Post Match NRL 2020 - Round 12 - Tigers vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
The over the top praise of Todd is alarming. I hope the owners don't think the same. We were so shit in the first half and had nothing on attack as normal. I need to see more of the 2nd half before I even cosinder Todd. If his selections and game plan is that wildly different to SK how was he his assistant? Surely they have to be on the same page?
Todd is 2 wins and 4 losses

And there is only one "easy" game left out of the next 8

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

I don't think Todd can be compared with SK. SK ran the show, evidenced by his fallout with Cappy. Just me, but I am noticing a gradual improvement in attitude and freedom. The team cannot get rid of three years of the most boring coaching in our club history over night.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
He blew two tries that Ken would have scored otherwise I agree. It is interesting that without our two rock stars we win...funny that.

More balanced side I reckon, I think the coaching team draws the wrong conclusions from Ken's stats.

Ken has his place in a league team but he is too slow and not agile enough for my tastes. I don't care if he has won a Daly M award either if it doesn't contribute to winning football.

I know people compare him to Manu, but Manu was bloody quick.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
The over the top praise of Todd is alarming. I hope the owners don't think the same. We were so shit in the first half and had nothing on attack as normal. I need to see more of the 2nd half before I even cosinder Todd. If his selections and game plan is that wildly different to SK how was he his assistant? Surely they have to be on the same page?
We were pretty much the same as the Tigers who are looking like a top 8 team, which is a massive step up.

As sooo many commentators seem to have inside info on who draws up the plays and who signs off on them, can you please tell me?

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
More balanced side I reckon, I think the coaching team draws the wrong conclusions from Ken's stats.

Ken has his place in a league team but he is too slow and not agile enough for my tastes. I don't care if he has won a Daly M award either if it doesn't contribute to winning football.

I know people compare him to Manu, but Manu was bloody quick.
Will be interesting if this Junior Ratuva kid gets fit and has a big pre season to oust one of our wingers. The highlights I watched had him as big, but faster and more skillful.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
There was a time on our try line and Tohu Harris was at dummy half. The pass was so fast and clean, just like a hooker. I think he's one of the most skilful big men I've ever seen. After the start I said to my mrs it's going to be a long night, I was so wrong. Great team effort.
Not only skillful, His engine is huge! One of the fittest players I've seen. Just keeps on going & going.

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
Did anyone see Nofoaluma take a hit up and he had a couple of players hanging onto him trying to put him on the ground. But he was holding them up looking into the crowd with the most eat ass look on his face(The rock eyebrow lol) as if to say these bitches aren't shit!!? Lol.....

I was so happy we beat these fools. Especially after his antics.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

What are you trying to say?

Here’s the Tigers first “try”.... look at where Leulula’s feet are relative to the ball and where Moses is...

speaking of Jazz, bunker got it wrong as well. He was impeded when playing the ball....

1596261004065.jpeg

Last edited:

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
I don't know if you can say it's just down to everyone putting in a better effort. Hooker is probably the most important position in the game these days. If your hooker isn't doing their job, it has a massive impact. Just look at the difference in the Broncos tonight with Turpin as opposed to how they've been all season. Immediate lift. Or shit, even last week with us, when CHT came on. The effort was all there but the poor service out of dummy half lost us control of the game. If Egan comes on there instead, I reckon that would've made a huge difference. Just passing the ball is simple in theory but there's a reason that the Storm can still dominate with 3 fullbacks in their spine and Cameron Smith at dummy half.

Egan is not the finished product yet and I'm not implying he's going to be a tenth of the player that Cameron Smith is, but he's clearly playing that kind of role. When I mention his vision, I'm talking about how he helps organise the attack, is constantly reading the defence, and rarely sends the ball the wrong way or makes the wrong decision. That and his level of service is better than any hooker we've had for a long time. The no-look passes and little misdirections are cute but that's not the core of his game. For what Egan brings to us, watch us beat the Broncos again. He was outstanding.

He's still got a ways to go but the tools are there. I would like him to back his running game more and put a few more kicks in. He has that in his locker. As far as running goes though, Lawton is faster and stronger. And that's okay. It doesn't have to be a thing where we choose between one or the other. They're very different players and can co-exist in the same side.
I respect your opinion. But I'm not convinced. My eyes see it a lot differently. His service may be good at times. Its his decision making that pisses me off.
If we're set up on one side and something is on. He'll more than often pass the other way.
Yes, We'd like him to run a bit more. At the moment, He looks slow & laboured.

Smith plays his role & the role of a half. He organisers his backs & forwards.
Hes an extra coach on feild & the players respect him & listen.

I'm not sure Egan is anything like him(As you mentioned) in style of play.

Can't compare him to CHT. Who is a half. Or to Turpin(Who is a half & hooker with plenty of pace)

Egan is more like McCollough.
Steady as you go. Needs the right players around him to excel.
McCollough moves to Newcastle and has mean forward pack with heaps of go forward. Experienced & skilled halves. With a world class fullback & young up & coming backline.

We don't have that luxury. We need a hooker who is more dynamic, That can run and give us metres as our forwards don't. Lol.

As you mentioned, Plenty of time to work on his flaws. And I'm not doubting him. I hope he gets better.
I don't mind him off the bench. Lawton to start.

Just want to see a bit more from him.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Here’s the Captain Challenge on Jazz’s lost ball

see the players right boot. It’s back heel knocks the direction of the ball literally 90degrees off-balancing Jazz causing him to stumble.

bunker got it wrong.

enjoyed watching this game again to spot all the finer details ...

1596261036396.jpeg

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
What annoyed me about the bunker is he took only one quick look and ruled immediately agAinst Jazz l

previous play he had a couple of reviews for the Tigers challenge to make sure before rejecting it...

wheres the consistency when they keep getting the simple stuff wrong?

this game shouldn’t have been close...

I’d argue the same for the lost against the chooks and tits

ref fucked us over

Payten should be sitting on 4 solid wins in the top 8

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings