• C

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • F#@*!!!

Votes: 63 69.2%

• Total voters
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Back to the game, reasonable start but our weaknesses soon exposed. No coach is going to fix that in the short term.
We could honestly give them the nickname "The Claytons". The team you have when you don't have a team...and ain't that the truth.

Reactions: 1 user
defensivebomb

defensivebomb

It would be pretty hard spending your career hating everything Cameron Smith does every single time you play him, getting in your ear and the ref's ear and doing little cheap things every single game, and then listening to him in person after his team has thrashed you.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
WA supporter

WA supporter

Contributor
We could honestly give them the nickname "The Claytons". The team you have when you don't have a team...and ain't that the truth.
Ha ha. Good one,Bruce. Now we can all get some sleep. As memory serves!

• Haha
bruce

bruce

Contributor
It would be pretty hard spending your career hating everything Cameron Smith does every single time you play him, getting in your ear and the ref's ear and doing little cheap things every single game, and then listening to him in person after his team has thrashed you.
Exactly, if that doesn't motivate them nothing will.

rocketman

I don't no if its just me but i would love to be staying in a five star resort with a swimming pool and good weather and no family and get paid for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

wrighty

I think I will make up my mind about Peyton after next week. Here are some good decisions he made

1) Beale to centre herbert to wing
2) Ice ahead of Curran, At first was bewildered by that decision but after seeing the shape Curran was in Peyton made the right call
3) Harris to lock is inspired. He changed the position last night from a tackle bot one to a wide scoping play maker
4) Tevita looked as credible at hooker as anyone else who has played there this year

Apart from his decisions he, according to you blokes, floated a theory that he wants good defenders in his side. If we can start just by being good at one thing then we can build from there.

It is too soon to say anything conclusive about him but after next tuesday's team sheet we will an inkling as to what we have our hands on here as a coach.

Reactions: 3 users

hacksaw

Cameron George is a liability. He knows zilch about League, he came from a racing background and was useless there. He is a "Flash Harry" who sounds good but talks crap.

The Warriors need a CEO who knows something about the game.

Reactions: 7 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Apart from his decisions he, according to you blokes, floated a theory that he wants good defenders in his side. If we can start just by being good at one thing then we can build from there.
That's basically the Process for the last 4 years, our defence had improved overall until the last few games believe it or not. Need a real coach who can sort both defence & offence, even if Peyton is that guy we won't see it with the current roster.

gpred

gpred

Contributor
Anyone hear the quote from Big Mal, just now?

"If you can't handle honesty within your own corridor, within your own four walls, then maybe you shouldn't be playing the game"

Great quote from the great man, and very relevant to our club. Perhaps more so than any.

Reactions: 6 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

Another week, another blatant dud call on the Warriors:

A6137463 C315 44B2 9AA9 C3BFEA5DF8A5

Sent up as a try so the bunker needs conclusive evidence to over rule. Notice the fingers flexing backwards from the downwards pressure. There was no separation watching slowly. There is no bounce that you get with a ball not forced. I’ve watched it over and over in slow motion and it’s a definite try.

The bunker has to go with the refs onfield call as a try... but doesn’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Sent up as a try so the bunker needs conclusive evidence to over rule.

I agree it's a try. but that's not the rule anymore. The bunker makes an independant call and only uses the refs call if their vision is obscured. It's supposed to enable the bunker to make a faster decision, but that doesn't stop them taking an age anytime one of ours is sent up

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

wrighty

Cameron George is a liability. He knows zilch about League, he came from a racing background and was useless there. He is a "Flash Harry" who sounds good but talks crap.

Fantastic anyone who is an enemy of George is a friend of mine. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: 2 users

wrighty

Another week, another blatant dud call on the Warriors:

View attachment 42760

Sent up as a try so the bunker needs conclusive evidence to over rule. Notice the fingers flexing backwards from the downwards pressure. There was no separation watching slowly. There is no bounce that you get with a ball not forced. I’ve watched it over and over in slow motion and it’s a definite try.

That would have changed the match.

When we start winning we will get better calls. Bottom feeder teams in very pro sports league all over the world get dud calls from the ref or umpire.

The following statement is a very controversial one to say in New Zealand territory but the All Blacks legacy is built partly on their halo impacting the ref and giving them better reffing decisions than the other test match team.

The penalty count for the All Blacks historically is quite in their favour when I looked it up.

The whole world loves a winner and hates a loser. This situation is in the warriors control.
A) start winning despite dud calls
B) stop doing boneheaded key stone cops mistakes that feed everyone's perception that we suck and deserve to lose. Once when I was umpiring a game of cricket I chose not to give the benefit of the doubt to one of my tail end batsman on an lbw even though there was a small hint of an inside edge. I made the call because I was disgusted with his technique and innings and it hit square in front of middle at ankle height.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor

He has played the game - not NRL but he knows the game. He may be a liability but at least he fights for the team

Reactions: 1 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

I seen the photo of him taking time out of his day to talk to our boys
An I can see from the body language .That they are not going to learn an progress
Cam Smith hate him all you want but he knows this game inside an out .
He's not the most athletic or the fastest he's just a very very high IQ footy
Player .an his speciality is in onfield communication an he is the greatest captain in the NRL .

Iv had to sit in on meetings where our managers have had to address workers abouts Issues an their are people who take it on board an ones who don't ..
An there were only a few players taking it onboard .as you can clearly see in that photo.

That game wasn't lost by a lack heart our boys showed heaps of heart in the first half it was lost by not being able to adapt .
Our reliance on physically superior athletic players will come unstuck time an time again .We need communicators an players that can listen an understand .
An execute..

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

Anyone hear the quote from Big Mal, just now?

"If you can't handle honesty within your own corridor, within your own four walls, then maybe you shouldn't be playing the game"

Great quote from the great man, and very relevant to our club. Perhaps more so than any.
I'm a huge fan of Mel .An I read an article while he was at his peak .
In it he was talking about a key point in his career an how the green machine had evolved .
He said he was giving his forwards an absolute lashing about not making meters while waiting for a conversion to be kicked .an one of his forwards told him your bigger than us you run it .Bottom line is he listened an made changes .So you can tell he practices what he preaches .To stop arguing in mid rant an say ok fair point
Is very rear an nobody has disrespected his captaincy legacy .

wallacenz

wallacenz

I seen the photo of him taking time out of his day to talk to our boys
An I can see from the body language .That they are not going to learn an progress
Cam Smith hate him all you want but he knows this game inside an out .
He's not the most athletic or the fastest he's just a very very high IQ footy
Player .an his speciality is in onfield communication an he is the greatest captain in the NRL .

Iv had to sit in on meetings where our managers have had to address workers abouts Issues an their are people who take it on board an ones who don't ..
An there were only a few players taking it onboard .as you can clearly see in that photo.

That game wasn't lost by a lack heart our boys showed heaps of heart in the first half it was lost by not being able to adapt .
Our reliance on physically superior athletic players will come unstuck time an time again .We need communicators an players that can listen an understand .
An execute..
what was Smith saying? we really have no idea what he said but I bet Smith himself, in that situation, would not want the opposition captain coming into the changing rooms and talking to his players

It seems like a complete vote of no confidence in the Warriors leadership by the Storm

Last edited:
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
what was Smith saying? we really have no idea what he said but I bet Smith himself, in that situation, would not want the opposition captain coming into the changing rooms and talking to his players
I'm not a lip reader sorry mate, but heres a front on view if you or someone else on the forum may be.

• Haha
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

It seems like a complete vote of no confidence in the Warriors leadership by the Storm
From a guy that has spent his off seasons at NFL clubs to study kicking an professionalism .has spent time at the crusaders an other sports clubs
I think he wouldnt kick them out if the roles were reversed .

But yeah everything is going so well for us you guys are right we should just keep on with how we do things.

An you don't think for a second Payton didn't invite them in to talk?

Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon

I'm lucky to be old enough to remember the Auckland Rugby League team before the Warriors, great days