Team List NRL 2020 Round 16 - Warriors vs Knights TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
I hope our development gets to the point in the next few years where our rookies come in with energy and bluster and make a discernible difference to the side from day one. There is no way a rookie should come in and be anywhere near the finished product, but the opposition doesn't know what to expect from them either hence the whole second season syndrome when they start to get tactically combated and have to continue to evolve to survive. We've seen too many rookies come in and plug a gap well, but not really offer anything more than a neutral performance. I liked that Turner went hunting the game.

Hopefully Hayze can add his first line break, try or try assist this weekend in his 5th game. He has defended pretty well. I'm very aware of the lack of game time he has had in the last few months, as well as the positional switches.
Krakatoa ,JTB ,Turner all hit the ground running
King V ,CHT have not been to shabby
Murchie last week .It's happening .

Last edited:

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Krakatoa ,JTB ,Turner all hit the ground running
Murchie last week .It's happening .

I'm not looking for an argument here, because I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just think we have been conditioned to accepting and being excited about things that aren't bad, or are better than the average and I am hoping that Gould will help invest in juniors, but will (with the Brown etc) also drive the clubs towards far higher expectations and less acceptance of mediocrity.

Katoa has had the brightest debut of a Warrior in at least 5 years. Genuinely exciting.

JTB is Australian born and bred and has started his career late. He has played better than we expected rather than burst onto the scene. Impressive though. How high is his ceiling? Not homegrown.

Murchie didn't debut at this club and his games played are in the double figures. Promising, but we'll see. I've been encouraged by what I have seen from him. Not homegrown.

There are some phenomenal 1st and 2nd year players in the comp, we have a very small percentage of them, and a much, much smaller percentage of the elite.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
I'm not looking for an argument here, because I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just think we have been conditioned to accepting and being excited about things that aren't bad, or are better than the average and I am hoping that Gould will help invest in juniors, but will (with the Brown etc) also drive the clubs towards far higher expectations and less acceptance of mediocrity.

Katoa has had the brightest debut of a Warrior in at least 5 years. Genuinely exciting.

JTB is Australian born and bred and has started his career late. He has played better than we expected rather than burst onto the scene. Impressive though. How high is his ceiling?

Murchie didn't debut at this club and his games played are in the double figures. Promising, but we'll see. I've been encouraged by what I have seen from him.

There are some phenomenal 1st and 2nd year players in the comp, we have a very small percentage of them, and a much, much smaller percentage of the elite, or above average.
With the amount of new recruits Aussie kiwi or otherwise
Coming here an taking their opportunities .We are definitely
Fishing in the right spots .
An our development seems to be on point .At the moment based on our recent success rate So I'm thinking When these new talents do come through ,We have the systems in place to take them to the next level .
i guess Rocco will be a good yard stick.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I am hoping that Gould will help invest in juniors, but will (with the Brown etc) also drive the clubs towards far higher expectations and less acceptance of mediocrity.

I think Gould will do this, he is not one to bite his tongue, which really is what our team needs but also the club in general. He has set up clubs, teams, coached at the highest level and has contacts with the elite in this regard, I think the new owners are relying on him to transform the club and his role in development (I think his title is just a title, much like my work, Im called XYZ but am accountable for the whole alphabet) is largely going to happen by improving the club and its onfield performances as well as improving NZ retaining its X factor youth. He is actually quite different in person away from the game in my experience which to me says he is not only passionate (doesnt give anything less than 110%) but he is also professional, something we are not accustomed to culturally.

As for Brown I have said my piece and disappointment in signing what I think is another SK (quiet). I want to be positive though as I see this playing group being near our 2018 teams potential and a potentially good 4 years ahead of us. So I can say is he is a guy players can talk to, unfortunately the culture, but hopefully he changes that. Another year in Aus will be good for the team with more media in their face and that might bring out individual coaching/talk.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I know this wont happen, but Id love to see Kodi back to his familiar role of being a bench utility/impact and see Turner get another game to see what he can produce with his electrifying foot work, he reminds me so much of SJ when he started. He has to be the smallest FB ever :)

Good to see Hayze finally getting game time.

I see Turner as our future and if Hayze is not going to be given a shot at 6, then I think turner should. CHT is more a game manager type, has all the skills, but not as electrifying with his footwork. Id love to see if Turner could not only produce that footwork again but also see if he feeds the centre/wing better than kodi by engaging the line and sucking that centre in for the 2v1.

Interesting Dilemma, we want to keep our X factors but it feels we are afraid to let players go as well. If Kodi keeps improving and develops the ability to suck the centre in then Im fine with him, if he doesnt we need a player who can, thats how SJ has most of his Try Assists and was how Fusitua was getting the ball when he was with us 2018 and Fusitua got the top try scorer. If CHT however can prove to contribute in doing this as well, then maybe CHT and Kodi might make a potent enough attack. Its hard to say, Kodi has had his best 4 games for the Warriors in a row, so its hard to talk about replacing him right now, but once that individual brilliance goes MIA, and it will just like SJ use to with his line breaks, then have we just committed another 3 years to Kodi and potentially Jock Blocked 2 of our best junior and Res Grade development players who undoubtedly like CNK will get signed elsewhere and will be sick watching them tear us a new one like CNK does.

I remember when Kodi was signed, all my Broncos mates were harassing me about what a dud signing and last year he lived up to that and for most of this year hes been pretty avg. But I dont think the Broncos have much to laugh about now haha. I wonder if Kodi has posted anything anonymous on Seibold's twitter rofl

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Kalyn and Klemmer and Krew...
We are playing the Darlings of the NRL...
and unfortunately this man 1598647976939.png knows it too! Expect a rough ride with the wrong calls... And if we happen to sail out to a nice lead you can expect this man 1598648257759.png to bring the Knights back in to the game!
Oh... Sorry Matt... you will do the right thing won't you?
I Can't wait... and Go the Boys!

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012
I know this wont happen, but Id love to see Kodi back to his familiar role of being a bench utility/impact and see Turner get another game to see what he can produce with his electrifying foot work, he reminds me so much of SJ when he started. He has to be the smallest FB ever :)

Good to see Hayze finally getting game time.

I see Turner as our future and if Hayze is not going to be given a shot at 6, then I think turner should. CHT is more a game manager type, has all the skills, but not as electrifying with his footwork. Id love to see if Turner could not only produce that footwork again but also see if he feeds the centre/wing better than kodi by engaging the line and sucking that centre in for the 2v1.

Interesting Dilemma, we want to keep our X factors but it feels we are afraid to let players go as well. If Kodi keeps improving and develops the ability to suck the centre in then Im fine with him, if he doesnt we need a player who can, thats how SJ has most of his Try Assists and was how Fusitua was getting the ball when he was with us 2018 and Fusitua got the top try scorer. If CHT however can prove to contribute in doing this as well, then maybe CHT and Kodi might make a potent enough attack. Its hard to say, Kodi has had his best 4 games for the Warriors in a row, so its hard to talk about replacing him right now, but once that individual brilliance goes MIA, and it will just like SJ use to with his line breaks, then have we just committed another 3 years to Kodi and potentially Jock Blocked 2 of our best junior and Res Grade development players who undoubtedly like CNK will get signed elsewhere and will be sick watching them tear us a new one like CNK does.

I remember when Kodi was signed, all my Broncos mates were harassing me about what a dud signing and last year he lived up to that and for most of this year hes been pretty avg. But I dont think the Broncos have much to laugh about now haha. I wonder if Kodi has posted anything anonymous on Seibold's twitter rofl

I can't tell if you are trolling or actually just have no idea about rugby league.

Kodi would have to be close to getting player of the year award and is playing amazing footy, and you want to bench him?

francis

U20's Player
Jun 19, 2020
Kalyn and Klemmer and Krew...
We are playing the Darlings of the NRL...
and unfortunately this man View attachment 43199 knows it too! Expect a rough ride with the wrong calls... And if we happen to sail out to a nice lead you can expect this man View attachment 43200 to bring the Knights back in to the game!
Oh... Sorry Matt... you will do the right thing won't you?
I Can't wait... and Go the Boys!
once an arsehole...always an arsehole..especially as far as this PRICK is concerned lol

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
I love Jazz and his comments in this article, he must be such an absolute pest to play against ahaha

He loved playing with Mase, he's the only guy in the NRL Jazz can call "little man". Be good to get the win to keep the dream alive another week, go the boys. Pompey hattrick and Burr to chase down their wingers all day.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Oh no, Matt Cheating, uggggh.

I expect more from the Knights on offense this week, coming from the Storms ex offensive coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings