Team List NRL 2019 Round 6 - Warriors vs Cowboys TEAM LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
We need to understand that any team can beat anyine else on their day. Starts 0-0 and from there it is how they execute. I can never understand how we can be so confident before such games, especislly withis this team.
-Yeah I never get why people say we should beat this team or that.

Maybe they haven't seen two decades of making that assertion ridiculous?

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
It seems to affect the players as well. To me it points to their fragile mentality.

To back that premise up, look how they perform on 'special' games.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yeah I would've thought so too. There seems to be some misconception that ISP is some vastly inferior competition for some reason.
Considering the Warriors aren't dong very well there, it doesn't really change the argument that not many are ready to step up.

Christofolos

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 15, 2018
Considering the Warriors aren't dong very well there, it doesn't really change the argument that not many are ready to step up.
Sure it does, what if the poor performances are down to a rookie coach? Not saying this is the case, but there is an argument there for it. CHT looked poor in reserve grade, but they all did because we were being beaten soundly. He has looked ok in first grade, so explain that. How about Pulu? Has looked ordinary in reserve grade games but then posted some great stats, same with Sao. Hard to call because both teams have been so inconsistent, is it coaching or players not turning up on the day? Who can say? Many other clubs seem to be struggling with consistency in first grade as well, which is making for an interesting watch so far

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I'm hearing that Green was looking sweet yesterday but after cool down today he now seems very doubtful. Most likely out.
Was Keighran in the 21 named? Conflicting reports whether he was or not. Irresponsible to not have him in 21 if Green was in doubt. Unless Hiku has usurped him as a half in the coaches eyes...

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
Was Keighran in the 21 named? Conflicting reports whether he was or not. Irresponsible to not have him in 21 if Green was in doubt. Unless Hiku has usurped him as a half in the coaches eyes...

You can bring in a player outside the 21 by applying for an excemption, The NRL gave them all the time last year.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I'm hearing that Green was looking sweet yesterday but after cool down today he now seems very doubtful. Most likely out.
Groin strains are long term, especially on pensioners, Gary Freeman and Andrew Johns being classic examples. They are best to let him get over it slowly and kick the previous management for paying so much money for him. He might not last the final year of his contract unless they nurse him through.
Awesome. So Hiku to 6, Beale to centre
I agree with that, but that isn't what you meant is it? Hiku brings real attacking class to the position, just wait and see. Beale is first grade material anyway, no problems there.

Reactions: TripleL

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
You can bring in a player outside the 21 by applying for an excemption, The NRL gave them all the time last year.
Only if the player named in the 21 that needs a replacement out of the 21 was not under an injury cloud and was injured after the Tuesday naming wasn't it? Pretty sure that is the case to stop coaches foxing their Tuesday lists. Unfortunately the only team we seem to outfox is our own. Let's see if Keighran comes in if Green is indeed out. I doubt even the NRL would reward such negligence and utter incompetence.

Reactions: Wellington Warrior

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
AK didn’t play too well in reserve grade last week.

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 30, 2018
NRL ‘late mail’:

Blake Green is out of the Warriors team that will play North Queensland on Saturday.
Green was unable to overcome a groin injury, a loss which has resulted in a backline reshuffle.
Peta Hiku moves from the centres to fullback, with Gerard Beale (No.21) now named to start in the centres.

[So it looks like RTS is gonna be alongside CHT in the halves.]

ORIGINAL ABOVE IS AN ERROR, HIKU GOES TO HALFBACK

Edit: from the NRL match preview:
“Agnatius Paasi and Solomone Kata (both knee) remain in the squad. Green and Sam Lisone were the two players left out 24 hours out from kick-off.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings