Votes: 14 12.8%
  • F-

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Lawton an Jazz are different Lawton can play hooker an center an the halves
As well so I think he is more useful than Jazz .

They clearly see Jazz as that Radley/Murray ball playing lock - certainly the commentary team likes to wank on about it when they mention it. I don't think he's a good distributor though - for me he falls more into the Paul Gallen, ball hog / kill the play style lock.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Genuine question: can someone explain how this isn't an obstruction? Upon watching it again, Beale doesn't commit to the tackle at all, Farnworth just smashes right into him. I feel like I must be missing something.

View attachment 42803
the question isnt why isnt that an obstruction the question is why did they change the rules to make the warriors one an obstruction. Dont care which way they play it, just want consistency from the bunker.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
To the letter of the law he has run at the 'inside shoulder' of Beale. The onus is on Beale to slide and if he decides to tackle then it is a defensive decision.

If you stop in the line (which papalii did by falling) or attack the outside shoulder then the defense is impeded.
yet it looks like the broncos player has his arm extended to impede beale in the photo supplied, while beale has his arms free and forward like he is trying to run, irrelevant of which side he gets hit on, if the broncos stop him from playing by wrapping him up, thats obstruction. A bit like in the second obstruction/no obstruction call they ignored that the play had moved on and that the slip had no impact on the rest of the play.

So my complaint is that while the letter of the law is being applied, the purpose of the rule is being ignored, its about making sure the defenders are not impeded in their attempt to stop the play. The inside outside argument is all about making sure the runner is not stopping the chaser from getting a fair opportunity, the arm from the broncos does that, the slip and fall happens after the ball has moved past the defender and he has no ability to stop play so it doesnt impact it. IMO.

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
yet it looks like the broncos player has his arm extended to impede beale in the photo supplied, while beale has his arms free and forward like he is trying to run, irrelevant of which side he gets hit on, if the broncos stop him from playing by wrapping him up, thats obstruction. A bit like in the second obstruction/no obstruction call they ignored that the play had moved on and that the slip had no impact on the rest of the play.

So my complaint is that while the letter of the law is being applied, the purpose of the rule is being ignored, its about making sure the defenders are not impeded in their attempt to stop the play. The inside outside argument is all about making sure the runner is not stopping the chaser from getting a fair opportunity, the arm from the broncos does that, the slip and fall happens after the ball has moved past the defender and he has no ability to stop play so it doesnt impact it. IMO.

Im not sure. Can't really judge it from a still photo. Would need to see it again in live motion but I'm comfortable with the calls

Reactions: gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Im not sure. Can't really judge it from a still photo. Would need to see it again in live motion but I'm comfortable with the calls
Admittedly i was comfortable on game day with the first one, the photo made me think again. The no try however i thought was wrong.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
I'm a bit dubious about the effectiveness of the HIA rules
I'm all for players coming off an player welfare
But surely only having 4 players on he bench needs to be looked at
Maybe name a player for HIA replacement only .
Because we have now seen a few games with the bench down to 1 or 2
Left .an tired players are probably more prone to putting their heads in the wrong
Place just a thought I had .

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Left .an tired players are probably more prone to putting their heads in the wrong
Totally agree but HIA is here to stay. The amount of former league and rugby players coming down with dementia is scary.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I agree with your thought around an extra player named specifically for an HIA replacement. And to avoid the Isaac Luke situation in the weekend which was crazy as he was in just as bad shape as Nikorima, the assessments need to be done exclusively by a completely independent doctor so that things are consistent. That will also negate any attempts at flouting the replacement rule by clubs.

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

It's a joke and the NRL's position on it is way too lax imo. Half the players that come back on after 'passing' HIA tests have no business being no the pitch. We now have a better understanding of how bad constant head trauma and multiple concussions can be later in life. If someone is knocked unconscious, there's no way they should be coming back on the field. Extending the bench or having some players specifically designated as HIA replacements would go some way to dealing with this.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Totally agree but HIA is here to stay. The amount of former league and rugby players coming down with dementia is scary.
It seems like they have put no thought at all into it .
I'm all for player safety .
Just needs to be a better system in place .
I'd hate to see a watered down version of our game .
But independent HIA checks is a must
An a HIA replacement
An no lattrel fus situations let go .
Would be a good place to start

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
OMG my head still hurts. Does anyone feel there is an age where your body just says no to alcohol and that's why you just don't drink normally?

Well being at my home ground, I had a blow out.

We slinked in next door where the Club is and despite dining at one of the resteraunts, I found myself celebrating liquid style.

I was just very proud. Showed some true grit.

In all honesty the Warriors could easily make a Stadium and a club in Gosford there second home ground. There are PLENTY of Kiwis in Sydney and the train is a shed load easier to get to the ground than any public transport for anyone outside south Auckland and Mt Smart. Just saying.

We don't have a proper club in Auckland, ie one where the fans go to post match to eat drink and be merry and maybe a gig is on or you want to do some gambling, or you want to sit in the nightclub floor. Whatever your pleasure. We need that in Auckland and we could easily turn Gossy into our local, in agreement with Manly who seem to have forgotten then transition to a joint club with the bears.

Anyway, it wasn't just that we won, its who we beat and how we beat them, sure not 100% polished, but suddenly we have an offensive game. Let the boys play their natural game but keep SK's basic ball skills and discipline legacy remain as a core foundation.

Who knows, still a chance of the 8, eeeek, dear I have faith.

ja_weez

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2018
They clearly see Jazz as that Radley/Murray ball playing lock - certainly the commentary team likes to wank on about it when they mention it. I don't think he's a good distributor though - for me he falls more into the Paul Gallen, ball hog / kill the play style lock.
Totally agree with this. Jazz is a little guy who tries to play like a big guy. Don't get me wrong, I love his heart and effort he brings but he is no Radley/Murray. Doesn't have the speed, ball playing or play the ball speed.

I actually think Lawton has more chance to play that role (if the warriors value that). He's got more ball playing potential and has a bit of speed about him. I just worry about his body holding up playing that role

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
OMG my head still hurts. Does anyone feel there is an age where your body just says no to alcohol and that's why you just don't drink normally?

We slinked in next door where the Club is and despite dining at one of the resteraunts, I found myself celebrating liquid style.

In all honesty the Warriors could easily make a Stadium and a club in Gosford there second home ground. There are PLENTY of Kiwis in Sydney and the train is a shed load easier to get to the ground than any public transport for anyone outside south Auckland and Mt Smart. Just saying.

We don't have a proper club in Auckland, ie one where the fans go to post match to eat drink and be merry and maybe a gig is on or you want to do some gambling, or you want to sit in the nightclub floor. Whatever your pleasure. We need that in Auckland and we could easily turn Gossy into our local, in agreement with Manly who seem to have forgotten then transition to a joint club with the bears.

Anyway, it wasn't just that we won, its who we beat and how we beat them, sure not 100% polished, but suddenly we have an offensive game. Let the boys play their natural game but keep SK's basic ball skills and discipline legacy remain as a core foundation.

Yeah mate I know what you saying.Went many years ago to MSS to watch Warriors V Raiders & ended up in the Mad Butchers Lounge.What a fuckin disaster.Could not talk coz he took over the floor & threatened to have bouncers kick you out if you takin when he talked.Got a GNT for the missus & rum & coke for me.Cost was like $16.Fuck that.Never been back since

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

I have been there, I know what you mean, but it won't happen.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yeah mate I know what you saying.Went many years ago to MSS to watch Warriors V Raiders & ended up in the Mad Butchers Lounge.What a fuckin disaster.Could not talk coz he took over the floor & threatened to have bouncers kick you out if you takin when he talked.Got a GNT for the missus & rum & coke for me.Cost was like $16.Fuck that.Never been back since
The Mad Butchers Lounge is an acquired taste.

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings