Votes: 8 8.8%
  • F---

Votes: 78 85.7%

• Total voters

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Sorry but this is just total rubbish.

The NRL cannot force any team to do anything. They tried that with Souths.

The Warriors are the cornerstone of the NRLs international broadcasting agreements - SKY pay enough to fund the grants for half the teams in the comp each year alone.

Our team is shit
Our management is shit
Our owners have a big question mark over it

But unless the club literally folds from insolvency there will always be a NZ team in the NRL.
And nz rugby league gets nothing for it!

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Amongst all the SJ haters on here, is that your best effort? Come on Sledge Sledge, Waiting For Premiership and the rest of you with your eyes painted on, how did you think SJ played? Player swap for RTS any time.
He played well and was pumped for the game but:
- He has a far superior forward pack at the Sharks to work behind and his game relies on front foot ball.
- SJ still can’t lead to the sharks to victory against top teams.
- A month ago the Sharks supporters were wanting him dropped.

Seems to be the same SJ as ever.

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
There is an alternate universe where Ivan stays for the rest of his career and we have a halves combination of Cleary and Johnson for a decade.

I think about that too much.

I love this haha!

But in all honesty do we think Nathan Cleary would come through the same player in NZ vs the nursery of Penrith?

I'd have my doubts but gee it's a good fantasy

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
He played well and was pumped for the game but:
- He has a far superior forward pack at the Sharks to work behind and his game relies on front foot ball.
- SJ still can’t lead to the sharks to victory against top teams.
- A month ago the Sharks supporters were wanting him dropped.

Seems to be the same SJ as ever.
Yeah still the same bitch! Just a bigger bitch now hes in a sharks jersey!

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
I’m going to come out and say it.. we lack a bit of quality! 😬
.. oh and one more thing, I’m sick of posters saying they want RTS to leave and realise his potential somewhere else, you are dead set not supporters of this club - fact!
Think your been very generous, a bit of quality. We lack shit loads!

Reactions: Off The Bench

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Did anyone goto the Mt Smart game viewing event? Supposedly the hierarchy were going to address the fans before the game?
Yes, myself and Mt Wellington were there.

A good turnout, a disappointing result for whose who attended but really could we expect much more??

I took some notes from the Q&A with Cameron George and Rob Croot. Will post these tomorrow.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Why would they?

This is not a monopoly. You really think Sky would let the likes of Spark Sport scoop one of their 2 key products (Union being the other)
Sky won’t have the money to compete. Sky is a shell of what it used to be. Their value 5 years ago was about 5 billion. Now they are worth 250m. The rights at the next renegotiation in 2022 will be unaffordable relative to their company value. They had to do an ownership deal with rugby which they won’t do for league.

Spark are worth almost 9 billion (36x the value of Sky). There will be a monopoly next time around and it will be all Spark.

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
Sky won’t have the money to compete. Sky is a shell of what it used to be. Their value 5 years ago was about 5 billion. Now they are worth 250m. The rights at the next renegotiation in 2022 will be unaffordable relative to their company value. They had to do an ownership deal with rugby which they won’t do for league.

Spark are worth almost 9 billion (36x the value of Sky). There will be a monopoly next time around and it will be all Spark.

Ok - just not sure of your point.

Really only solidifies my point of how valuable we are to the NRL

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
Amongst all the SJ haters on here, is that your best effort? Come on Sledge Sledge, Waiting For Premiership and the rest of you with your eyes painted on, how did you think SJ played? Player swap for RTS any time.
You mean the guy that was called out by Cronk a few weeks back about being so inconsistent for a few years and the same one the Matty Johns show tonight are asking him to step up against the good teams? Let’s not forget he played well against our shite team, the same team that you backed Kearney to stay on as coach.

Last edited:

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
You mean the guy that was called out by Cronk a few weeks back about being so inconsistent for a few years and the same one the Matty Johns show tonight are asking him to step up against the good teams? Let’s not forget he played well against our shite team, the same team that you backed Kearney to stay on as coach.
Yeah the guy we haven't been able to replace .an haven't looked anything like a
Footy team since he left . The guy leading the NRL in try assists .
That guy yes him .

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Ok - just not sure of your point.

Really only solidifies my point of how valuable we are to the NRL
I think he's pointing out that there is a fair chance there won't be any money
For anything .An if we don't have veiwer support it's anyone's guess .

Louim8

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 19, 2020
Team looks real bad, and i cant see it getting much better anytime soon. Im already looking foward to next season even though im going to put myself through the torture of watching this team for the remainder of this season.

I would really appreciate if they get rid of Hiku and Maumalo. Both are terrible defensively allthough in hikus case its not for want of trying. Maumalo is lazy and looks uninterested.
Herbert is not an nrl level player. Fisutua is a very talented wing and i am a huge fan but he needs to work of his game and effort more.
I feel for rts and tohu harris. I love karl lawtons effort week in and week out no matter the position he plays. Green is not the answer at 7 but who else do we have, not just this season but next?
Katoa is a really exiting prospect. Jtb is a fringe nrl player. Adam blair needs to go. I like Hetheringtons energy, but he needs to tone his offloads down abit. I am impressed when i watch the way papalii defends, he is always cleaning up defensivly and put some big hits in today. He is better suited to a lock role as opposed to his own thinking of a edge foward. Not a fan of egan and i wonder if nikorima is the answer at 9.

Lets hope they keep the score respectable against the rosters.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I’m a bit numb with this team at the moment, find myself not really caring and particularly respecting any of our players except maybe Tohu.
As I mentioned in another thread I left the game at half time today, just didn’t care to even watch the second half and I wasn’t the only one leaving. Warriors should be worried, for a “home” game there was minimal warriors fans there, think I saw less than 20 in Warriors gear, vast majority were sharks fans. Did hear a NZer complaining about being turned away at the gate because he wasn’t a member and they told him he had to buy a membership to get in- not sure if this was a factor in the poor turnout.
Could tell from the start of the game we just weren’t interested, Sharks were screaming instructions at each other- we were deathly quiet. Was in Kens corner first half and his body language was just shit, could tell he didn’t want to be there, even when we were conceding easy tries we were just going through the motions.
At a bit of a loss with what’s next, play a crap brand of footy, players don’t want to come, not looking too promising with coaching prospects and we are letting these losers off with constant excuses- I’m just numb and over it.
Watched the Storm game with a Storm fan on fri night and was jealous, must be nice to have a professional and exciting team to follow- miss 2002

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings