Results are only viewable after voting.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Was anyone else waiting for the inevitable mistake to cost us the game at 26-22??

Good character to see that out, but should have never been in that situation when we were 16 points up twice

Yup, very nearly went for a cup of tea and a lie down.

I guess being down to 12 men doesn't help the situation though and not sure the last knock on against Mad Jack was legit.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
I know what you mean but hecka I think I’d take it, the guys an out and out hard man exactly what our pack needs, it was telling when he did that to Tapau NO ONE from Manly came in to take him on that to me says a lot. I really hope he’s here next year.

He is who I was hoping Bam might have been, might be out for a chunk but who cares.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
WOW look at this Sports Headline from an Aussie Newspaper
"Giant Killers" now
Reality check, we recently beat 2 teams outside the top 8 and have yet to beat a current top 8 team. Which giants have we killed - except for Marty Taupau!

At least we’re being noticed and with the right attitude we will be in the games against the better teams.

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Back in the day Malcolm Reilly would have got to his feet and head butted him, concussion and all, come to think of it Ian Roberts would have as well, and Mark Broadhurst. All Manly players by the way. How things have changed.
I love listening to stories by Matty Johns on Malcolm Reilly, what a tough bugger, a real legend 👍

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Not on his form ..to date ...for the money ....now if he was 600k-700k different story.... Very Good player but not Great ... of course I hope this changes ...been following. the warrriors since they joined the comp sadly ..started following the game during the time of the Green machine Vs Balmain tigers....
You don't think that he (Rodge) could be adjusting from 'the I have to do everything Man' to 'Bloody hell these other MF's have decided to dig in as well'?
Shell shocked like the rest of us!

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
You don't think that he (Rodge) could be adjusting from 'the I have to do everything Man' to 'Bloody hell these other MF's have decided to dig in as well'?
Shell shocked like the rest of us!
I am sure that is part of it. If he were still playing for the Roosters the mind boggles, but he wouldn't be on a million there.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Reality check, we recently beat 2 teams outside the top 8 and have yet to beat a current top 8 team. Which giants have we killed - except for Marty Taupau!

At least we’re being noticed and with the right attitude we will be in the games against the better teams.
A win over a top 8 side would help confidence wise, especially carrying into 2021.

I think the best we are likely to do is compete and spoil a few of the fringe sides top 8 prospects.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I love listening to stories by Matty Johns on Malcolm Reilly, what a tough bugger, a real legend 👍
There was another Pom forward called Cliff Watson. Cronulla brought him down to take care of little Tommy Bishop in the 1970s. One day at Brookvale Reilly belted Bishop so Watson came in and belted him. They ended up in a hell of a scrap in the middle of Brookvale. They couldn't pull them apart, they were punching and head butting each other. They were both a mess when they finished and both got ordered off. Old guys reckoned it was the toughest fight they had ever seen. Those Poms were as tough as anything.

Then there was Mark Broadhurst from Christchurch. Nice guy and not that dirty but very tough and full of guts. One day at the SCG he got stuck in a brawl against Newtown. They still talk about it.

I know Taupau is big and strong but those guys would have eaten him for breakfast and asked for more.

Excuse me I have to get a tissue.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
There was another Pom forward called Cliff Watson. Cronulla brought him down to take care of little Tommy Bishop in the 1970s. One day at Brookvale Reilly belted Bishop so Watson came in and belted him. They ended up in a hell of a scrap in the middle of Brookvale. They couldn't pull them apart, they were punching and head butting each other. They were both a mess when they finished and both got ordered off. Old guys reckoned it was the toughest fight they had ever seen. Those Poms were as tough as anything.

Then there was Mark Broadhurst from Christchurch. Nice guy and not that dirty but very tough and full of guts. One day at the SCG he got stuck in a brawl against Newtown. They still talk about it.

I know Taupau is big and strong but those guys would have eaten him for breakfast and asked for more.

Excuse me I have to get a tissue.
Just remember Bruce the big forwards today are much bigger than in the sixties when you & I played.We have halfbacks today 100kg.I played in the second row & was about 11 stone(too small for half back these days).And I played against Mark Broadhurst & was tuff as .The fight you talking about was against Steve Bowden from Newtown .Good ol days Haha.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Just remember Bruce the big forwards today are much bigger than in the sixties when you & I played.We have halfbacks today 100kg.I played in the second row & was about 11 stone(too small for half back these days).And I played against Mark Broadhurst & was tuff as .The fight you talking about was against Steve Bowden from Newtown .Good ol days Haha.
Yes they are big and strong like I said, but balls cannot be got with weight training.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings