• C

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • F-

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

PNG Kiwi

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 11, 2016
Typical Warriors you never know what team will turn up.
Even though it was the cellar dwellers playing, still plenty of drama. On paper the Broncos should have slaughtered us, but with our limited ability the boys hung in there.
Obviously the ref and bunker gave their sympathy vote to the Broncos.

We are a long way off the top 8 but dodging the spoon with a few wins would be good for us fans and obviously waiting for a head coach. Paton has the right attitude just not the experience.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Missed a lot of the comments but I was happy to see Lawton show that he is a footy player first, hooker last. I think he could do a good job at center competing on every play

I just like the energy he brings no matter where he plays, in a full strength line up makes him the ideal bench utility and SHOULD negate the need to ever go down Kearney's 3 little men on the bench nonsense again.

The critical part of me says there's still too many obvious holes we could pick the teeth out of in that performance but sod that...these boys are under strength, away from family, lost a coach, a couple of them told their no longer needed...they deserved that win.

Also whoever stole Maumalo's marbles after 20 minutes can u do it again at the start of the next game.....never seen him so angry....who knew he he loved marbles so much?

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Amongst a host of issues we're facing this season. The hectic injury toll, and the fact we can't seem to get combinations together for more than a week at a time isn't helping at all.
If we could have something resembling the below on the field for an extended period, we would be looking much more rounded.

1.Rog
2.Fus
3.Herb
4.Hiku
5.Ken
6.Niko
7.Green
8.Ah Mau
9.Roache
10.Blair
11.Katoa
12.Harris
13.Jazz

14. Lawton/Egan/CHT
15. Afoa
16. Paasi
17. JTB

Burr,Murchie, Papali'i,Beale

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Lawton was clearly brought in to shore up that left edge defence, and it showed with his 49 tackles. I'd persist with him at left centre when Katoa is back. Swapping Harris at lock for Jazz is a clear downgrade, Harris is huge there, 238 metres, 51 tackles. Jazz brings the tackles but not the runs. Not sure on Murchie in the second row though, he's responsible for what feels like at leas thalf our 6 again calls.

wrighty

Pass on jazz he can be injury depth
Think he due back next round

Green is a far better captain than rts
Also the captaincy made him play better. In cricket most people have a better average when they are captain as a cross sport parralell

Ken m was the difference between a win and a loss

That try off the bomb against hiku at fullback is not acceptable. If I were coach there would be consequences.

Adam Blair was phenomenal all and tackling munrchie all night tired them

Happy days in warriors land

Cht looked credible

Last edited by a moderator:

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Pass on jazz he can be injury depth
Think he due back next round

Green is a far better captain than rts
Also the captaincy made him play better. In cricket most people have a better average when they are captain as a cross sport parralell

Ken m was the difference between a win and a loss

That try off the bomb against hiku at fullback is not acceptable. If I were coach there would be consequences.

Adam Blair was phenomenal all and tackling munrchie all night tired them

Happy days in warriors land

Cht looked credible
I'm keen to see Jazz get a go at 13. The game is a lot faster now, there is much less wrestle. This plays into Jazz's skillset nicely, as he has a quick PTB and an offload. Having Katoa and Harris on the edges creates wide attacking threats, with Jazz creating ruck speed in the middle. Possibly Blair at 13 if we weren't short of Afoa and Ah Mau, but that won't happen this year so he has to stay prop.

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
Genuine question: can someone explain how this isn't an obstruction? Upon watching it again, Beale doesn't commit to the tackle at all, Farnworth just smashes right into him. I feel like I must be missing something.

View attachment 42803

To the letter of the law he has run at the 'inside shoulder' of Beale. The onus is on Beale to slide and if he decides to tackle then it is a defensive decision.

If you stop in the line (which papalii did by falling) or attack the outside shoulder then the defense is impeded.

wrighty

I'm keen to see Jazz get a go at 13. The game is a lot faster now, there is much less wrestle. This plays into Jazz's skillset nicely, as he has a quick PTB and an offload. Having Katoa and Harris on the edges creates wide attacking threats, with Jazz creating ruck speed in the middle. Possibly Blair at 13 if we weren't short of Afoa and Ah Mau, but that won't happen this year so he has to stay prop.
The old adage is don't change after a win
Also our wins are due to having big forwards
Some of our smaller guys like Blair are getting negative post contact meters as for whatever reasons the collision impact in the middle third is horrendously hard this year.

A lot of people said the new rules favour a mobile pack yet we are 3 and 3 since the covid break and our new warriors vision is our monster pack.

That said Lawton got a run in the forwards last night and jazz is better than him.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Some of our smaller guys like Blair are getting negative post contact meters as for whatever reasons the collision impact in the middle third is horrendously hard this year.

A lot of people said the new rules favour a mobile pack yet we are 3 and 3 since the covid break and our new warriors vision is our monster pack.

That said Lawton got a run in the forwards last night and jazz is better than him.
Lawton an Jazz are different Lawton can play hooker an center an the halves
As well so I think he is more useful than Jazz .

But I definitely agree about our monster pack .
Add in BMM ,Afoa an AhMau we will be creaming it

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
It’s on iTunes, Spotify and he posts it on this website - link here https://www.buzzsprout.com/888331

Wouldn’t get too excited though mate the bloke talks a lot of sh*t and had a soft spot for Kearney so a questionable character
That fullah has a sulk an doesn't post anything if we lose sometimes as well
I think another couple of seasons supporting the warriors an he will have lowered his expectations to the rest of our levels .
I see being a warriors fan as the opposite of a butterfly metamorphosis
We start out sunning our wings dreaming of infinite possibilities an eventually end up crawling into a cocoon hoping it gets better ..

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart

I understand it's an unpopular opinion on the forum, as Jazz is seen as too small. But Hetherinton showed we were lacking leg speed around the middle, and Jazz adds that too. He obviously won't start after such a long lay off, he may not even get a bench spot. Will be interesting to see where Payton sees him fitting in if at all. I trust Payton's choices at this stage though, so we will se over the next few weeks with Katoa, Burr, and Jazz coming back into the mix.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I understand it's an unpopular opinion on the forum, as Jazz is seen as too small. But Hetherinton showed we were lacking leg speed around the middle, and Jazz adds that too. He obviously won't start after such a long lay off, he may not even get a bench spot. Will be interesting to see where Payton sees him fitting in if at all. I trust Payton's choices at this stage though, so we will se over the next few weeks with Katoa, Burr, and Jazz coming back into the mix.

No reason why Burr should return

pbrown01123

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Mar 12, 2018
Ask Hardyman's Yugo about the Challenge Final way back last century when a guy missed the winning conversion from right in front...now that was worth crying for.:sorry:
Deryck Fox
In the words of the immortal Eddie Wareing, 'oh, the poor boy'

• Love
Reactions: bruce

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player