General NRL 2019 Round 6 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that? I didn't see it.

I don't know what it is down to, but they seem to be able to find a bargain if CNK is considered. On the other hand we regard Blair as a bargain. :rolleyes: Remember Canberra is almost as unpopular as Auckland for Aussie players so the club and sticky are doing something right. Just don't try telling me we should be signing poms.
I think it gets down to talent identification whether they're from the UK or Mars, something the Warriors recruiters have been sadly lacking over the years.
Kent was alluding to the fact that these particular poms didn't have the salon ride pathways coming up through the grades. They had to be mentally and physically tough, something lacking in our current bunch of Warriors superstars. If you take out the 2 new pommies what else has changed about the Raiders. Almost the same personnel isn't it ?
So why the big improvement ?

Reactions: bruce

Stalefish540

Contributor
I think it gets down to talent identification whether they're from the UK or Mars, something the Warriors recruiters have been sadly lacking over the years.
Kent was alluding to the fact that these particular poms didn't have the salon ride pathways coming up through the grades. They had to be mentally and physically tough, something lacking in our current bunch of Warriors superstars. If you take out the 2 new pommies what else has changed about the Raiders. Almost the same personnel isn't it ?
So why the big improvement ?
They have a very short shiney headed man named Cappy also. They also got rid of Paulo and Boyd who, and now have a more mobile pack which is helping. They also gave the captaincy to the english hooker, which is a much better option than Croker. Oh, and they learnt how to defend somehow. Bateman has been a revelation though, he sticks like glue and hearty fellas like that bring the rest of them up a notch.

They have a very short shiney headed man named Cappy also. They also got rid of Paulo and Boyd who, and now have a more mobile pack which is helping. They also gave the captaincy to the english hooker, which is a much better option than Croker. Oh, and they learnt how to defend somehow. Bateman has been a revelation though, he sticks like glue and hearty fellas like that bring the rest of them up a notch.
you'd like a team of Batemans wouldn't you, reckon he's only going to get better

Reactions: Stalefish540
Status
Not open for further replies.