• C

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • F-

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I'm fine with the differing points of view and objective comments on whether a players traits are suitable for the wider team etc. Makes for some healthy debate. Its the personal attacks that become disappointing. Couldn't believe some of the awful stuff thrown Jazz's way when he kindly arranged the donation of those items to help out Roache last year (none of it was on this Forum by the way).

As for the incident on the weekend my observation was that Brown was pushing his head into the ground and then continued by putting his head in close to pin him down. The momentary shove of the jersey with a closed fist was a bit of retaliation to get him off. Brown carried on, but interestingly Jazz didn't try to run back into the scuffle. That showed some restraint on his part and at that moment not a single player on the field would have really thought there was going to be a sin binning.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
interesting watching NRL360 tonight, Paul Crawley talked about how rough the warriors get it! How we never get the 50/50s & the call on Tevaga was BS. Said he loved the way we came back from 16:0. He was quickly interrupted so the topic can change but nice to know we got his support
Didn't catch it tonight, but that's interesting. He's said it before on that show too so he clearly sees what we do.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
I took a number of bruises for posting that view like this one and now I don’t appreciate being called slow as well
I actuality have two university degrees from two of the top universities in the world
People who have university degrees don’t get into ad hominem attacks to emphasise their positions when they disagree with someone online.
Life is short. There is a lot of unpleasantness in the world why add that to another persons plate.

.Let’s disagree with each other nicely or put me on ignore if my posts make you agitated.
Your posting is alright .
But having anti jazz one your thingy majiggy could be a wee
Bit annoying .The dude is a real person an has family an friends .
An surely someone with a brain as big as yours knows better .
Just a thought that's all.

Lukeluke

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 19, 2018
interesting watching NRL360 tonight, Paul Crawley talked about how rough the warriors get it! How we never get the 50/50s & the call on Tevaga was BS. Said he loved the way we came back from 16:0. He was quickly interrupted so the topic can change but nice to know we got his support

Crawleys one of the good ones. Good level head on him

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I wish to opt out of further discourse in this thread.
My post was a new one for me. As I said before making it usually I say nothing and don’t explain my view if it requires verbal and written gymnastics fir me to get my point across.
I will not make any more “complex” posts where I am feeling my way towards my own point again on this web site. I felt like wizards rage and One or two others understood my thesis. Must others instead thought Jazz was to be congratulated for his entrepreneurship at putting up his hand for 20 hit ups in 58 minutes.
Those people who put forward that view failed to grasp my post and thesis and completely missed the point I was putting forward.

My take away is to go back to stick to making normal posts that don’t require academic conjecture from me to connect the dots in my logic.

Please don’t let this web site become like other more shit sports forums where the fans love the players so much that any pointing out of a players weaknesses are met with open hostility and vicious counter posts out of loyalty and protection of the player.

Nah bugger that man. Post however u want to post. Make it complex as u like, who cares if its the unpopular view......more interesting than the compulsory "ref's screwed us" or "Jazz the little shithead" that's been doing the rounds lately.....posters will reply back in the negative, nothing personal, is what it is.

I got the general gist of your original post. Thought Jazz was great but i also thought he was guilty of overplaying his hand a tad which i put down to a lack of game management from our halves..especially Kodi.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Nah bugger that man. Post however u want to post. Make it complex as u like, who cares if its the unpopular view......more interesting than the compulsory "ref's screwed us" or "Jazz the little shithead" that's been doing the rounds lately.....posters will reply back in the negative, nothing personal, is what it is.

I got the general gist of your original post. Thought Jazz was great but i also thought he was guilty of overplaying his hand a tad which i put down to a lack of game management from our halves..especially Kodi.
See i disagree, i think he was out there to long and should play off the bench rather than as a starter, due to his energy being sapped by the bigger bodies at the start and by bringing him in off the bench you get to use his energy on tiring players. But thats the coaches call.

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
I'm not a fan of Egan. But he's been getting better the past 3 games.
The only gripe i have of him is his no look pass. Does my head in. Thought he had put it away but did it again passing to JTB which went forward by a metre & luckily the refs missed it.
His passing from dummy half is second to none. Hes running more & shapes up well in defense.

Lawton is so hearty. A big hooker with good speed. And boy can he hit. His distribution from dummy half is what let's him down. To slow & sloppy when fatigued.

We've got the making of a excellent hooker rotation. Just needs some fine tuning.
I think our new coach being a ex-hooker will bring out the best in them. I just like a good old fashioned 80 minute hooker 🤣 👍

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Haven't posted anything about this game as I thought it would be better that I waited a few days to calm down before I did.

So here's the calm version:
That fk'n w@nker of a cnut of a ref cost as that frekn game from the moment he allowed the slippy sEELS to score their first bloody try of a forward pass and then disallowed our try calling the pass forward when he was in a worse position than for the sEELS try.

There's a reason why Jazz wasn't even cited for his push on Brown because they would have to have cited Brown for the way he reacted and that would have made the fk'n w@nker of a cnut of a ref look either more biased or more incompetent than he actually was. Either both players in the bin for ten minutes or warn both teams and get Jazz to play the ball. By the way Jazz, don't try that sh!t again.... or if you do, put the handbag down and make the push/punch worth been sent off for!!!!

And that's not even mentioning the penalty count or the attack of RTS going for the high ball. Just a pity RTS didn't put a knee into Brown's face as most fullbacks these days tend to do.

Anyway, proud of the boys to hang in there and to only lose by four points.... earlier this year, the lips would have dropped and we would have been done by 30 points.

Plus, the two tries before half time brought tears to my eyes and made me think back to the days of Anderson. The Process is dead, long live WarriorBall!!

Last edited:

wrighty

You are right, i do disagree with your point. Also right about the words i used to describe your position regarding your opinion on jazz. I apologize. I barely graduated high school so you must be also right about people who have university degrees aswell.
Hi Louim8

This is a very kind and moving post. Thanks for your post. I also apologise if I got on my high horse a bit while responding. You are a most welcome addition/re-addition to our site over the past few months. You are welcome to correspond with me any time you like and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on any issue :)

I will give a brief response to your point you posted because it is a fair academic response to my thesis. Ie what if the coach instructed Jazz to do those 20 hit ups in 58 minutes.

Even though he has never done as many hit ups before, he did have a habit under SK's reign of putting his hand up for key hit ups. So last Sunday's behaviour wasn't out of character for Jazz to the point that it suggested a new coaching instruction.

My other counter to your counter is the following stats from other leading locks
Round 17 Josh McGuire 77 minutes 20 hit ups
Round 17 Cameron Mcinnis 85 minutes 20 hit ups
Round 9 Jason Taumalolo 58 minutes 20 hit ups
Round 17 Jazz 58 minutes 20 hit ups

Jazz was on track for 27 hit ups if he played 80 minutes. Far in excess of the balance and contribution that Josh McGuire's coach asks from him and Cameron Mcinnis asks from him.

One other player on that list did match Jazz and that was JT. He like Jazz in Round 9 did 20 hit ups in 58 minutes. However I intuitively feel due to barnstorming nature of JT that there is much benefit in him doing that many hit ups.
JT travelled for 214 metres that game and got an extra 1.7 meters per carry than Jazz did.

I suggest the benchmark, and this is a long bow because of my extremely limited sample size, is about 20 hit ups per 80 minutes if you are standard/above average talent lock. AND as many hit ups as you can if you are JT and getting paid $1.3M for making metres and leading his team's go forward.

FWIW as mentioned Tohu did 20 hit ups in his 80 mins.

I conjecture that Payten being in experienced forward himself would know those ratios and if anything will likely ask Jazz to dial it back a bit this weekend.

But I don't know really. I am guessing, and I concede yes you could be 100% right. Jazz may have been instructed to play that way on Sunday.

Cheers thanks Louie

wrighty

Your posting is alright .
But having anti jazz one your thingy majiggy could be a wee
Bit annoying .The dude is a real person an has family an friends .
An surely someone with a brain as big as yours knows better .
Just a thought that's all.
Cool. Appreciate the head's up. I will have a mull about my signature thingy. Will change it perhaps. But will think first.

Last edited by a moderator:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Crawleys one of the good ones. Good level head on him
Not sure if we will get much traction with him mentioning it. But he's brought it up a few times now. To me the complaints will have more weight while the side is competing and the decisions have more of an impact on the result like on the weekend.

If we get bad calls in close games and it looks like its happening often we might get a few more journalists saying they were unlucky enough that it sticks in memory.

Before when we weren't playing well it could be brushed aside as they fell apart for 20 minutes or only completed 50% of their sets etc.

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
Is there a way for all the Warriors players and board to boycott the games or protest over how we never get treated fairly by these refs? Everyone in the NRL knows the Warriors always get shafted by the refs, we need to do something about it! otherwise, we will never have a chance of competing for anything. Similar thing happened last year didn't we have a few bad calls from the refs and all that happenned is an apology from the NRL????

Louim8

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 19, 2020
Hi Louim8

This is a very kind and moving post. Thanks for your post. I also apologise if I got on my high horse a bit while responding. You are a most welcome addition/re-addition to our site over the past few months. You are welcome to correspond with me any time you like and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on any issue :)

I will give a brief response to your point you posted because it is a fair academic response to my thesis. Ie what if the coach instructed Jazz to do those 20 hit ups in 58 minutes.

Even though he has never done as many hit ups before, he did have a habit under SK's reign of putting his hand up for key hit ups. So last Sunday's behaviour wasn't out of character for Jazz to the point that it suggested a new coaching instruction.

My other counter to your counter is the following stats from other leading locks
Round 17 Josh McGuire 77 minutes 20 hit ups
Round 17 Cameron Mcinnis 85 minutes 20 hit ups
Round 9 Jason Taumalolo 58 minutes 20 hit ups
Round 17 Jazz 58 minutes 20 hit ups

Jazz was on track for 27 hit ups if he played 80 minutes. Far in excess of the balance and contribution that Josh McGuire's coach asks from him and Cameron Mcinnis asks from him.

One other player on that list did match Jazz and that was JT. He like Jazz in Round 9 did 20 hit ups in 58 minutes. However I intuitively feel due to barnstorming nature of JT that there is much benefit in him doing that many hit ups.
JT travelled for 214 metres that game and got an extra 1.7 meters per carry than Jazz did.

I suggest the benchmark, and this is a long bow because of my extremely limited sample size, is about 20 hit ups per 80 minutes if you are standard/above average talent lock. AND as many hit ups as you can if you are JT and getting paid $1.3M for making metres and leading his team's go forward.

FWIW as mentioned Tohu did 20 hit ups in his 80 mins.

I conjecture that Payten being in experienced forward himself would know those ratios and if anything will likely ask Jazz to dial it back a bit this weekend.

But I don't know really. I am guessing, and I concede yes you could be 100% right. Jazz may have been instructed to play that way on Sunday.

Cheers thanks Louie
You are right that Jazz should not have so many hit ups. At the moment however, with Katoa out there is not much firepower in the pack, bar Harris.

JTB - 4 runs - 41m
Burr - 6 - 67
Murchie - 9 - 66
Harris - 21 - 176
Jazz - 20 - 180
Blair - 6 - 48
Curran - 2 - 14
Papalii - 15 -107

Papalii stands out abit too me as watching the game it didnt seem like he had as many runs or metres.
With the current team make up it makes sense for Jazz to have a higher work load as he has been effective. Is it a good plan for a whole season? No i dont think so, but im really looking foward to next years pack and what we can build off the back of that.
On a side note looking through the stats, Pompey seems to be going from strength to strength which is a nice development. He may have a future in the centres though as he lacks elite speed, but has good footwork and a big frame but that position will be quite crowded next year.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
You are right that Jazz should not have so many hit ups. At the moment however, with Katoa out there is not much firepower in the pack, bar Harris.

JTB - 4 runs - 41m
Burr - 6 - 67
Murchie - 9 - 66
Harris - 21 - 176
Jazz - 20 - 180
Blair - 6 - 48
Curran - 2 - 14
Papalii - 15 -107

Papalii stands out abit too me as watching the game it didnt seem like he had as many runs or metres.
With the current team make up it makes sense for Jazz to have a higher work load as he has been effective. Is it a good plan for a whole season? No i dont think so, but im really looking foward to next years pack and what we can build off the back of that.
On a side note looking through the stats, Pompey seems to be going from strength to strength which is a nice development. He may have a future in the centres though as he lacks elite speed, but has good footwork and a big frame but that position will be quite crowded next year.
I think Hayze has that center spot sown up

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Hard to believe that the Warriors played one man down for part of the game, had a shocking penalty and set restarts count and they pushed Parramatta to the end. Maybe, there is something in the water in Terrigal.
personally think it was more that Parramatta are on a slide and really without the help of the refs, how do you think their love story would be going about now. Ever since they got the new stadium they have become the new sharks, by which i mean they get more than their fair of the rub of the green. I differentiate these two teams from the roosters and the storm because they always seem to benefit, but the results they get back up their top 3 position year in year out. Neither eels nor sharks deserve this favoured treatment imo.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
personally think it was more that Parramatta are on a slide and really without the help of the refs, how do you think their love story would be going about now. Ever since they got the new stadium they have become the new sharks, by which i mean they get more than their fair of the rub of the green. I differentiate these two teams from the roosters and the storm because they always seem to benefit, but the results they get back up their top 3 position year in year out. Neither eels nor sharks deserve this favoured treatment imo.
And it becomes self fulfilling success. Players want to be in a successful finals side. They are willing to move and perhaps take less money than from a second class club. This leaves more for better players and on it goes. Refs positive bias kicks in...and round we go again.
That's what pays for a stadium and keeps AFL at bay.

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings