• C

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • F----

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arfur

Warriors Bench Player
May 23, 2012
Just a thought. If we had lost this game due to the ref giving a penalty because someone threw a lost boot away, I for one would have been pretty pissed off! Has this occurred before?

Arfur

Warriors Bench Player
May 23, 2012
Yes we have lost games because of refs before .
Just so you're prepared when it happens .
I meant, cause somebody threw a loose boot away. I'll bet it would be hard to find that in the rule book. Bad sportsmanship? Jeez, if that's the case the refs would be handing out penalty's all game!

Reactions: Worried2Death

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Just back on Papali’i, I remember him coming through 20’s with big wraps, someone mentioned him in the same breath as Taumalolo (may have been the tin cat) but when I saw him standing with his mum & dad I knew he wasn‘t getting much bigger.

Pity because he is powerful for his statue, not too late to switch back to rugby imo. Probably better placed to have a decent career in a position more suited to him.

Reactions: BeastMode

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 4, 2016
Just a thought. If we had lost this game due to the ref giving a penalty because someone threw a lost boot away, I for one would have been pretty pissed off! Has this occurred before?
It’s happened a few times.
The new rule came in last year. I can recall Ben hunt and Maloney being penalised for it

Reactions: Off The Bench

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
In fairness to Blair his other option was to run right over top of the ref - should have taken it!
Haha-good to give him a good natured ribbing for that.
Overall I think the whole message board is very pleased with Adam Blair this year. I think we will come to look back on his time with the warriors fondly. He was somewhat of an iron man with his continuity and turning up week after week for us. He turned into being a decent signing by the warriors even considering his 650K price tag.

• Haha
Reactions: tajhay and danyooll

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
Haha-good to give him a good natured ribbing for that.
Overall I think the whole message board is very pleased with Adam Blair this year. I think we will come to look back on his time with the warriors fondly. He was somewhat of an iron man with his continuity and turning up week after week for us. He turned into being a decent signing by the warriors even considering his 650K price tag.

I don't know what he got up to during the forced break but he has come back twice the player he was in the first two rounds.

His on-field exploits have been up and down which basically typifies the SK era. It does however sound like he has been a real asset off the field to the younger players and if he has helped them become better men then being a better player usually follows - If that is the true outcome from his overs pay packet I can live with that.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Based on this weeks performance and finally seeing the young guys we have been watching in u20 and res grade in 1st grade getting a full game, Im excited about the future. Solid owners, Gould on board to help out in many ways, a new coach who will hopefully retain the good and add a layer of offense so our huge numbers in completions and redzone possession equal points.

For me this week was a tipping point, in where the club is finally heading and the difference a few X factor players can do to push the rest of the team. RTS looked composed and MUCH less stressed like the weight of the world was lifted of his shoulders.

I think Hayze is going to put pressure on 1st grade centres next year, of which we should not be lacking in quality, also he will be a good 5/8th backup. As long as the team can commit to a year in Aus, we should be sweet.

I think Paul turner will put pressure on Kodi to get a contract extension. He is far more dynamic imo and not based off this one game, he has been a force in waiting. He may also make any faint hope of SJ at 30yo returning should George get the boot.

Having players fighting for positions is a positive thing. I just dont get why we needed to sign Euan. IMO our offense wont improve just because of him, Gerard Beale, a one time Kanga, SoO, All Stars player ends his career wit us in reserve grade. I feel Peta has shown commitment to wanting to retain being at the club and he has enough experience should the 5/8th suck the defending centre in, to shift it to he wing for the overlap, that is if we have a 6 who can do that. Kodi will only go so far with his running game and whilst he has had 4 fantastic games in a row, what happens when individual brilliance turns off. When SJ turned off he was still filling the role of draw and pass, solid kicking game and 75% conversion/penalty rate. Kodi needs to get schooled soon or I think hes gonna get lapped.Which is not a bad thing. Get the young guys with X factor in, let Nat Brown do his thing, retain our young NZ x factor players who will in turn put pressure on in reserve grade.

I am very positive about our future, we have multiple players showing X factor and some young forwards showing dynamic foot work and ball skills, not just logs running the ball forward.

RTS easily MoM this game imo, those stats are outrageously good. He also looked calm and composed.

So a solid team across the park next year, some X factor players in the wings, some good reliable forwards, really the only place it could go wrong is either in management doing something silly or the coach not delivering some offensive focus. If we score 26 points on avg we make the top 4, its really that simple, how do we score those points will be up to the coach. Not letting the culture of Completion rate and Defense that SK implemented slip will also be critical. So 26-10 type games becoming the norm for us. I havnt had faith in us having the intensity to deliver that kind of 24 round performance, well ever, but on a lesser level, since Cleary.

Excited.

I know Nat Brown doesnt want to impinge on Peytons coaching but given he is now the long term coach going forward, wouldnt just being in the sheds, seeing who is up and down, getting a feel for the culture, have been a huge head start for him prior to starting next year and having to spend half a season learning the above?

Reactions: gubbbs

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Based on this weeks performance and finally seeing the young guys we have been watching in u20 and res grade in 1st grade getting a full game, Im excited

eho, cuz...question for you...

You cheering for Lino this weekend a little bit or do you hard out regard him as the opposition.
Posting this due to your previous posts on Mason 2-3 years ago.

Reactions: Bushman

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
You cheering for Lino this weekend a little bit or do you hard out regard him as the opposition.
I dont think I cheer for any individual players to be honest, we have seldom had any real X factor players and played as a team, maybe Stacey and SJ, I watch most games, but always watch Sharks and Raiders games live now. I watch the rest on NRL TV

Ummm, he is the opposition, but I would like to see him do well at the same time. I think I feel this way about all ex NZ developed Warriors players.

I think though if the Knights play like the last game, even with Mas, the Warriors will win. They will have got a flogging by the coach Id imagine.

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2013
Northland
Based on this weeks performance and finally seeing the young guys we have been watching in u20 and res grade in 1st grade getting a full game, Im excited about the future. Solid owners, Gould on board to help out in many ways, a new coach who will hopefully retain the good and add a layer of offense so our huge numbers in completions and redzone possession equal points.

For me this week was a tipping point, in where the club is finally heading and the difference a few X factor players can do to push the rest of the team. RTS looked composed and MUCH less stressed like the weight of the world was lifted of his shoulders.

I think Hayze is going to put pressure on 1st grade centres next year, of which we should not be lacking in quality, also he will be a good 5/8th backup. As long as the team can commit to a year in Aus, we should be sweet.

I think Paul turner will put pressure on Kodi to get a contract extension. He is far more dynamic imo and not based off this one game, he has been a force in waiting. He may also make any faint hope of SJ at 30yo returning should George get the boot.

Having players fighting for positions is a positive thing. I just dont get why we needed to sign Euan. IMO our offense wont improve just because of him, Gerard Beale, a one time Kanga, SoO, All Stars player ends his career wit us in reserve grade. I feel Peta has shown commitment to wanting to retain being at the club and he has enough experience should the 5/8th suck the defending centre in, to shift it to he wing for the overlap, that is if we have a 6 who can do that. Kodi will only go so far with his running game and whilst he has had 4 fantastic games in a row, what happens when individual brilliance turns off. When SJ turned off he was still filling the role of draw and pass, solid kicking game and 75% conversion/penalty rate. Kodi needs to get schooled soon or I think hes gonna get lapped.Which is not a bad thing. Get the young guys with X factor in, let Nat Brown do his thing, retain our young NZ x factor players who will in turn put pressure on in reserve grade.

I am very positive about our future, we have multiple players showing X factor and some young forwards showing dynamic foot work and ball skills, not just logs running the ball forward.

RTS easily MoM this game imo, those stats are outrageously good. He also looked calm and composed.

So a solid team across the park next year, some X factor players in the wings, some good reliable forwards, really the only place it could go wrong is either in management doing something silly or the coach not delivering some offensive focus. If we score 26 points on avg we make the top 4, its really that simple, how do we score those points will be up to the coach. Not letting the culture of Completion rate and Defense that SK implemented slip will also be critical. So 26-10 type games becoming the norm for us. I havnt had faith in us having the intensity to deliver that kind of 24 round performance, well ever, but on a lesser level, since Cleary.

Excited.

I know Nat Brown doesnt want to impinge on Peytons coaching but given he is now the long term coach going forward, wouldnt just being in the sheds, seeing who is up and down, getting a feel for the culture, have been a huge head start for him prior to starting next year and having to spend half a season learning the above?
Cuz Beale never played SoO or Kangas he played for the Kiwis, but I get your drift.

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Cuz Beale never played SoO or Kangas he played for the Kiwis, but I get your drift.
One time junior Kanga.
It's what made him realise he is a Kiwi.
Facing the haka he said it felt wrong.
From there he made his choice to persue the Kiwi jersey.
Cant remember the resource, if I read it or watched it when he first made a Kiwi squad.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings