken in the air & Don knocking it into a player in front. That’s 2 easy penalties 5 minutes from the end when we’re winning. I honestly can’t understand why referring in the NRL is so inconsistent! If cam smith did what Egan did 100% that’s a penalty.

He introduces it by saying Foggarty "gets his hands on the ball", and "the defender (Hetherington) starts to make the tackle thinking he is in possession of the ball". Which he is in possession! That's all that needed to be said - a legitimate tackle and try every day of the week. By saying it is a 50/50 call it is introducing doubt which should never be there. As Gus said, the game in not played in slow motion. You can slow it down frame by frame to see if the player has put their foot on the line, but never when someone is the motion of making a tackle when the opposition player has his hands on the ball. Ever. EVER.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Actually I thought he bounced it but they never showed that angle

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
He introduces it by saying Foggarty "gets his hands on the ball", and "the defender (Hetherington) starts to make the tackle thinking he is in possession of the ball". Which he is in possession! That's all that needed to be said - a legitimate tackle and try every day of the week. By saying it is a 50/50 call it is introducing doubt which should never be there. As Gus said, the game in not played in slow motion. You can slow it down frame by frame to see if the player has put their foot on the line, but never when someone is the motion of making a tackle when the opposition player has his hands on the ball. Ever. EVER.
I can’t believe I’m going to agree with someone quoting Phil Gould 🤣

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
In cricket you appeal .
We don't appeal there is no pointing out to the ref
He's given us 5 penalties an we are due
I honestly wish we had a clue .some clue any clue
But no we got rog

Yeah Cam would have been in the refs ear, at every break, pointing out how they are holding down in the ruck etc.

Rog just ain’t that guy so we lose a tool that would provide some advantage.

Melbourne Storm Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings