General NRL 2019 Round 6 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The performance of the four Poms for the Raiders this year has been outstanding. Sort of puts to bed the myth the Poms are inferior footballers to the NRL. Ricky may be on to something there. Wouldn't mind a couple of them in our team. They have a good work ethic and don't shy away from the hard stuff

Stalefish540

Contributor
The performance of the four Poms for the Raiders this year has been outstanding. Sort of puts to bed the myth the Poms are inferior footballers to the NRL. Ricky may be on to something there. Wouldn't mind a couple of them in our team. They have a good work ethic and don't shy away from the hard stuff
Pommy forwards tend to go well, as they are as tough as an old boot. Will be interesting to see how the Williams half goes at Canberra next year.

WTF’s wrong with this game? Seconds gone, there’s a blatant shoulder charge to the head by one of the Tigers, his victim has to leave the field for an HIA, the Eels just get a penalty. No report, Eels capt. remonstrates, ref. waves him away.

This is usually the type of occasion we get dished up for. Glad it's the Tigers on the receiving end.

Eels look good returning from kick offs with some big runs. Good go forward sets after scoring.

Also some long range tries. We look slow in comparison.

bruce

Contributor
[QUOTE="bruce, post: 773853, member: 4517I think he might be like Phil Collins was to Genesis. I am sure everybody knows what I mean by that.

I have no idea what you mean.
[/QUOTE]
Ok, serious answer.

Genesis were a big thing in the music scene with lead singer Peter Gabriel. He left the group. They spent months auditioning new lead singers. Nobody was any good. Then the drummer, an unheard of guy called Phil Collins, said why not let me have a go. The rest ladies and jellybeans is pop history.

Now Peta Hiku is a C grade defender, and had a shocker on Saturday, but he is a very talented footballer with a genuine rugby league brain. He always has the defence in two minds, always. Last year down that right side he was as much a problem as Shaun Johnson was and look how Fusitua took advantage of that.

Okay no other club would sign him as a half, but as a claytons half there are a lot worse on offer. He has size, a fend, balance, footwork and although his defence is poor he usually at least slows them down when he shirt grabs.

Personally I would give Blake Green the rest he needs, give Hiku some time to gel with Chanel Harris-Tavita and see how it goes.

We are going to lose this Thursday any way. The TAB have us at $4 and even I won't touch that. They have us with a 11.5 points in and I won't even touch that.

Give the girls plenty of tackling practice this week and try to keep the Storm to 20 points. That would make me very content that we were starting to turn the corner.

Reactions: Warrior482

bruce

Contributor
Tell me one Pom who has been any good at the Warriors, just ONE??? BAN ALL POMS

I did read that St George we’re looking at signing him, dependent upon the Jack de Berlin case. That throws the home sickness theory out the door. We should sign him or anybody actually.
If Braden Uele can keep them big impact performances coming before Woods comes back and pushes him back to Newtown.

He will be gaining interest from other clubs.
Hope we do as well,what a performance.
Big and bad this ex junior Kiwi.

Status
Not open for further replies.