General NRL 2020 Round 15 - General Discussion

wrighty

Big news - not sure where to post the courier mail report

EXCLUSIVE: Big news at the Broncos. Anthony Seibold has been offered a $1 million-plus payout to leave immediately. He must decide to quit now or face the sack next month. His turbulent reign is coming to an end.

Big news - not sure where to post the courier mail report

EXCLUSIVE: Big news at the Broncos. Anthony Seibold has been offered a $1 million-plus payout to leave immediately. He must decide to quit now or face the sack next month. His turbulent reign is coming to an end.
I put ‘wow’ but is anyone really surprised?

Most people had them as a top 8, possible top 4 and a team on the rise. They have been heavily hit by injury but it’s been a complete failure of a campaign and only lucky the dogs are keeping them off the spoon.

Reactions: snake77
I put ‘wow’ but is anyone really surprised?

Most people had them as a top 8, possible top 4 and a team on the rise. They have been heavily hit by injury but it’s been a complete failure of a campaign and only lucky the dogs are keeping them off the spoon.
They won their first two games but since the lock down they have fallen apart. Imagine if they did end up with the wooden spoon. I don't think there has been a team finishing last that won their first two games.

Reactions: wizards rage
They won their first two games but since the lock down they have fallen apart. Imagine if they did end up with the wooden spoon. I don't think there has been a team finishing last that won their first two games.

Personally, while I don't think Seibold has done a great job, who do they want as a replacement, Kevin Walters? Seriously? The only full time coaching he's ever done is at Catalans and he won 37% of his games. Coaching a team with arguably 4 of the best players to have ever play the game is not exactly the most challenging job in the world.

Personally, while I don't think Seibold has done a great job, who do they want as a replacement, Kevin Walters? Seriously? The only full time coaching he's ever done is at Catalans and he won 37% of his games. Coaching a team with arguably 4 of the best players to have ever play the game is not exactly the most challenging job in the world.
I saw it reported it was to make way for Kevin Walters you would think they would still go out to interview. Sure some people may interview better than others but it would be a sort after role that would attract quite a few candidates.

Newcastle look ready for the taking next week

Green out and they look disjointed

Did they ever, they looked so flat, any other team would have put them away with that effort, Cows just couldnt get things going.

Looks like Early retirement for Blake Green, never a good way to end your career. Despite the way he exited the Warriors you cant wish that on anyone.

But if Kodi can keep the line engaged and we have another solid performance in the centres, I see us as having more talent in the team, we just need to start living up to our potential, which we nearly did last week and the game against the Roosters. given the Covid situation, SK 2nd worst draw, we have done really well this year and could easily have made the 8 if a few mistakes by the players and the refs had gone differently, thats footy.

Parra keep impressing me. Chooks lose another player, but get James T back this week I think, Reynolds was on fire for the bunnies, man that guy can kick a field goal 4/4 from the sideline. Sharks clearly cant win without Johnson, much like when he played for the Warriors and got injured we turned to custard, considering he has missed 3 games and how far out in front with Try Assists he is, and the timing of them turning the season around when the Media gave it to Shaun Johnson makes it how obvious they rely on him now. Especially when Townsend is out. I dont see the Sharks or Newc going passed round 1. CNK another brilliant defensive game from the player who never got a crack under SK, insane. Imagine CNK in our team at centre and Shaun Johnson still there, we would have soooo much money for a quality 9. oh well Turner had a fantastic debut and imo Hayze looks better at centre, which makes the signing of Euan a bit unnecessary, either way, great signings for next year. Raiders just looked clinical. But they have done for so long but just lose out in the finals.

Im thinking Eels Vs Panther GF at this stage. If Roosters get some injured players back I think they have a chance at making it 3 in a row. Storm, without either Smith may start losing some games. But, I can see any of the top 5 and Souths making the GF.

Reactions: Worried2Death

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
you would have to think TP would put his hand up for it. Certainly a prime gig to get if you can land it. Plus his experience with holding the warriors together given this year show hes got some people skills. Actually when you think about it he could hire SK as assistant and it would make a solid rebuild combo with a decent roster like they have, could see them back in finals sooner rather than later

Reactions: Worried2Death

Stalefish540

Contributor
you would have to think TP would put his hand up for it. Certainly a prime gig to get if you can land it. Plus his experience with holding the warriors together given this year show hes got some people skills. Actually when you think about it he could hire SK as assistant and it would make a solid rebuild combo with a decent roster like they have, could see them back in finals sooner rather than later
TP is a good fella, he shouldn't take that poison challice. I hope he gets the Cows job, a much less high pressure and less in your face job.

Reactions: DallyM

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
TP is a good fella, he shouldn't take that poison challice. I hope he gets the Cows job, a much less high pressure and less in your face job.
yea but location isnt as good and normally, normally the broncos have the better nursery. It should be a prime gig for anyone. I also think the Cowboys are on a real fall for the next year or two.