• C

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • F-

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
Every comparison of Harris and Jazz's stats just makes me think we'd be better off with Harris at lock full time. He does everything Jazz does just better.

Yep you could make a case for Tohu being our best prop, backrower and lock, possibly even centre. Unfortunately we only have one.

I like the idea of Jazz for the first 20, moving Harris into 13 after that and getting BMM on the edge for 15-20 each side of halftime for next year before bringing Jazz back on for the last quarter.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
I still think we miss a good hooker after watching the game.
I'm not a fan of Egan. But he's been getting better the past 3 games.
The only gripe i have of him is his no look pass. Does my head in. Thought he had put it away but did it again passing to JTB which went forward by a metre & luckily the refs missed it.
His passing from dummy half is second to none. Hes running more & shapes up well in defense.

Lawton is so hearty. A big hooker with good speed. And boy can he hit. His distribution from dummy half is what let's him down. To slow & sloppy when fatigued.

We've got the making of a excellent hooker rotation. Just needs some fine tuning.

Louim8

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 19, 2020
At the end of the day Jazz was trying to niggle someone while we were attacking in good position instead of focusing on a quick ptb.

He wasn’t in Brown‘s head, Brown was in his. He’s is a liability until he cuts that shit out of his game, and half his stats are empty calories.

No one is scared of him and he is enforcing precisely nothing at the moment. He needs to focus on where he is effective.
Im not sure we should look at him as an enforcer. Hes not. But he is someone that does not take any bs from anybody and that is refreshing to see from a team that has played without heart for a few seasons now. Also stands up for his team mates over anything and i would guarantee that they appreciate that.
I find your statement that his stats are empty calories to be laughable, disregarding his stats and effort because you do not like him? Ok if they are empty stats when he does not play who are the players that pick up the slack in the fowards? If the stats are empty then anyone could provide them right?
Also at his size, if i was playing with him, i would be thinking wow, this guy keeps going and going and does not back down, surely i can give more. That is leadership and can be inspiring.
Also he is still young and will still grow as a player, so he is only going to get better, in my opinion

Louim8

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 19, 2020
Then read it again.
Jazz did 20 hit ups and Tohu did 21. Despite Jazz playing 22 less minutes. Jazz if he played all 80 was on track for 28 hit ups and 248 metres.

No kent his size and stature should be basing their game around emulating jason taumalolo. Yet that seems to be Jazz's goal.

The other "small" locks who are stars who Jazz should be emulating have far less involvement from a carries perspective. Cameron Murray has 11 carries for 87 metres on the weekend. Cameron realises his value proposition is not to be a metre making middle.
Jazz does think he is there to churn out the most metres not only in the team but be the most productive metre making lock in the whole comp.
You must be slow to think he is the one that dictates every facet of the way he plays. Its called coaching, the coaching staff ask players to do certain things. Since when to we as fans moan about players making too many runs and metres? Its dumb. If its so easy, why do jazz and harris top the counts week after week? Surely another player can do that right?

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
You must be slow to think he is the one that dictates every facet of the way he plays. Its called coaching, the coaching staff ask players to do certain things. Since when to we as fans moan about players making too many runs and metres? Its dumb. If its so easy, why do jazz and harris top the counts week after week? Surely another player can do that right?

Yeah exactly, the Jazz hit up in the opposition 20 is dictated by the half who is then looking for a quick play the ball to run a play off of.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
the question i now ask is this. In the last two years how many games have the warriors played and lost against the eels where the reffing boss has come out and said that the ref has made a mistake on the field influencing the outcome of the game. I think the stats say its 100 percent of the games played.
the other question is in how many losses that the warriors have had in the last 2 years has the reffing boss come out and said that the ref has made a mistake on the field influencing the outcome of the game. This one i dont know the answer to but i would love to have that percentage, because i suspect its the highest percentage in the league.
It was a gutting feeling of deja vu watching that game on Sunday night. Just like last year we were building on a bit of momentum too and within touching distance of the top 8. I remember last year the team managed to get a couple of narrow wins against the Titans and Knights despite enduring some really contentious reffing, but the Parramatta game broke them. The following week against the Raiders when Blair got a professional foul call with his back turned to the player who ran into him we got to hear Green's infamous "If you hate us so much why don't you kick us out of the comp", followed by Kearney's literal kick of a towel and the season was gone. I'm really hoping this time we continue to build on the resilience we've been showing and really make the Sharks nervous.

Warrior482

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 12, 2012
Then read it again.
Jazz did 20 hit ups and Tohu did 21. Despite Jazz playing 22 less minutes. Jazz if he played all 80 was on track for 28 hit ups and 248 metres.

No kent his size and stature should be basing their game around emulating jason taumalolo. Yet that seems to be Jazz's goal.

The other "small" locks who are stars who Jazz should be emulating have far less involvement from a carries perspective. Cameron Murray has 11 carries for 87 metres on the weekend. Cameron realises his value proposition is not to be a metre making middle.
Jazz does think he is there to churn out the most metres not only in the team but be the most productive metre making lock in the whole comp.

Yeah nah yeah, but nah.

Reactions: Off The Bench

wrighty

I took a number of bruises for posting that view like this one and now I don’t appreciate being called slow as well
I actuality have two university degrees from two of the top universities in the world
People who have university degrees don’t get into ad hominem attacks to emphasise their positions when they disagree with someone online.
Life is short. There is a lot of unpleasantness in the world why add that to another persons plate.

.Let’s disagree with each other nicely or put me on ignore if my posts make you agitated.

wrighty

Yeah nah yeah, but nah.
I wish to opt out of further discourse in this thread.
My post was a new one for me. As I said before making it usually I say nothing and don’t explain my view if it requires verbal and written gymnastics fir me to get my point across.
I will not make any more “complex” posts where I am feeling my way towards my own point again on this web site. I felt like wizards rage and One or two others understood my thesis. Must others instead thought Jazz was to be congratulated for his entrepreneurship at putting up his hand for 20 hit ups in 58 minutes.
Those people who put forward that view failed to grasp my post and thesis and completely missed the point I was putting forward.

My take away is to go back to stick to making normal posts that don’t require academic conjecture from me to connect the dots in my logic.

Please don’t let this web site become like other more shit sports forums where the fans love the players so much that any pointing out of a players weaknesses are met with open hostility and vicious counter posts out of loyalty and protection of the player.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
Im not sure we should look at him as an enforcer. Hes not. But he is someone that does not take any bs from anybody and that is refreshing to see from a team that has played without heart for a few seasons now. Also stands up for his team mates over anything and i would guarantee that they appreciate that.
I find your statement that his stats are empty calories to be laughable, disregarding his stats and effort because you do not like him? Ok if they are empty stats when he does not play who are the players that pick up the slack in the fowards? If the stats are empty then anyone could provide them right?
Also at his size, if i was playing with him, i would be thinking wow, this guy keeps going and going and does not back down, surely i can give more. That is leadership and can be inspiring.
Also he is still young and will still grow as a player, so he is only going to get better, in my opinion

I disregard some of his stats because lots of his tackles are 3rd man in (where he is often left on the ground), a lot of his hit ups are down hill due to the set structures and are exaggerated by his high volume.

edit: your argument about who will pick up the slack if Jazz wasn’t there is kind of blown out of the water by Ken’s absence and the way the team adjusts.

Last edited:

Warrior482

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 12, 2012
My post was a new one for me. As I said before making it usually I say nothing and don’t explain my view if it requires verbal and written gymnastics fir me to get my point across.
I will not make any more “complex” posts where I am feeling my way towards my own point again on this web site. I felt like wizards rage and One or two others understood my thesis. Must others instead thought Jazz was to be congratulated for his entrepreneurship at putting up his hand for 20 hit ups in 58 minutes.
Those people who put forward that view failed to grasp my post and thesis and completely missed the point I was putting forward.

My take away is to go back to stick to making normal posts that don’t require academic conjecture from me to connect the dots in my logic.

Please don’t let this web site become like other more shit sports forums where the fans love the players so much that any pointing out of a players weaknesses are met with open hostility and vicious counter posts out of loyalty and protection of the player.

Fair enough Wrighty. Sorry for the shitpost. I spend enough time on League Unlimited forums to appreciate how much better this forum is!

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Henry has got a shit show of ref'ing anything once we are in the post season. and that is not because I think he can't ref

There is so much bias towards G Sutton as the top dog it is almost laughable.

One only needs to look at the fixture list to see which game he will be allocated.

When the list comes out tomorrow don't be surprised to see that G Sutton is allocated the Panthers - Eel game
Dixpat your a genius, how did you know G Sutton would be allocated that game?

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Zero chance of that wrighty, I couldn’t name a single poster on here who doesn’t have it in for at least a couple of players. However if you are going to have a controversial view then expect to get some heat back at you - for example I had it with Foran and Doyle. I wouldn’t worry about it, you clearly aren’t alone in your views on Jazz.

wrighty

Zero chance of that wrighty, I couldn’t name a single poster on here who doesn’t have it in for at least a couple of players. However if you are going to have a controversial view then expect to get some heat back at you - for example I had it with Foran and Doyle. I wouldn’t worry about it, you clearly aren’t alone in your views on Jazz.
Ok thanks Me brownstone I appreciate the friendly advice
People should just be aware that all our real lives are stressful

today I ended up in a conversation with a senior manager who basically revealed she has been asked to be hatchet person and then asked me to justify the existence of my team
So I was already rattled before I signed in.

Louim8

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 19, 2020
Ok thanks Me brownstone I appreciate the friendly advice
People should just be aware that all our real lives are stressful

today I ended up in a conversation with a senior manager who basically revealed she has been asked to be hatchet person and then asked me to justify the existence of my team
So I was already rattled before I signed in.
I mean i just try to be subjective when it comes to players. If i dont like a certain individual i dont discount their contributions just because of my feelings towards them, not only in my support of this team, but in life in general. But each to their own.

Louim8

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 19, 2020
I took a number of bruises for posting that view like this one and now I don’t appreciate being called slow as well
I actuality have two university degrees from two of the top universities in the world
People who have university degrees don’t get into ad hominem attacks to emphasise their positions when they disagree with someone online.
Life is short. There is a lot of unpleasantness in the world why add that to another persons plate.

.Let’s disagree with each other nicely or put me on ignore if my posts make you agitated.
You are right, i do disagree with your point. Also right about the words i used to describe your position regarding your opinion on jazz. I apologize. I barely graduated high school so you must be also right about people who have university degrees aswell.

Reactions: Peewee

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

Honestly mate, you're turning into AusWarriorsFan

Anyway, this could have been a game for the ages. One I could have watched over and over again had we won.... but we lost!

So I blame two people for ruining this - Jazz Tevaga & a cheating cu** of a ref.

Theres alot of heat on Jazz to redeem himself this weekend, but I fear he'll fuck it all up again by trying too hard... i hope he can prove me wrong...

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia

Whether some agree with you or not. Whether your wrighty or wrongy 😛 I appreciate you a lot more than the other Anti Jazz lench mob like General whats his face. Cant stand that guy lol. Your feed back is a lot more intelligent and insightful.

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings