Votes: 34 37.8%
  • F

Votes: 49 54.4%

• Total voters

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
We need a team approach on D.

We need structures to advance downfield. Not one but many different methods.

We need to be fitter, faster and more endurant.

We need to be more intelligent.

We need to buy a decent set of halves or develop a pair of outstanding leaders who play in the halves.

Fuck this is a repeat of other shit starts/years.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
We need a team approach on D.

We need structures to advance downfield. Not one but many different methods.

We need to be fitter, faster and more endurant.

We need to be more intelligent.

We need to buy a decent set of halves or develop a pair of outstanding leaders who play in the halves.

Fuck this is a repeat of other shit starts/years.
didn't they make a movie about this called "Ground Hog Day"

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
We need to get out of this 2nd rower on the wing syndrome.
We have no speed out wide.
Unless they have size speed and agility like Nick Cotric ,Vunivalu ,Bayley Simonson etc I would be happy.
Just watching the likes of Jordan Pereira,Sione Katoa,Brian To'o and Ikavalu.
These nuggety kids are busy fast workhorse's.
They are outstanding.
Give Paul Turner or Setu Tu a shot SK.
Knowing you,we will see ATG on the flank instead.

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
Why in gods name does he play Fus at Centre and Pompey on wing.

Pompey is the definition of slow.

Centres should be Perham and AK. Fus and Maumalo on the wings

Id drop green, he is done, give Turner a crack instead.

As is we barely gonna score a point or win a game this year so might as well roll the dice on some young players

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
Why in gods name does he play Fus at Centre and Pompey on wing.

Pompey is the definition of slow.

Centres should be Perham and AK. Fus and Maumalo on the wings

Id drop green, he is done, give Turner a crack instead.

As is we barely gonna score a point or win a game this year so might as well roll the dice on some young players

We definitely need more speed in the back line. AK looks like he has got it. RTS has good acceleration. No one else though.

Knowing Kearney as soon as Beale or Herbert become available AK will be straight out of the team again.

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
Only watched bits and pieces of the game, but saw Fus get owned 3 times in 1 play at the end by Crocker, he looked he couldn't be bothered putting any effort in to tackle him or run after him wen he missed him twice.
Was that his attitude during the whole game?

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Like everyone else I thought Katoa was superb - reminds me a bit of Kikau and is exactly the young talent we need coming through.

That aside, we’ve had any remaining flair within the side coached out of us. Have gone on enough about Green & Blair, so won’t bother saying more, however agree that we need to just play the younger blokes who are either still at NRL standard or can get there with experience.

While it’s a big disruption, I’m hoping like crazy that covid-19 isn’t used as an excuse by management and the owners, & that Kearney is shown the door soon... however not holding my breath. I liked Sticky’s comments before the match - they’re paid to play league so get on with it, no sympathy from him!

Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
May 29, 2012
Sydney
[st: 823846, member: 4159"]
Like everyone else I thought Katoa was superb - reminds me a bit of Kikau and is exactly the young talent we need coming through.

That aside, we’ve had any remaining flair within the side coached out of us. Have gone on enough about Green & Blair, so won’t bother saying more, however agree that we need to just play the younger blokes who are either still at NRL standard or can get there with experience.

While it’s a big disruption, I’m hoping like crazy that covid-19 isn’t used as an excuse by management and the owners, & that Kearney is shown the door soon... however not holding my breath. I liked Sticky’s comments before the match - they’re paid to play league so get on with it, no sympathy from him!
[/QUOTE]

The difference is Kikau has support runners.

If you are going to make a rookie your go to, at least give him every opportunity to succeed and leverage his skill - dude had ball in arm ready to pass the majority of the time....no runners.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
We've got an absolute future superstar in Katoa and he is holding his own now. We may have a rethink on Jack Murchie and have more to spend on a top tier prop.
First 25 mins we were the dominant team and they obviously felt it passing up a penalty right in front. Really showing having no punch coming off the bench. Good to watch RTS spray Vuniyayawa on a soft dropped ball to how he responded and finished the game with some strong carries.
I like the look of us with some cattle back.
Fitness looked concerning but both teams struggled at times in 35 degree heat.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Honestly, what did CHT do last year that had him anointed as the chosen one? Put on a big hit, not look like a turnstile in D?

Green is passed it. He's a decent compliment, not a number one.

Maumalo and RTS are struggling because teams have figured it out and nobody on our team has a brain or ability to think on the fly.

Maumalo always gets the ball on the second tackle. It's so predictable 3-4 players from the defence can sprint out of the line and limit his metres to stop us getting on the front foot.

Unfortunately for the stat gobblers, once Maumalo's run metres drops down to the average winger, the rest of his game that is subpar for a winger gets badly exposed.

Pompey tried hard, but he's a slower, taller Herbert.

AK has always shown enthusiasm in whatever position he plays, but he's not one of Kearney's anointed ones so he won't last.

Egan - Meh, would rather have AK/Lawton tbh. 80 minutes of enthusiasm from those two and a genuinely running threat.

Props are getting dominated, but what can we do? Injuries and lack of quality hurts.

Blair - lol time to go.

Harris/Katoa - pretty much our only bright spot. It's just a shame our props can't get us on the front foot and our halves are so slow they can't drag defenders inward to give either of these guys a fair running lane to work with.

Papali'i - Either the guy is starting or not in the 17. Zero impact off the bench is a waste.

Nikorima - Shame he's so small and gets exposed in D as he looks like the one guy who might create half a chance from our spine outside RTS

Kearney - Time's up

If I've missed anyone - Meh, they're not memorable enough to critique.

Worst Warriors side in history with one of the worst NRL coaches in history.

Summed it up perfectly, only thing I’d add is get Fus back on the wing ASAP the centre experiment is exactly the same as last time- he’s trash there

Reactions: Mr Frank White

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I debated making seperate posts for my completely different points but decided to go with the following, bear with me despite how unconnected the points are:

1) Thought AK looked the business as centre. As in an NRL standard centre. Leave him there. He is a substandard half or at least he was when I saw him in first grade and ISP at half last year. He also, as others have noticed, was the ISP centre of the year, while I doubt he would have won awards for his work in the halves.

2) The four cu**s in quarantine who will play not next week but the following week are: Paasi, Curran, Jazz, Beale. Hopefully not Beale although how much worse on the wing could he be than Pompey or Herbert so who cares as long as he doesn't get a centre spot.
If Jazz and Curran both play, and Blair plays like Shit again this week then we could potentially see a pack like this
8 Paasi
9 Egan
10 LAM
11 Katoa
12 Harris
13 Jazz

14 Curran
15 JTB
16 Papa
17 Kodi

With no Blair in sight.

I think we need Curran for the potential line breaks and support play.

3) My understanding is that Hiku and Herbert are done for the season so they can be with their wives and infant children.

4) tajhay where has this Lachlan Timm emerged from? He is not a Warrior member is he?

5) JaggedJ I am still new and want to learn. What, in detail, is the difference between the 6 and 7 roles and which of these two roles is each of our dudes: Green, CHT, and Kodi best suited to. I asking because I am thinking Green and CHT need to switch. CHT needs to first handler and Green second.

6) Was it just me or did others think that Papa looked good off the bench. His best game in 18 months.

7) Our players are better on paper than last year but the team is considerably worse

Reactions: Worried2Death

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
King was strong, had a terrible start.
His defence is solid,saw King snap heads back again this week.
Persist with him,there's more diamonds than rocks with this kid.
Curran dont defend that hard,but his energy and enthusiasm is inspiring.

mtsmart

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2013
Prepare for a disastrous season and hope the competition is called off.

If the competition is called off we would have to put up with a smug SK banging on about how the Warriors could've won the comp this year but were never given the chance. At least if the season is completed the Warriors would've won the wooden spoon and SK exposed as the fake coach he is.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings