Votes: 1 1.1%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
A question

How is it that the Warriors have one of the slowest line speeds in the NRL but seem to get penalised the most for being inside the 10?
Feel like that’s what cost us the game. With such a big pack you would assume our plan was to run them ragged to tire them out but penalties marched them down field whenever we had them down our end.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
D?

in case you werent aware, we were leading with 5min to go.

14-12

yes, it wasnt a great game, but to say they deserve a D ?

ywe had some not so smart decisions but this team were never world beaters to begin with and I'm just glad we didnt get flogged and remained competitive for the entirety of the game
I agree.

Actually thought for much of that 2nd half our forwards aimed up. They we're tearing in on D and belting that much bigger Sharks pack, thought we got a bit of dominance which helped us peg them back and get that lead with not long to go.

Turning point for me was that Jazz shoulder charge penalty which got the Sharks upfield and a fairly weak JTB tackle off the back of that.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
Feel like that’s what cost us the game. With such a big pack you would assume our plan was to run them ragged to tire them out but penalties marched them down field whenever we had them down our end.
Agreed, from memory the first 3 times they worked it out of the their 20 they were given a penalty (that’s 3 times in a row).The penalty that lead to the Rudolf try was on the 3rd & they were still on their 30 meter line. I still don’t know why that was a penalty, whether it was a shoulder charge or offside 🤷🏻‍♂️. Hard one to take as in the first half we were 6:1 on the wrong side of a penalty count. I can’t see the sharks going far as I can’t see any other teams getting penalised like the warriors do. I just can’t believe we are that Ill disciplined. The only two from memory that were bad was the Murchie to the face & semi dump tackle! Are we really that ill disciplined?

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
The milking call is fucking bullshit, it's the ref knowing we should get a set restart but by yelling milking he takes making that call away from himself, there was one where Harris got tackled, wasn't trying to get up, had three players lying on him, ref yelling at them to get off, they didnt, then with Harris lying on the ground like a statue the ref starts yelling milking a half dozen times, so then that allows the tacklers to slow it down even more..

The quality of the game wasn't too good but dodnt mind it, shows the change in attitude when the Sharks had 65% of possession late in the first half and we were only 6 down.
We definately need to work on defending against kicks, cost us the last two games.
Jazz was fucking brilliant 1st half but his game will be remembered for that 1 dumb shoulder charge.
Hikus play to set up Pompeys try was next level.
Only big disappointment in the loss was that it was against the Sharks, their players are a bunch of onfield cu**s.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Agreed, from memory the first 3 times they worked it out of the their 20 they were given a penalty (that’s 3 times in a row).The penalty that lead to the Rudolf try was on the 3rd & they were still on their 30 meter line. I still don’t know why that was a penalty, whether it was a shoulder charge or offside 🤷🏻‍♂️. Hard one to take as in the first half we were 6:1 on the wrong side of a penalty count. I can’t see the sharks going far as I can’t see any other teams getting penalised like the warriors do. I just can’t believe we are that Ill disciplined. The only two from memory that were bad was the Murchie to the face & semi dump tackle! Are we really that ill disciplined?
I don't think we are that ill disciplined. Sometimes the offside calls are warranted, but too many times I find I'm watching and thinking why has the ref suddenly called that?

Was frustrating to see that Johnson and those outside him were offside right from this set restart and we didn't get any penalty from it when the play broke down.

Capture.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings