Post Match NRL 2020 - Round 12 - Tigers vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014
I thought the reffing was pretty good. The tigers 1st try could have been a forward pass but it was close. Leilua falling over at marker for Lawtons
try I’m glad they didn’t go upstairs for, and Hiku should have got sinbinned for that infringement in the 80th minute.

Overall I’d say we got a slight rub of the green. Well overdue though.

wrighty

Here’s the Captain Challenge on Jazz’s lost ball

see the players right boot. It’s back heel knocks the direction of the ball literally 90degrees off-balancing Jazz causing him to stumble.

bunker got it wrong.

enjoyed watching this game again to spot all the finer details ...

View attachment 43003
Great pic
And great posting to share this

However every play of the ball is messy and interfered with. He shouldn't have rushed the play of the ball.
Sometimes Tohu will go to play it, then pause and stop if a defender is compromising the ruck integral area.
Jazz made a crucial mistake there and they scored off the pursuant set.

That said it was Jazz's strongest game in two years and if he can just stop making play of the ball errors like the above, notwithstanding competitive interferrence then maybe he can be an NRL standard player.

Remember though Jazz is nearly 25 and is a veteran of 61 games. What does it say that he is still very early on his learning curve.

wrighty

What are you trying to say?
Hi

1) We are on the same team both cheering for the warriors
2) Payten will impress by winning and not by clear headed press conferences. I don't value that he is articulate. I just value winning as my proof of his credentials.
3) He impressed me last night that he won
4) his record is 2 wins 4 losses so I am not impressed, SK could have done that.
5) The next three matches are Manly, Panthers, Dogs. Knights
If he wins 3 out of 4 and gets to a record of 5 wins and 5 losses then he is excellent and is worth having ahead of the highly qualified and more experienced other candidates.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
If he wins 3 out of 4 and gets to a record of 5 wins and 5 losses then he is excellent and is worth having ahead of the highly qualified and more experienced other candidates.
If you take a cricket test team (a comparison to Kearney’s Warriors) and then change coach and tell them to go out and play 20/20 style cricket, no matter how good the coach, some players cannot adapt.

Its like asking Mark Richardson to suddenly go out and start smashing the ball around. He’s trained long term not to do that and cannot adapt just because the coach decides to play differently. Some players we have were Kearney specials and will never suit an attacking structure.

Our players have been physically conditioned to play a slow, grinding low error type of game. Our training (the same training repetitively) has resulted in slow reactions. Other teams train much more dynamically and it shows on the field. Arguable the players conditioning contributes more to on-field success than a coaches game plan and conditioning doesn’t change fast. We’re still playing under Kearney’s conditioning.

Don’t expect to much to soon results wise. The game plan is only as good as the current limits of the players.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
5) The next three matches are Manly, Panthers, Dogs. Knights
I can see us beating a few teams and finishing closer to the top 8 than the spoon. 3/4 is possible. So is 1/4 if I’m being realistic.

Good to see we are competing though when it could have all fallen apart this year.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Been perving at some of the Tigers forum

it’s a beautiful thing

comments about them getting the spoon next year, how their club is in crisis

some dickhead comments saying we shouldnt in the nrl, but overall good Sunday arvo reading..
I had to go have a read. Still a lot of support for Madge but some calling for his head and some want Bellamy to replace him, a lot of blame for Ivan on there and apparently this is still his team so cant blame madge. Change a few names and it's a familiar bunch of losers supporting a team just making up the numbers, must really suck.

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
Presume Morgan is then the other defence coach or do they swap around depending on who's turn it is to put out the cones?
Have no idea mate who does what now, do you? If the dig about putting out the cones is at kearney least it showed he didn't think he was above it...my source says jones was/ is lazy so maybe has never been humble enough to think about working with & for the team. Payten may talk the talk but has yet to prove he can walk the walk. Hope for the team's sake he can but his record this year isn't up to kearneys yet - extra-odinary season by anyone's standards but if it wasn't good enough for kearney to see out the year its not a good enough excuse to give payten a pass or the job.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
I had to go have a read. Still a lot of support for Madge but some calling for his head and some want Bellamy to replace him, a lot of blame for Ivan on there and apparently this is still his team so cant blame madge. Change a few names and it's a familiar bunch of losers supporting a team just making up the numbers, must really suck.

Yeah, the Madge spray and I’m gonna kick the chair ... scare the shit out of everyone doesn’t work anymore

seen it one too many times and now it’s just noise..

just talks like a mad man

their players have tuned out....

that’s the problem with hot head coaches like him and Toovey.. after a while it meh to everyone listening to it for the second time ... all that huff and puff.. that’s all it is...

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
Have no idea mate who does what now, do you? If the dig about putting out the cones is at kearney least it showed he didn't think he was above it...my source says jones was/ is lazy so maybe has never been humble enough to think about working with & for the team. Payten may talk the talk but has yet to prove he can walk the walk. Hope for the team's sake he can but his record this year isn't up to kearneys yet - extra-odinary season by anyone's standards but if it wasn't good enough for kearney to see out the year its not a good enough excuse to give payten a pass or the job.
[/QUO
I'm still p'd off that they used a kpi or ultimatum set for an odinary season to get rid of kearney in an extra-odinary season. I believe the win loss record for tis season under payten (plus every other adjustment re players etc) would be no worse if they'd had the balls to leave him there...might even be better. We'll never know because whats done is done. Yet payten is getting kudos cos he talks better? Thats no way to pick a coach if thats all he's got. I could take up space & go over the past couple of years aboit why things went wrong (injuries, lazy staff, possible white-anting etc) but in the end most made up their minds a ling time ago. I think we made a mistake or three & the chipd will fall wherever...

Reactions: brightman

Murraytd

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 5, 2014
Brisbane
Listened to the game on the radio (actually enjoyed it), and was refreshing to hear commentators referencing the fear factor that the Warriors bring to the game/opposition when they play to a less structured game plan! it only took 8 years sadly.

Kudos boy's, and Todd! I am not 100% sure on locking in Todd long term yet. Not Todd's fault, just sceptical based on previous atrocious coaching appointments made by us. 1 year contract would seem the right option, allows a full pre-season to condition the team in readiness for Todd's playing style, and doesn't lock us in if things go pear shaped.

It is refreshing to see over the last 6 weeks the club as a whole appears to be heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizzah and Miket12

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Rate Match

Last Game

09 Apr

12 - 13
4.9 Total Avg Rating
4.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 15 ratings