• A

Votes: 31 21.2%
  • A-

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • B+

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

wrighty

Yeah, honestly I was not a fan of Pompey early but his performance was really good yesterday. I've rewatched the game and Hayze really had a few nice moments without being as outright flashy as Hiku. If the club collectively think Hayze/Pompey are capable of evolving into Hiku without the errors I can see where the hardball is coming from. That said, with the sheer quality of what Hiku has produced over the last six weeks, I'd really really like us to offer him at least one more year to ensure Hayze/Pompey/Fusitua aren't our only options.

Note: This is coming from somebody that said he wanted Hiku fired into the sun multiple times earlier in the year ahaha.

I also really want us to look into Gennings. He's off contract, wants to be here and is producing really fucking good classic winger play for us. As somebody else mentioned, I haven't seen him let in a try yet.

Either way, it's shocking that our backs stocks are looking so good with Maumalo and Fusitua working on their dad bods in Auckland. I think it's really exposed how poor our forwards used to be and how much it caused us to overvalue their prop-like contributions. I think they will both be in for a fight to make it back into the team next year. Both would be well down the pecking order for me at the moment. Not just because of any perceived grudge over them going home, but we genuinely just seem to be producing better footy without them. Gennings seems to have really sured up Hiku's defence, while Pompey and Hayze are developing nicely.
I guess on Jennings

Our wing depth next year is Ken/Fusitua/Junior Ratuva
If we sign Jennings then presumably Junior goes further down the list.
Note well; at this stage Sand Dune's development contract has not been extended past 2020 and with potentially only 4 development spots vs 6 he is unlikely to be resigned.
3 top wingers is enough depth. If you and others want Jennings in the side you need to also propose of moving David to centres or encouraging one of them to shop around or proposing we use David or Ken in a player swap,

bruce

Contributor
I guess on Jennings

Note well; at this stage Sand Dune's development contract has not been extended past 2020 and with potentially only 4 development spots vs 6 he is unlikely to be resigned.
3 top wingers is enough depth. If you and others want Jennings in the side you need to also propose of moving David to centres or encouraging one of them to shop around or proposing we use David or Ken in a player swap,
I think Fusitua in particular, and also big Ken have been shown up in their absence. Not doubting the brilliance of both of these guys they just have not been missed at all. I am sure that has not gone unnoticed.

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
Despite the interferrence of Esse'ese in the PTB, it was clear that he was being cocky and not concentrating , at least it looked to me that way. Had a seasoned veteran like Adam Blair or Harris been in the same situation they would have waited for Esse'esse to do his thing and then still played the ball correctly.

With regards to trying to be objective... my goal is to tell the truth even if they are uncomfortable truths. Jazz at this point is still on a development curve.
How is not giving Jazz a rating being objective when you rated every other player other than Jazz and Murchie

Reactions: Tragic and Rizzah

wrighty

How is not giving Jazz a rating being objective when you rated every other player other than Jazz and Murchie
Hi Dixpat
My apologies
Incompetence on my behalf. Missed both of them by accident.

I will grit my teeth and reluctantly admit that Jazz deserves an 8.5.
He was very good actually over all.

Murchie 9.5. His metres up the guts were telling and intimidating. In the NHL ice hockey we talk about "Power Forwards".
Murchie has looked like a power forward the past two weeks. Minus 0.5 for not coming up with the lollies from the Kodi bomb to him in the in goal area. He just missed scoring.

Reactions: Tragic

Dixpat

In Andy we (have to) trust
Contributor
Hi Dixpat
My apologies

Murchie 9.5. His metres up the guts were telling and intimidating. In the NHL ice hockey we talk about "Power Forwards".
Murchie has looked like a power forward the past two weeks. Minus 0.5 for not coming up with the lollies from the Kodi bomb to him in the in goal area. He just missed scoring.
Go and have a look at the game stats - if you are rating Murchie a 9.5 then Jazz would have to be a 10

By the way no need to apologise- my opinion is as irrelevant as yours!

tajhay

🏉
Hi Dixpat
My apologies

You actually rated Murchie 10, and Tevaga 7 on there mate ;)

(you can see how each member rated for each player on there btw)

wrighty

Go and have a look at the game stats - if you are rating Murchie a 9.5 then Jazz would have to be a 10

By the way no need to apologise- my opinion is as irrelevant as yours!
Haha like the quip at the end. Good post :)

He got 160 odd metres
26 tackles
3 off loads
93% tackle efficiency

The 3 off loads impresses. His run metres are counter productive to team positive outcomes when they exceed 100 metres. He should be targetting around 80 to 100 maybe 120 metres at most as a forward with his height and stature.
I could waste Jazz if he ran at me in a pick up league march at trentham memorial park just down the road and I am a fat old man. His hit ups are powder puff hit ups that don't tire the defence or send a message. He does too many hit ups. And loses points with me because of it.

Here is what he did right
Quite decent defence - good job
Good off loads - good job
Good link man. He actually really is a lock. He can actually play link man in the red zone and pass the ball on from a distribution perspective to a back or edge forward in a better position than himself. That feature of his game on Saturday impressed me the most. He never got white line fever. He was not a hungus with the ball. He actually really helped our offence be so potent through a subtle influence perspective.

Loses a few points for getting niggly at the end of the match. I don't mind deliberate calculated niggle, but he was being emotional and could have ended in a dumb penalty.
Needs to needle the opposition but not let himself be needled.

Jack deserves 9.5. I considered a 10 for him.

Some of the things SK implemented are apparent in this team .
Defence is not coached over night .
I also saw a couple of players turn in the tackle an look for the offload
An then hold onto the ball as the person they would have passed to
Has been in a worse position ..
So while SK didn't get us the results .Some of his work has been benefitial
To be clear Im not saying that we should have kept him .
I'm just not spitting on his grave .
Like everything it's the sum total of events leading up to events
That makes things
Not just the events .
Are we miles ahead of when Cappy ,Elliot an Bluey had our team
Yes .
Should we have cut SK last year maybe .
But SK has helped An some of the work an systems he has implemented we are profiting from now
Kearney get off this page

I guess on Jennings

Get rid of Fusitua he has no internal fortitude, can't do for himself, was good for a couple of seasons now languishing, not missed at all. Big Ken will need to come back strong, because if George comes he starts.
For a team that lost Afoa, Frei, Ah Mau then Paasi what we have left have done great. Those guys had better have rehabbed correctly or they are doomed.

Juat caught the highlights again.

The crispness of some of our movements is a sight to behold.

Also need to give a big wrap to Katoa for his off the ball work. Watching his decoy runs, they are perrrrrfect.

His runs created the space for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck whack on Pearce and also the sweeping Jennings movement
There was a run where he angled back inside of the ruck and hit Kurt Man flush and pushed him like 5 metres backwards.
Blocker roache comments I think.
Perfect positioning.

Reactions: Makasene

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Just watched the extended highlights again. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck slams the ball down after his try..... blocker roach Voice sounds butt hurt.....So good aye...... brings a smile to my face... wifie asked me why so happy???

We’re out of lockdown.

It’s a nice day in Auckland.

I dont have to work..

My beloved Warriors Destroyed in the Weekend!

Great start to the week...!!