• AwesomeNachos
  • Johnnyray
please explain the A+ :wtf: :oops:

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
where was that reported?
Yeah it's a strange one. Cameron George stated that he told the players AFTER the match. Partners were notified during the game.

That said, with most players prolific on social media they prob found it on their feeds whilst browsing tiktok, Insta whilst the coaches were giving them instructions.

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
No one is saying there were fat slobs

But relative to what you expect from a professional outfit, they looked unfit and slow. Whether that was a deliberate tactic who knows.

They were clearly outgunned in the 9’s by younger and faster opponents, outgunned in the trials and outgunned in rd 1.

To say they look fine is not in line with the results or how they are performing.

To say they are just naturally “big” is an excuse.
Wasn't you but there are people in here calling them "porgie". And I never said they looked fine, I said they did not look out of shape. To add to this, no ones body composition looks drastically different to when Corvo was in charge of fitness, not that looks have anything to do with aerobic and anaerobic fitness to be fair.

I wholeheartedly agree that they make snails look like cheetahs.

Last edited:

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
I heard it on the commentary I think. They were told just before they ran on. Drop lipped time.
Everything we've heard is the players were not told till after the game, as stated here also it was only decided during the game and fed to media then. The team were not aware till after the game when George addressed the team. We are a bumbling mess, but even CG and SK arn't unprofessional enough to brief the team on that before kickoff.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
With Kearney in Aussie and George now I’m NZ there is no way Anything will happen to Kearney while this is all going on.

He is the glue that needs to hold the team together no matter how badly we get smashed.

They literally cant go over to move against him and for the sake of the team he needs to be supported until this is all over

The timing could not be any friggin worse which pisses me off. The whole SK has 6 games to prove himself will be out the window now.

Is pretty depressing actually.

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 12, 2017
No one looked overly out of shape to me either. But people will always see what they want to see.

Mate there were several players who looked much bigger than usual.

I'm not saying they are to blame but it seems we have really bulked up some of our players in the off-season.

Reactions: Uncmase

WA supporter

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Mar 18, 2017
Perth
Everything we've heard is the players were not told till after the game, as stated here also it was only decided during the game and fed to media then. The team were not aware till after the game when George addressed the team. We are a bumbling mess, but even CG and SK arn't unprofessional enough to brief the team on that before kickoff.
Just rewatched the presser and CG first says they were informed by the NZG prior to kick of about what was happening. He then claims to have told the players after the game,then for the conir theorists among us,he says he emailed the wife’s 30 mins before the presser about the situation. My point being that the game had finished more than 30 mins before?!.....grassy knolls anyone!

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Just rewatched the presser and CG first says they were informed by the NZG prior to kick of about what was happening. He then claims to have told the players after the game,then for the conir theorists among us,he says he emailed the wife’s 30 mins before the presser about the situation. My point being that the game had finished more than 30 mins before?!.....grassy knolls anyone!
So from what you're saying it sounds like Jacinda phoned Cam 30 mins before the game and said this is your last chance to stop being shit or you'll be all in the Gold Coast Titans.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Stalefish540

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
Wasn't you but there are people in here calling them "porgie". And I never said they looked fine, I said they did not look out of shape. To add to this, no ones body composition looks drastically different to when Corvo was in charge of fitness, not that looks have anything to do with aerobic and anaerobic fitness to be fair.

I wholeheartedly agree that they make snails look like cheetahs.

They may look alright to us average joes. But when they lineup against opposition teams the physiques of our men compared to opposing teams is night & day.
When Blair came here he was ripped as hell and looked physically bigger in the shoulders arms & chest. And had abs.

Seems to have lost some size & muscle since coming here.

Isaiah looked more lean last year. This year he has bulked up significantly.
I'm not sure it's a good weight gain as he was had it after 5 minutes.

Hiku & Harris are part of the love handle club. Hiku has always had a dads bod. Ill give him a pass. And Harris is just back from injury. But does that excuse them from doing sit ups? Lol

Even Captain Fantastic looked a little heavy(Still looked better than most men lol)

I want our boys to be more professional. And show us they put in 100 percent in the pre season. And at least look like they care. As a fan since day dot. Thats all i ask. Not turn up and look like they don't give a fuck. And thats how i felt. That game in the weekend didn't change my mind none.

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Unless SK detects what is wrong with our offence, then we are coming last this season by some distance.

SK's not even in charge of the offence, Peyton's the offence coach with Jones has halves coach and Brown as technical advisor. Based on that I wouldn't be keen on Brown being the one to replace SK!. Especially when he was brought in to work with the hookers & halves and Egan only ran once for 2m while our halves were terrible!

Damo

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 11, 2019
They may look alright to us average joes. But when they lineup against opposition teams the physiques of our men compared to opposing teams is night & day.
When Blair came here he was ripped as hell and looked physically bigger in the shoulders arms & chest. And had abs.

Seems to have lost some size & muscle since coming here.

Isaiah looked more lean last year. This year he has bulked up significantly.
I'm not sure it's a good weight gain as he was had it after 5 minutes.

Hiku & Harris are part of the love handle club. Hiku has always had a dads bod. Ill give him a pass. And Harris is just back from injury. But does that excuse them from doing sit ups? Lol

Even Captain Fantastic looked a little heavy(Still looked better than most men lol)

I want our boys to be more professional. And show us they put in 100 percent in the pre season. And at least look like they care. As a fan since day dot. Thats all i ask. Not turn up and look like they don't give a fuck. And thats how i felt. That game in the weekend didn't change my mind none.
Speak for yourself being an average joe 😉. Blair is still ripped as hell going off recent pictures. And I don't see any real difference in body composition between these two pictures taken at the end of his time at the Broncos (2017) and this year playing for the Maori:

20200316_122718.jpg
Screenshot_20200316-122932_Instagram.jpg

Slightly different angles I know but I can't see it myself.

I wont go through and do every player, but really think body composition isn't an issue. Fitness and speed work appears to be the issue.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings