General NRL 2020 Round 2 - General Discussion

Warrior#214

Warrior#214

Enjoying these two tight games SYD v MAN and MEL v CRO - I have a question though - Has the rule changed on flopping on a tackled player after the tackles complete? Its happened about once every set in these two games. Fifita is a classic but they all do it. Seems like the easiest thing to tidy up!!

Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Anyone watching this try fest between the tigers&newcastle?

I think we might have a chance against the tigers - if we’re still playing in 2 weeks...

Tigers are old, slow and broken

Reactions: 1 user
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

AFL have suspended their season because of the domestic travel restrictions.... surely only a matter of time before the NRL do the same.

unless they were actually serious about relocating everyone to some central Queensland location where all teams are housed and will play games there.

enterthewarrior

Anyone watching this try fest between the tigers&newcastle?

I think we might have a chance against the tigers - if we’re still playing in 2 weeks...

Tigers are old, slow and broken
I reckon the Tigers will still beat us.

Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
AFL have suspended their season because of the domestic travel restrictions.... surely only a matter of time before the NRL do the same.

unless they were actually serious about relocating everyone to some central Queensland location where all teams are housed and will play games there.
Nrl has a private jet flying players around

Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
unfortunately I cant see us getting the spoon fellas

the titans are diabolical

Reactions: 1 users
Noitall

Noitall

Yep it was pretty impressive. The Paramatta halves are pretty elite as well.
At least we can see that POS in charge of recruitment is identifying talent early even if we're not landing them. Dylan Brown looks the goods though Moses is playing well also.
Every year I hear about the johns boys working with the halves of different clubs in the off season and seeing those halves pairings have success. Have we ever brought them over to spend an off season with our halves does anybody know? I remember Andrew Johns speaking really highly of Shaun Johnson years ago and scathing when he didn't reach the heights he thought he should have got to.
Cooper Cronk is another I would like to see spend some time with our halves.

warriors55

warriors55

At least we can see that POS in charge of recruitment is identifying talent early even if we're not landing them. Dylan Brown looks the goods though Moses is playing well also.
Every year I hear about the johns boys working with the halves of different clubs in the off season and seeing those halves pairings have success. Have we ever brought them over to spend an off season with our halves does anybody know? I remember Andrew Johns speaking really highly of Shaun Johnson years ago and scathing when he didn't reach the heights he thought he should have got to.

Brown definitely looks the good and him and Moses seem to complement each other well. Both of them are young and if Paramatta can keep hold of them long term they are looking in good shape. Especially now they have strengthened their pack as well.

Cronk would be the perfect guy to spend with our halves. His football IQ is through the roof and could teach our young halves about how to control a game.

Reactions: 1 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Joey did some work with Shaun Johnson one pre season over here, I couldn't tell you which one it was though sorry as awhile ago. Cronk is part of the actual Roosters coaching staff, I don't think he does freelance stuff.

Noitall

Noitall

Joey did some work with Shaun Johnson one pre season over here, I couldn't tell you which one it was though sorry as awhile ago. Cronk is part of the actual Roosters coaching staff, I don't think he does freelance stuff.
Thanks for that. Wonder how his form was that particular year?
I guess they're looking to Blake Green to be a player/mentor to these young guys and I understand Nathan Brown was brought in to work with the hookers and halves.

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Thanks for that. Wonder how his form was that particular year?
I guess they're looking to Blake Green to be a player/mentor to these young guys and I understand Nathan Brown was brought in to work with the hookers and halves.
I don't think it was a fulltime gig that he currently has with Parra this year working with Moses/Brown. Understandably due to the travel factor, it was probably a handful of clinics a few days at a time you'd imagine. Not sure if that would have had a huge effect, given it wasn't constant coaching on a fulltime basis.