General NRL 2020 Round 2 - General Discussion

Stalefish540

CovidWarriors-20
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Thanks for that. Wonder how his form was that particular year?
I guess they're looking to Blake Green to be a player/mentor to these young guys and I understand Nathan Brown was brought in to work with the hookers and halves.

There you go, nowonder my details are hazey and wrong it was almost a decade ago in 2011.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019

There you go, nowonder my details are hazey and wrong it was almost a decade ago in 2011.
That's the year we made the final. From 2012-2015 he worked with manly and they made another final after beating us in 2011 and semis and preliminaries. He then was with the roosters from 2016-2019 and they had 1 season where they missed the 8. He said a Cronk led roosters was a "frightening proposition". Also just apart of an origin series win.
I know he can't take credit for all those results but he knows his shit.
Thanks for digging that up, so interesting in hindsight that he stressed "potential" when talking about SJ. SJ never put the extras in that it took to go to the next level like sacrificing some of his time off in pre season and returning early.

tajhay

Miss the old Warriors
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
At least we can see that POS in charge of recruitment is identifying talent early even if we're not landing them. Dylan Brown looks the goods though Moses is playing well also.
Moses was offered to us by Parra. We said no and baulked at his contract price to take over.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Moses was offered to us by Parra. We said no and baulked at his contract price to take over.
Him and Norman didn't set the world alight but i reckon Dylan Brown is the difference. His passing is so crisp. Glad he's gonna be in a kiwis jerseys in the future.

Stalefish540

CovidWarriors-20
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
If he came to the Warriors he likely becomes sooky Tigers tank games to get sacked Moses, not demon with a point to prove Moses. Remember when he was screaming at his team mates in '17 I think it was? Imagine how that would go down with our lot, they'd quickly extinguish his Survivor torch just like Corvo.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Josh Papalii was mentioned as well. Of course our cry baby supporters cried about it lol. Moses - To skinny, Bad attitude, Can't tackle. Papalii - To fat & Lazy.
Moses is the form half in the comp. Papalii the best prop.
On the flip side, If they came here they would be to lazy & fat with bad attitudes by now.
If we can ruin RTS we can do it to everyone else who comes here.

Stalefish540

CovidWarriors-20
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
If he came to the Warriors he likely becomes sooky Tigers tank games to get sacked Moses, not demon with a point to prove Moses. Remember when he was screaming at his team mates in '17 I think it was? Imagine how that would go down with our lot, they'd quickly extinguish his Survivor torch just like Corvo.
This is disturbingly cynical(although likely true) haha

I am self quarantining myself from commenting for awhile.

Goodluck out there people, stay safe!!

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
This is disturbingly cynical(although likely true) haha

I am self quarantining myself from commenting for awhile.

Goodluck out there people, stay safe!!
Don’t bottle it up for too long

Sometimes it’s good to get these things off your chest early

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Him and Norman didn't set the world alight but i reckon Dylan Brown is the difference. His passing is so crisp. Glad he's gonna be in a kiwis jerseys in the future.
The common denominator has been that idiot Norman, did fuck all at the Broncs, shit himself in the major semi Parra v Cows, and hasn't been sighted at Saints except for the fucking stupid blonde wig he's wearing.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
The common denominator has been that idiot Norman, did fuck all at the Broncs, shit himself in the major semi Parra v Cows, and hasn't been sighted at Saints except for the fucking stupid blonde wig he's wearing.
Moses didn't gel with Luke Brooks either at the Tigers. Much better player from then to now though. Agree about Norman.

Reactions: Worried2Death

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
That's the year we made the final. From 2012-2015 he worked with manly and they made another final after beating us in 2011 and semis and preliminaries. He then was with the roosters from 2016-2019 and they had 1 season where they missed the 8. He said a Cronk led roosters was a "frightening proposition". Also just apart of an origin series win.
I know he can't take credit for all those results but he knows his shit.
Thanks for digging that up, so interesting in hindsight that he stressed "potential" when talking about SJ. SJ never put the extras in that it took to go to the next level like sacrificing some of his time off in pre season and returning early.
Johns worked with us in 2012.

Your dates are off. Johns is a curse wherever he goes...

Reactions: Kestrel84 and zegy

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
NRL are talking about a 3 game final series, wild cards and wooden spoon playoffs.
If this season does get off the ground again it's going to be a freak show.
Not sure if winning the comp would hold as much prestige this year.

Reactions: wizards rage