Team List NRL 2020 Round 16 - Warriors vs Knights TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponyandtrap

U20's Player
Sep 21, 2019
I'll get slayed for this but...YOLO! Id have given serious thought to starting Turner at FB (based on what Ive heard about how good he is,Ive never seen him play except for on Sunday) and move RTS to centres. Perham just doesnt do it for me, and we need to think about life after Jennings, which Im guessing will be Herbert.
I know next year we get our proper wings back but for these last games id love to see RTS more involved in the line, and get Turner some game time.

You can start forming a line over there to slap me.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
I'll get slayed for this but...YOLO! Id have given serious thought to starting Turner at FB (based on what Ive heard about how good he is,Ive never seen him play except for on Sunday) and move RTS to centres. Perham just doesnt do it for me, and we need to think about life after Jennings, which Im guessing will be Herbert.
I know next year we get our proper wings back but for these last games id love to see RTS more involved in the line, and get Turner some game time.

Agree on Turner but I woulda oput RTS at Wing for Pompey, he can still make his metres from there, is safe at the back and might score more. Gives us more strike power from FB and from Wing.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

If RTS runs for over 300 metres not involved can't wait to see him involved

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Agree. Egan is the No1 rake. Lawton for some spark when Egan is spelled.
They both have upside. Lawton has the running game, but he doesn't bring the forwards onto the ball anywhere near as well as Egan. Lawton also has better defence, hence why they have him starting to take the early hit. Then bringing Egan on around a tired ruck with some fresh forwards.

There's an argument either could start or come off the bench given where the excel and fall short. Seems to be working well, so not sure Payten will tinker with it.

davewjnz

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 10, 2013
Auckland
So 5 games remaining against 5 teams currently ahead of us on the ladder.
Knights look beatable at the moment and one of the easier games of the games left.
They are wary of RTS the same way we are of Pongia.
Forward battle looks even if a slight advantage to us man for man I reckon.
Looking forward to this clash.
Lets gone Warriors!

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2016
Not sure if anyone's posted the line up, but think Burrs spot looks safe unfortunately with that line up, not sure who they can swap him with that extended line up, he's solid enough but just dumb errors at the wrong time, bit of a momentum killer.

Reactions: Ponyandtrap

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
My earliest memory of being a sports fan was as an eight year old giving a detailed accounting to my mother about how the front row in a union team establishes the go forward and outcome of each match.
I think she said "yes dear" in response.

On Saturday she's all on for young old with their forwards vs ours. Both team seem to subscribe to the importance of having monster packs. The following is a crude analysis based largely on one dimension height, to compare the packs.
Knights are going to bully us for the first twenty minutes. If we can hang with them and not been blown out then we have the bigger and better bench to bring it home.

KnightsWarriorsAdvantage
8​
Klemmer 6 foot 6JTB 6 foot 4Knights Big Adv
9​
10​
Saifiti 6 foot 5Burr 6 foot 2Knights Big Adv
11​
Fitzgibbon 6 foot 4Katoa 6 foot 4Warriors
12​
Guerra 6 foot 3Harris 6 foot 4Warriors
13​
Barnett 6 foot 2Jazz5 foot 10Knights
14​
15​
Ese'ese 6 foot 1Blair 6 foot 2Draw
16​
King 6 foot 2Alvarro 6 foot 3Warriors
17​
Saulo 6 goot 3Murchie 6 foot 4Warriors

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
My earliest memory of being a sports fan was as an eight year old giving a detailed accounting to my mother about how the front row in a union team establishes the go forward and outcome of each match.
I think she said "yes dear" in response.

On Saturday she's all on for young old with their forwards vs ours. Both team seem to subscribe to the importance of having monster packs. The following is a crude analysis based largely on one dimension height, to compare the packs.
Knights are going to bully us for the first twenty minutes. If we can hang with them and not been blown out then we have the bigger and better bench to bring it home.

KnightsWarriorsAdvantage
8​
Klemmer 6 foot 6JTB 6 foot 4Knights Big Adv
9​
10​
Saifiti 6 foot 5Burr 6 foot 2Knights Big Adv
11​
Fitzgibbon 6 foot 4Katoa 6 foot 4Warriors
12​
Guerra 6 foot 3Harris 6 foot 4Warriors
13​
Barnett 6 foot 2Jazz5 foot 10Knights
14​
15​
Ese'ese 6 foot 1Blair 6 foot 2Draw
16​
King 6 foot 2Alvarro 6 foot 3Warriors
17​
Saulo 6 goot 3Murchie 6 foot 4Warriors
wrighty wrighty I thought we had progressed to metrics and left the imperial in the past!

kavafred

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 26, 2013
They both have upside. Lawton has the running game, but he doesn't bring the forwards onto the ball anywhere near as well as Egan. Lawton also has better defence, hence why they have him starting to take the early hit. Then bringing Egan on around a tired ruck with some fresh forwards.

There's an argument either could start or come off the bench given where the excel and fall short. Seems to be working well, so not sure Payten will tinker with it.
I love the way Egan squares up the marker and pulls him in and creates space for a runner through the gap. He looks like a really good 9 for quite a while for us. Not so sure about Lawton but i do like his versatility though

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I love the way Egan squares up the marker and pulls him in and creates space for a runner through the gap. He looks like a really good 9 for quite a while for us. Not so sure about Lawton but i do like his versatility though
Love the fact people are coming around to Egan.
He has also decided to do one to two dummy half squirts / mini bursts per game. While these aren't that great and less effective than when Lawton runs they are proving to be very valuable for Egan while he is on the field as it means the defence have to hang on him and not 100 percent commit to hitting the forward he is planning to pop pass to.

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
If we had mad Jake I would tell him to aim up and HIA Klemmer at some stage in the first half. Just kidding. Wouldn't put it past him to do it though if asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings