Votes: 4 4.4%
  • C

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • F#@*!!!

Votes: 63 69.2%

• Total voters
Noitall

Noitall

Exactly. The Blues being so successful this year shows us that with the right coaching setup and the right recruitment and development it is possible to dramatically turn things around.
Blues had the same coaching staff last year, it's the recruitment of Barrett that's changed their fortunes. Not his playing either, just the belief the team has in itself at the moment with him there.

Reactions: 3 users
Tedster

Tedster

Slight side note and may have already been on here - kudos to Bellamy/Smith/Hoffman who went into the warriors sheds after the game, Melbourne get a bad wrap but thought that was pretty cool - saw Roger Tuivasa-Sheck looking at Bellamy like man, wish you would come here and harden us the feck up. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Herbert getting a little bit of stick but i actually think he tries his heart out, doesn't drop his bundle and the no try when he dropped the ball was a bit high. Hiku/Nikorima as pointed out on here were very disappointing, Nikorima becoming like Johnson became, pretty inconsistent - can blow hot and cold. Well, thats my 10c worth anyhoo.

Reactions: 16 users

wrighty

Mate as a new supporter, you are well ahead of your time. It took me 23 years to get to that point in 2017, so I commend you on such a fast trasition to protect your mental health. If you keep up with that, and avoid live game threads you will live a healthy life. At the end of the day you just need to take a step back, and realise it's only footy. That way it doesn't ruin your weekend.
Thanks Stalefish720 and also thanks to tajhay as he and one or two others counselled me and offered advice on the correct lens to view the games with.

This will all sound ridiculous but before the panthers game I counted down the days until Friday and my little heart rode every play. After the match I became emotionally distraught and realised was not in a good way and I my cognition became impaired. My mother became concerned about my mental health the next day and I came online and discussed it with the brothers who "heard me" and offered solutions.

This comment here from you "protect your mental health" is germane as health became a concern at one point for me.

Plays last night where Roger Tuivasa-Sheck made a high pass to Herbert that most wingers would catch and score from are typical warriors week in and week out mistakes that can be very mentally disturbing to watch if you are hoping for a victory. There were other errors as well of the keystone cops variety that can be painful to view for an ardent fan.

Lighthearted slightly disinterested viewing seems to allow you to both cheer when we score a great try and not be concerned when we show ineptness not in keeping with a professional level of play.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Thanks Stalefish720 and also thanks to tajhay as he and one or two others counselled me and offered advice on the correct lens to view the games with.

This will all sound ridiculous but before the panthers game I counted down the days until Friday and my little heart rode every play. After the match I became emotionally distraught and realised was not in a good way and I my cognition became impaired. My mother became concerned about my mental health the next day and I came online and discussed it with the brothers who "heard me" and offered solutions.

This comment here from you "protect your mental health" is germane as health became a concern at one point for me.

Plays last night where Roger Tuivasa-Sheck made a high pass to Herbert that most wingers would catch and score from are typical warriors week in and week out mistakes that can be very mentally disturbing to watch if you are hoping for a victory. There were other errors as well of the keystone cops variety that can be painful to view for an ardent fan.

Lighthearted slightly disinterested viewing seems to allow you to both cheer when we score a great try and not be concerned when we show ineptness not in keeping with a professional level of play.
Thats good to hear man. Doesn't sound ridiculous at all, for years and years I hung off every play from this club letting it affect relationships, my mental health, and missing all sorts of special events to watch the Warriors. Now if we were to follow the Storm or Roosters, this type of infatuation may be a lot more profitable mentally..but we chose the Warriors.
The mrs is pretty happy over the last 3 years that i've made this change, it's definitely an unhealthy way to live. Enjoy the wins, and gloss over the losses. Good luck.

Reactions: 8 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

His team selection going forward should be. He has said he will be picking on effort and defence. Let's see how that goes.

2-6 jerseys should be interesting. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck prob qualifies based on effort (over 250m today). Don't know where we getting these players who can defend from.
He said he's only got about 5 other players to pick from unfortunately. We'd need the likes of the Dragons to loan us Sailor or someone

Reactions: 2 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

It tells Hiku that there is more to Centre then just attack. Fix up, or fuck off.

it took CNK 1 year under Stuart to go from being worse than Hiku & completely lost defending in the line to being good enough to hold his own for the Kiwis playing out of position. Hiku'd had 140 games for 4 different clubs and has always been a shit defender, he's not going to learn now.

Herbert is the only one of the back 4 I'd keep next year and that's only on potential. Maumalo, Hiku and Fusitua are all shite at defence. Ken at least can go back to the forwards.

Reactions: 6 users

The Truth

Seems like we are trying to replicate the type of play that won premierships 5 years ago. The game has moved on and favours a faster pace, with more flair. How we used to play and ironically now we are the worst at it.
Exactly. This is why we should have never gone and tried to out Melbourne, Melbourne

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Those guys who do FIFO will understand how difficult it is doing a 30 day hitch even if it is your job and a double or triple hitch (which the team is doing) would be a nightmare.
Heyzeuss farking spare me. I have posted before about Kiwi tours which even in the 80s were over two months, back in the steamship days they were 6 months. This team is full of guys with no guts, not all of them, but enough of them.

Go sign some young guys with guts who will tackle 80 mins and see the crowds support the club no matter what the score. I fully accept that the Polynesian boys like the families but so did the Maori boys back in the old 6 months tours. What a load of total bullshit.

Reactions: 8 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Heyzeuss farking spare me. I have posted before about Kiwi tours which even in the 80s were over two months, back in the steamship days they were 6 months. This team is full of guys with no guts, not all of them, but enough of them.

Go sign some young guys with guts who will tackle 80 mins and see the crowds support the club no matter what the score. I fully accept that the Polynesian boys like the families but so did the Maori boys back in the old 6 months tours. What a load of total bullshit.
Bruce you are a smart fella, so i'm sure you can see it's glaringly obvious society has moved on from the steamship days. They arn't fighting on the battlefields of Gallipoli during the day, then heading down the road to play the Turkish top 13 at dusk.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
warriors55

warriors55

Blues had the same coaching staff last year, it's the recruitment of Barrett that's changed their fortunes. Not his playing either, just the belief the team has in itself at the moment with him there.

The point I was trying to make is that coaching and recruitment can turn things around. With the Blues last year there was a small improvement with the new coaching staff. This year a lot more improvement. Barrett would have instilled some belief in the team for sure but they would have performed well regardless.

No matter what coach we choose to lead us forward it is going to take 2-3 years to see the benefits.

If we choose the wrong coach now we can pretty much double that time frame as we will need to restart the process with a new coach in 3 years time.

Reactions: 5 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

I havent been watching this season since the resumption and Im not regretting it but I read the article saying Cameron Smith and others went into the Warriors dressing room to give them a pep talk after the game. If I was a player this would enrage me, it must be humiliating.

The Warriors are in a terrible situation, a sub-par team, under strength as well, and forced offshore for the season. They have no chance.

Reactions: 5 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
I havent been watching this season since the resumption and Im not regretting it but I read the article saying Cameron Smith and others went into the Warriors dressing room to give them a pep talk after the game. If I was a player this would enrage me, it must be humiliating.

The Warriors are in a terrible situation, a sub-par team, under strength as well, and forced offshore for the season. They have no chance.
sympathy votes man

you know you're shit when even the bloody opposition want to come to your dressing room to make sure you're ok....

this team are a bunch of pussies

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

sympathy votes man

you know you're shit when even the bloody opposition want to come to your dressing room to make sure you're ok....

this team are a bunch of pussies
I wouldnt go as far as calling the player pussies but to have a camera crew come into the changing rooms while the captain of the opposition, who just kicked your ass, gives you a motivational speech must have had the players thinking 'what the fuk is this shit'

Aussie media will love it because it makes Smith and Bellamy look like saints but Warriors players surely thought it was just another kick in the guts

I can almost guarantee that if Smiths team had oppositions players coming in to "help", he would not appreciate it

Reactions: 11 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Its a weak move brother.

Look at Tony Iro

Eyes wide Open

Maumalo has the "who the fuck are you ?" Connor McGregor sway about him... I like

Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith addresses the Warriors locker room. Photo / Photosport

• Love
  • Haha
Lance155

Lance155

I get they just got thrashed but the old arms crossed is the biggest sign they ain't listening to shit

Reactions: 3 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Its a weak move brother.

Look at Tony Iro

Eyes wide Open

Maumalo has the "who the fuck are you ?" Connor McGregor sway about him... I like

Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith addresses the Warriors locker room. Photo / Photosport

Is this photoshopped or did Cam Smith actually go into the Warriors changing rooms and give them a pep talk after his team just smoked them?

Reactions: 1 user