General NRL 2020 Round 1 - General Discussion

drunk_monk

drunk_monk

How the hell the Sharks didn't lose a player there for taking out a guy waiting for the ball there I don't understand.

Dangerous unsubtle professional foul.

Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Geez, the Roosters have conceded more than 18 points for the first time since Round 13 last year. Imagine having such consistent defence.

Reactions: 2 users
Ranger

Ranger

Moses Suli putting extra into the tackle 3 times in a set. Would have seen a Warrior penalised for any of them.

Reactions: 1 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Moses Suli putting extra into the tackle 3 times in a set. Would have seen a Warrior penalised for any of them.

They’ve let ALOT slide in this game Vunivalus flying knee for example

Reactions: 1 user
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Dragons show more attacking ability in their first tackle of the match than we have during all of the 9s, preseason and first round game.

McGregor > Kearney

Ranger

Ranger

Corey Thompson wishing the season had been cancelled already after that, what a shocker

Fonzies Tram Line

Fonzies Tram Line

Yes Luke looks fit, back to work now that he finished his long holiday in NZ.

Reactions: 5 users
wizards rage

wizards rage

NRL Week One. NZ Warriors are at the bottom at table on minus twenty points next to Gold Coast Titans who are on minus eighteen. As much as I can see them improve, I'm sorry but can't see the same thing happening with NZ Warriors. We are bottom team for sure. Just cancel rest of season already. I don't want see Roosters get three-peat.

And I wonder if the fact we are so off the pace will be a factor in us wanting to pull out rather than fight on.

If we were competitive and our players felt they were in with a shot at the top 8; if we didn’t have a big injury list already I suspect they would be more willing to spend a month or so battling on.

Easy out for the team

PullinTeeth

PullinTeeth

And I wonder if the fact we are so off the pace will be a factor in us wanting to pull out rather than fight on.

If we were competitive and our players felt they were in with a shot at the top 8; if we didn’t have a big injury list already I suspect they would be more willing to spend a month or so battling on.

Easy out for the team
Yeah, Ive got no problem with them coming back straight away, Its not like they've had a couple of months to ready them and their families for this, but am sure if the same situation came around and we were 9/1 after 10 rounds, they wouldn't hesitate to base them selves over there on short notice.

Pozza

Pozza

I was watching the Tiges and Dragons game last night and the comms crossed to that wordsmith Blocker. Apparently the Tiges now have Elijah Taylors sister Eliza playing for them. This puts Blocker right up there in contention for the Darryl Halligan memorial trophy. Back to the actual footy, how good was Benji absolutely smoked them!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
warriors55

warriors55

Far out Benji was impressive yesterday! He outplayed Hunt and Norman easily.

Reactions: 1 users
defensivebomb

defensivebomb

There he goes again, that arsehole Jamie Soward, picking us as last in his power rankings. What a prick. He really has it in for this club...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users