• C

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • F-

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Panther

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 13, 2016
Actually CHT is beginning to look like SJ. Crabs all over the place so don't put the shit all on Kodi

Don't ruin a good story

Kodi 12 runs 87m 2 try assists 2 line break assists 92% tackle efficiency
CHT 6 runs 44m 0 try assists 0 line break assists 73% tackle efficiency

Similar catch and pass stats. Haters gonna hate

Burr has played well. RTS making great runs. Pompey has improved so much. Hayze shown the potential to be a regular. Lawton has played tuff. Egan has improved with a more creative game plan. Murchie has had a good run of games and is breaking the line. I think alot guys are going well. Not a Jazz fan but he has looked good when we have momentum in a set, whether it was wingers or the props getting it going. We seem to have a regular small line up that appears together during a game with Blair, Papali'i, Tevaga and some other undersized flavour of the moment and the unit struggles to roll the ball up the field.

There is alot of spirit in this squad - a great environment to blood young talent, let's see Turner and Berry go next week!

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Curran played his best game for the Warriors today.

However, he is in desperate need of a big off season.He needs to get fit, lose weight and stop touching his headgear.
I think, yes I agree, but lay in the tackle too long risking a six again.

Reactions: Off The Bench

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Tom Ale got stuff all minutes. With the minutes he did get, how did he go? If someone could let me cheers.
Looks every bit a first grader with ball in hand. One carry in particular he just hit the step and then leg drive for an easy 10 post contact metres. Our pack will definitely not have issues with go forward next year. Did look gassed defensively though.

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
Looks every bit a first grader with ball in hand. One carry in particular he just hit the step and then leg drive for an easy 10 post contact metres. Our pack will definitely not have issues with go forward next year. Did look gassed defensively though.

Yip, has great footwork, ability to offload and a strong motor on him. Once he gets up to speed of the NRL he will be a force for the club. Hope he has a strong preseason next year after having a taste this year, an is given a proper shot by Nathan Brown.

Think he could play any were in the pack from 8-13 bar hooker.

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Curran played his best game for the Warriors today.

However, he is in desperate need of a big off season.He needs to get fit, lose weight and stop touching his headgear.
He can become a devastating 2nd phase runner.
Showed he has a good turn of speed off the mark.
If he could come off the shoulder of anyone, he could create alot of damage.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I see Ricky's had his usual rant at the press conference. The penalty count blowing out to 7-1 was absolutely warranted. Their discipline was poor. No excuses for Bateman throwing a cheap shot in the scrum, burying his head in a tackle and then Papalii's hair pull. They were also warned just before Wighton's sin binning which gave Sutton no other choice. He wasn't hugely offside, but offside nonetheless. Ricky should be grateful they got the second half square up as there were multiple times in the last 40 where they got away with holding down in the tackle.

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I see Ricky's had his usual rant at the press conference. The penalty count blowing out to 7-1 was absolutely warranted. Their discipline was poor. No excuses for Bateman throwing a cheap shot in the scrum, burying his head in a tackle and then Papalii's hair pull. They were also warned just before Wighton's sin binning which gave Sutton no other choice. He wasn't hugely offside, but offside nonetheless. Ricky should be grateful they got the second half square up as there were multiple times in the last 40 where they got away with holding down in the tackle.
Wighton deserved to go for ten minutes. Being offside is irrellevant. The way the rule is policed is you must just let the opposing hooker pick up the ball and pass it out to the first receiver unmolested when the ruck is 50cms to 1m from the try line. It has been policed that way since I have been watching.
Any attempt to interfere with the hooker, even if the interference is well timed, is deemed a professional foul.
And they have to call it that way or hookers would get scragged all the time when the ruck is next to the try line.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Yip, has great footwork, ability to offload and a strong motor on him. Once he gets up to speed of the NRL he will be a force for the club. Hope he has a strong preseason next year after having a taste this year, an is given a proper shot by Nathan Brown.

Think he could play any were in the pack from 8-13 bar hooker.
Yeah I think he’s a real point of difference, none of our forwards have footwork like he does. Obviously extremely versatile aswell.

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
I’m really going to miss this bloke. He’s so straight up, so passionate, so intelligent & is exactly what we need as a club. Nathan brown has a lot to back up - but I’m confident he can do a job.

I wonder if Payton would seek an early release, haha. But nah, we’ve changed his life & he’s changed the club, hopefully permanently. He’ll be remembered fondly & he’s clearly very grateful to the warriors organisation. Such a loss.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
I’m really going to miss this bloke. He’s so straight up, so passionate, so intelligent & is exactly what we need as a club. Nathan brown has a lot to back up - but I’m confident he can do a job.

I wonder if Payton would seek an early release, haha. But nah, we’ve changed his life & he’s changed the club, hopefully permanently. He’ll be remembered fondly & he’s clearly very grateful to the warriors organisation. Such a loss.

I will am really interested how he can coach next year. Getting one group of players up in once in a lifetime circumstances is one thing. 50 50 I reckon.
I expect 2 players to follow him to the Cowboys out of the off contract players

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
The time the raiders got to hold down in the ruck was crazy, I thought even they were surprised they weren’t getting pinged.
Home town advantage. Fans had an impact. Part of every sport in the world.
I hear you though. I can also tell from the tenor of your post you aren't blaming reffing as the primary cause of the loss. We have had much worse reffing than that. This reffing was in the top 30% of what I have observed in terms of lack of mistakes and absence of anti warriors bias.

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Wighton deserved to go for ten minutes. Being offside is irrellevant. The way the rule is policed is you must just let the opposing hooker pick up the ball and pass it out to the first receiver unmolested when the ruck is 50cms to 1m from the try line. It has been policed that way since I have been watching.
Any attempt to interfere with the hooker, even if the interference is well timed, is deemed a professional foul.
And they have to call it that way or hookers would get scragged all the time when the ruck is next to the try line.
Not sure what you watching but Wighton was not at the PTB, he came from the right side of our attack

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Game of two halves that one!

B+ for the first half. C- for the second!

Thought the Raiders looked tough but really disorganised. Williams coming off had a big impact for them. The commentators kept saying they would challenge anyone of the top 3 teams?! If they play that kind of football Papali ain’t gonna save em.

Good attitude from our guys today. Really didn’t drop our lips until after RTS went off.

Good to see Ale get some minutes. Keen to see how RTS our is covered next week? Surely won’t be Hiku will it? Guessing we haven’t got any youngsters in the wider squad?
Have to be Hiku or Turner, unless they want to give Pompey a shot at fb, probably turn into the next RTS the way he's progressing. He's got footwork and a killer fend in his arsenal, he was swatting them like green flies.

Last edited:

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
I thought Jazz's off load was a poor decision. And as I have stated I would like to see him only be an injury depth player next year.

All that said we were still in the game when the score was 20-14 to them. Then instead of trying to put pressure on them our kick off person, who I presume was CHT kicked the ball out on the full from the kick off and they got to 22-14 on the pursuant set.

That was end of the game I felt at that point.

It is an unacceptable mistake to do a kickoff that is too long. Yet it was part of CHT's learning process to make that mistake today. And while that is ok as this was a meaningless match it is also not ok as he should have learned that lesson in U20s. First Grade is not a development league.

The referees generally shaft teams that play like key stone cops, as the refs don't want shitty teams to win. When we do unforced rookie errors we are a shitty team that deserves shit ref calls.
I think it was a Egan who took the kickoff that went dead

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings