• A

Votes: 31 21.2%
  • A-

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • B+

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
100% Fazz
KEARNEY actually killed my love for the Warriors ..I picked it on here when he got the job that it was WRONG WRONG WRONG..and his PROCESS made watching Paint Dry more fun. He stifled the Kiwi Rugby League style that I love about NZ League.
I am now yelling out RAZZEL DAZZEL...HELTER SKILTER....43 out 0f 45 .....LOVE YOU TODD PAYTON for allowing me to LOVE WARRIORS again...

Me too bro, I had to stop watching with SK in charge....from the dour game plan/process to the terrible selections, the baffling bench use and of course his total stubbornness...... I'm so glad that's gone and we have what we have in place now, this little run made by this team against the odds has been a joy to watch, polar opposite of SK's teams.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
After watching the replay, the biggest thing I picked up from the 2nd half.

If you watch the whole game, you don't see Egan. But if you watch Egan, you see the whole game.

His direction, eyes up at every PTB, holding up of the markers, and crisp service. Big reason why we've come home strong the last 2 games.

Growing on me for sure.

I reckon the travel is a real problem for us playing from NZ. I think we underestimate how hard that extra 1.5 - 2 days travel a fortnight really is we either need to play half the year based in Aussie then the 2nd half at home or we need to become the NZ\Tamworth Warriors and base ourselves in Aussie full-time to give us our best shot at winning this thing.
I am up for this, instead of Mt Smart every 2nd week I can make a pilgrimage to Tamworth once a year then down to Sydney for the Grand Final, will cost a bit more and I will need to buy some cowboy boots but I am All In. Sorry kids you ain't coming to the Warriors games anymore, not buying you tickets to Aussie so you can sit on ur phones eating chips in the grandstand.
I live 3 hrs from Tamworth so could definitely get behind that idea. But in all honesty a NZ rugby league team has to be based in NZ.

Many a true word spoken in jest. What a sad legacy.

Some of the things SK implemented are apparent in this team .
Defence is not coached over night .
I also saw a couple of players turn in the tackle an look for the offload
An then hold onto the ball as the person they would have passed to
Has been in a worse position ..
So while SK didn't get us the results .Some of his work has been benefitial
To be clear Im not saying that we should have kept him .
I'm just not spitting on his grave .
Like everything it's the sum total of events leading up to events
That makes things
Not just the events .
Are we miles ahead of when Cappy ,Elliot an Bluey had our team
Yes .
Should we have cut SK last year maybe .
But SK has helped An some of the work an systems he has implemented we are profiting from now

wrighty

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 10. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck schooled Ponga.
2 Pompey. 8. More sound on defence than either Ken or David
3 Petham 7. I feel like we have just seen the tip of the ice berg. There is more to come in the following weeks
4 Hiku 9. Few defensive lapses stop a ten. He has 7 try assists for the season. This is the most for any centre in the NRL.
5 Jennings 10. For Defence alone. Has there been a try down his wing past him yet.
6 Nikorima 8. 10 try assists have him at 14th in the league. His 7 line break assists have him in 18th. Great acquisition.
7 Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Great try assist. I thought who did that pass to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and it was Chanel Harris-Tavita. A few times he had the ball in the red zone he didn't know what to do. That aside a very credible performance and better than Blake Green would have done. Boy his goal kicking is going to prove valuable in tight matches.
8 Jamayne Tounua-Brown 8. I feel he has more to give and he is just starting to realise he could be a very good player. Still in awe of the stars on the other team and needs to get past that. Each game he plays we begin to see more of his potential and it is a bright potential.
9 Lawton 6. Service was not crisp or flat enough. Good defensively. Solid performance.
10 Burr 9. What, where, really? Was that Burr out there with 188 metres? There were two telling hit ups in the first half that sent a message. Exhibit A Burr with an 18 metre hit up from our 40 nearly to their 40 metre line. He was a dominant prop. Eels looked afraid of him. Seriously.
11 Katoa 6. It is getting harder for him to make an impact as teams have seen tape of him. The good rookies succeed despite the book being out on them. He played 80 minutes for 11 hit ups. Maybe needs to go looking for work more so that it isn't jazz trundling it up.
12 Harris. 10. 169 metres. But have decided am going to give him an automatic ten for the rest of the year. He is our Kaumatua in the forwards. The boys believe because he is with them holding the Mere.
13 Jazz. As president of the Anti Jazz movement I concede he played well but also gave away a PTB error as his custom that we were lucky to get over turned by the bunker.
14 Egan. 10. Would give 12 if I could as a reward for the player he will become. He still is yet to unfurl either his running game in full or his decent kicking game. The team hums like german sports car when he is on the field. Huge signing for us. Titans are chasing Brandon Smith hard for numbers like 700K. We can't fit Brandon in.
15 Blair. 5. Played well. Poor ball security at one point. Was an asset.
16 Alvarro. 7. Thanks cobber for helping us out.
17. Murchie. Exhibit B of a telling game turning hit up was his first hit up. He made 4 post contact metres on a set where we were struggling and this got us on the front foot for the next ten minutes. He, like Jamayne Tounua-Brown, could be anything. Just has to believe.

TP - Turning out to be an elite NRL coach in the making.

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
3 Petham 7. I feel like we have just seen the tip of the ice berg. There is more to come in the following weeks
4 Hiku 9. Few defensive lapses stop a ten. He has 7 try assists for the season. This is the most for any centre in the NRL.
5 Jennings 10. For Defence alone. Has there been a try down his wing past him yet.
6 Nikorima 8. 10 try assists have him at 14th in the league. His 7 line break assists have him in 18th. Great acquisition.
7 Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Great try assist. I thought who did that pass to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and it was Chanel Harris-Tavita. A few times he had the ball in the red zone he didn't know what to do. That aside a very credible performance and better than Blake Green would have done. Boy his goal kicking is going to prove valuable in tight matches.
8 Jamayne Tounua-Brown 8. I feel he has more to give and he is just starting to realise he could be a very good player. Still in awe of the stars on the other team and needs to get past that. Each game he plays we begin to see more of his potential and it is a bright potential.
9 Lawton 6. Service was not crisp or flat enough. Good defensively. Solid performance.
10 Burr 9. What, where, really? Was that Burr out there with 188 metres? There were two telling hit ups in the first half that sent a message. Exhibit A Burr with an 18 metre hit up from our 40 nearly to their 40 metre line. He was a dominant prop. Eels looked afraid of him. Seriously.
11 Katoa 6. It is getting harder for him to make an impact as teams have seen tape of him. The good rookies succeed despite the book being out on them. He played 80 minutes for 11 hit ups. Maybe needs to go looking for work more so that it isn't jazz trundling it up.
12 Harris. 10. 169 metres. But have decided am going to give him an automatic ten for the rest of the year. He is our Kaumatua in the forwards. The boys believe because he is with them holding the Mere.
13 Jazz. As president of the Anti Jazz movement I concede he played well but also gave away a PTB error as his custom that we were lucky to get over turned by the bunker.
14 Egan. 10. Would give 12 if I could as a reward for the player he will become. He still is yet to unfurl either his running game in full or his decent kicking game. The team hums like german sports car when he is on the field. Huge signing for us. Titans are chasing Brandon Smith hard for numbers like 700K. We can't fit Brandon in.
17. Murchie. Exhibit B of a telling game turning hit up was his first hit up. He made 4 post contact metres on a set where we were struggling and this got us on the front foot for the next ten minutes. He, like Jamayne Tounua-Brown, could be anything. Just has to believe.

Try and be objective when you are rating Jazz - when he was off in the last 10 mins of the first half the Knights were making their most metres AND the overturn of the PTB was not lucky, it was an obvious overturn.

You forgot that Katoa also made 4 offloads whether they were good offloads I don't know. He's got 14 for the season. I do agree his offence input has been down and he has been missing quite a few tackles lately.

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck seemed to be playing in the line as a link player in the same vein as Tomkins did when he was here (which was underrated at the time). I hope this continues. Our great performances are based on attitude first, it is still really important to be using the x factor where we have it.

I also think it is really important for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's development and fulfillment.

Week by week, more and more little things improve. I love Blake Greenless, Covid footy.

Jazz was awesome, I haven't been a huge fan, but he is gold defensively and if they can use him right offensively like they did yesterday he'll be the Dally M interchange player til the end of time.

Agree with the poster who mentioned Alvaro being under-cooked. Started to look better last week and looked like a contributing FGer last night.

Shout out to Jamayne Tounua-Brown too, really enjoyed some of his hit-ups. Murchie could be a weapon, hopefully his ceiling is high.

It would be a shame if Burr doesn't pick up a contract somewhere else. I'm not a fan, but having watched him at GC and the Bulldogs it would be ironic if he got left out in the wilderness just as he seems to have hit a peak in terms of his fitness, strength and dynamism in his career.

Tbh i think it's still only the tip of the ice berg with Hayze.

The kid has great feet and surprising speed. That whole game i was wishing we would run plays his way to utilize that more.

His defence has been solid as and that draw and pass to set up Jennings (which you'd expect from any centre) was so effortless and smooth you just know there's a bit more to this guy.
Seems as good as Aitken. From what I saw in Friday nights game

Last edited:

wrighty

Try and be objective when you are rating Jazz - when he was off in the last 10 mins of the first half the Knights were making their most metres AND the overturn of the PTB was not lucky, it was an obvious overturn.
Despite the interferrence of Esse'ese in the PTB, it was clear that he was being cocky and not concentrating , at least it looked to me that way. Had a seasoned veteran like Adam Blair or Harris been in the same situation they would have waited for Esse'esse to do his thing and then still played the ball correctly.

With regards to trying to be objective... my goal is to tell the truth even if they are uncomfortable truths. Jazz at this point is still on a development curve.

May be why they are playing hardball with Hiku. Maybe they see Hayze as a credible option. Pompey is a centre officially on his profile so they have three centres signed already. Hiku needs to have a think about this options.

Watching the game on Saturday, it’s not only about player positions anymore, thankfully it’s about player combinations.

Hayze and Jennings look ok (so far) on D and both are light on their feet, that hold and pass from Hayze to Jennings to score looked easy but we been missing that.

Hiku can set up any winger, Fusitua, Herbert and now Pompey, again settle the right combination and let that flourish.

Kodi with Murchie and Chanel Harris-Tavita to bring in Katoa with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck around the edge and here we go.

We need to settle on these combos and watch them grow in confidence.

Hiku brings a versatility that the others do not and is the main attack weapon we have.
He shouldn’t need to look anywhere else, we should resign him now.

May be why they are playing hardball with Hiku. Maybe they see Hayze as a credible option. Pompey is a centre officially on his profile so they have three centres signed already. Hiku needs to have a think about this options.

Yeah, honestly I was not a fan of Pompey early but his performance was really good yesterday. I've rewatched the game and Hayze really had a few nice moments without being as outright flashy as Hiku. If the club collectively think Hayze/Pompey are capable of evolving into Hiku without the errors I can see where the hardball is coming from. That said, with the sheer quality of what Hiku has produced over the last six weeks, I'd really really like us to offer him at least one more year to ensure Hayze/Pompey/Fusitua aren't our only options.

Note: This is coming from somebody that said he wanted Hiku fired into the sun multiple times earlier in the year ahaha.

I also really want us to look into Gennings. He's off contract, wants to be here and is producing really fucking good classic winger play for us. As somebody else mentioned, I haven't seen him let in a try yet.

Either way, it's shocking that our backs stocks are looking so good with Maumalo and Fusitua working on their dad bods in Auckland. I think it's really exposed how poor our forwards used to be and how much it caused us to overvalue their prop-like contributions. I think they will both be in for a fight to make it back into the team next year. Both would be well down the pecking order for me at the moment. Not just because of any perceived grudge over them going home, but we genuinely just seem to be producing better footy without them. Gennings seems to have really sured up Hiku's defence, while Pompey and Hayze are developing nicely.