General NRL 2020 Round 1 - General Discussion

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
NRL 2020 Round 1 - General Discussion

1583808403017.png

A thread for all 2020 Round 1 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week (besides the Warriors one of course:) ).

Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you...

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
WHO IS GOING TO BE OUR FULLBACK and how long is our main man out for?
If Kodis named at FB then I' ll probably have some sort of mental breakdown before a balls even been kicked. I think will Hayze get given a chance and would be interesting to see what the hype is about and our centers and wingers stay in those positions.
I wouldn't mind seeing Turner get first crack
though, think he's got the goods to be a long term first grader for us

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Looking forward to Queensland derby. They are usually good games with a good crowd creating a great atmosphere. The Cowboys have a new ground which will add to the occasion and also help them pull some decent crowds. Living in NZ I have to admit I'm jealous.

I'm likely driving out of town on Friday hopefully I get to my destination on time.

The two later games on Saturday should be interesting.

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
Jack Bird out for the Broncos with a serious leg injury. Feel pretty bad for the guy, was hoping he had a good season.
My super coach team is taking a hammering in the last 2 weeks, players either dropping like flies or banging like pedos.

Last edited:

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Re-injured the ACL that ended his season last year.

He needs to consider calling it quits

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
NRL players told to avoid fans as coronavirus protocols set

By Sam Phillips SMH
March 12, 2020 — 12.42pm

NRL players have been told to avoid selfies and any contact with fans before or after a match as part of new coronavirus guidelines.

The NRL has sent all clubs the guidelines to try to prevent the coronavirus spreading through its clubs.

The Herald has been told there are three key points in the memo.

Firstly, clubs have been told to instruct players to not take selfies with fans, to avoid any contact with fans and to not take pens to sign autographs.

Players are encouraged to do a lap of the ground to say thanks to fans but to stay within the field of play.

Secondly, access to dressing rooms has been restricted.

Only players and essential match-day staff will be permitted into change rooms, though the NRL has left it up to clubs to determine whether families will be allowed in post match.

Finally, clubs have been told to "limit" community visits which includes going to hospitals, schools and junior clubs.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg will hold a phone hook-up with all 16 club bosses this afternoon to discuss the outbreak, just hours before the season kicks off at Bankwest Stadium.

The NRL's memo came as coronavirus prevention measures continued to escalate rapidly around world sport, with the Times reporting that the English Premier League is set to be played behind closed doors, and in the US, an NBA game between the Utah Jazz and the Oklahoma City Thunder was called off just moments before tip-off due to Jazz centre Rudy Gobert coming down with illness.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
NBA suspended after one player tests positive, shit's getting real now. Wonder if they'll pull individual clubs from the NRL as players come down with it or just can the whole comp?

Reactions: bruce

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Canning it would be disastrous from a financial standpoint. Worst I can see is teams playing against each other in closed stadiums.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Canning it would be disastrous from a financial standpoint. Worst I can see is teams playing against each other in closed stadiums.
The worst is that Australia closes its borders to us. Hopefully that won't be the case. Are there any odds on the season failing?

Reactions: Worried2Death

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Anyone got any bets on tonights game.

Bulldogs 16 or over.
Neds.com.au are offering $2 odds for bets on favs. So no brainer to go on Parra and Cows.

Last Game

19 Jun

06 - 10
4.4 Total Avg Rating
5.4 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 16 ratings